• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

Agreed.

Is there any indication though that it is working its way towards some sort of conclusion?

Although viewing figures are way down from its heyday, it's still one of the top cable TV shows in the US, so as long as it's a cash cow for AMC, there's no end in sight. There's even a new spin-off series with Julia Ormond on next year. I think the comic has ended, though.

I don't recall Carol chasing Lydia. I thought she was chasing Alpha.

I know the situation they found themselves in is precarious but, they were hunting for the hoard and found the hoard. I don't believe it's a dangerous as everyone seems to think. They're prepared, it's what they were looking for right? They can handle themselves, yes?

Or as always, am I missing something?

They'd really be living up to their name if they brought her back.
Here she comes...

stairlift.jpg

I don't recall Carol chasing Lydia. I thought she was chasing Alpha.

I know the situation they found themselves in is precarious but, they were hunting for the hoard and found the hoard. I don't believe it's a dangerous as everyone seems to think. They're prepared, it's what they were looking for right? They can handle themselves, yes?

Or as always, am I missing something?

You're missing me not paying attention! I meant Alpha, of course!

This week's was basically The Descent with zombies, but not too bad as far as that went. Not sure about the sex scene, I mean, I guess the characters have sex sometimes, but this was a bit villainous slash fic. I was worried we'd lose Jerry! That would be too much.

This week's was basically The Descent with zombies, but not too bad as far as that went. Not sure about the sex scene, I mean, I guess the characters have sex sometimes, but this was a bit villainous slash fic. I was worried we'd lose Jerry! That would be too much.

Yes. Some good tension, but I can't quite accept how they've changed Carol's character from the tough and stoic backbone of the team, to a whining and dysfunctional mess.

Yes. Some good tension, but I can't quite accept how they've changed Carol's character from the tough and stoic backbone of the team, to a whining and dysfunctional mess.

They said she suffered from claustrophobia, so... I suppose that explains that. Plus she was feeling penitent for leading the group into the mess in the first place. But I do prefer badass Carol.

They said she suffered from claustrophobia, so... I suppose that explains that. Plus she was feeling penitent for leading the group into the mess in the first place. But I do prefer badass Carol.

Carol's been a bit "off" for a while though. Was it that stand-off with Alpha that sparked it?

This week's had me going "They're not being written out are they?!" every five minutes.

Nice to have a little reflection this week, and I do hope it works out for Eugene (anyone know who does the voice of his radio friend?). Then all Hell broke loose and we got a proper cliffhanger. Don't know if we'll have a 100% survival rate - at least Jerry didn't die on his birthday (Cooper Andrews had his birthday yesterday!).

Plenty of action in last night's episode and a couple of wow! moments.

Will Negan become the new Rick?

I had read this latest episode described as a "cop out", but I thought the opposite was true, it's really advanced the (admittedly rambling) story. But I missed the significance of Beta getting his mask torn - are we supposed to recognise him like that guy did?

Oh, I've read that Beta apparently used to be a celebrity country singer before the zombies arrived, it was referenced in Fear the Walking Dead. No wonder I forgot about it.

That's bye-bye Michonne then, at least she didn't go the way I feared they would get rid of her, but she was always a great character in search of a great storyline on this show. Interesting alternate universe diversion for her grand finale, though. And Danai didn't age at all from her first appearance to last!

That's bye-bye Michonne then, at least she didn't go the way I feared they would get rid of her, but she was always a great character in search of a great storyline on this show. Interesting alternate universe diversion for her grand finale, though. And Danai didn't age at all from her first appearance to last!

Absolutely farcical episode.
Hated the whole trippy thing, which was cheap filler and progressed the plot not one iota.
A sprawling mess of an episode and a wasted (probable) send-off for another major character.

So Beta (who turns out to be a good 'ol Country and Western boy) is the new Alpha and Negan is the new Rick.
Not sure what to make of Eugene going a wooing.
It's all a bit meh though isn't it?
Please let there be a proper conclusion soon!

Thought Beta was going a bit Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia. Meanwhile Carol got her Harvey from Farscape moment (a very popular trend). They've gone a bit quiet on the Rick TV movies front, haven't they? But there's no indication the series is about to end, it's still does very well compared to its rivals, though the viewing figures are down from its heyday.

I believe that's it from this season of TWD, because they ran out of time to complete their finale before the virus struck. I suppose they should be glad they ended on a proper cliffhanger. I see Princess, who I believe is one of the least popular characters from the comic, showed up, played by Paola Lázaro, who I know from the Lethal Weapon series. She does seem a bit Scrappy-Doo so far.

I see Jeffrey Dean Morgan has his own isolation chat show now, so maybe he can do a Book at Bedtime version of the finale in lieu of the real thing?

Right, lots to take in here, but the delayed season finale shows up October 4th (this year!) and here's an extended opener for you (oo-er):

In fact, the whole of season 10 has been extended by 6 episodes and will air next year, then after a gap, season 11. Lauren Cohan's back, as seen in that clip. And apparently Michonne will be back too, but not for a while.

Fear TWD returns after this episode is broadcast, and the Gen-Z spin-off World Beyond is next up. And you thought they were spinning this out too much before.

Back