• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

Eugene is such a great character. Hope he survives to the very end. Interesting to think how cowardly he and Gabriel were, when we first encountered them - and what a long way they've come. It's great that they're still standing as they both had introductions into the show that made you think they wouldn't be long for this world. And sometimes the most unlikely people prevail.

Am also holding out for Ezekiel to get life-saving surgery lol.

I'm glad they remembered the pet tiger this week!

Stepping stone episode this week, setting up the pieces for the final run. At least Eugene got his cute glassesgirl Max. Standing up to the Commonwealth seems... tricky. Good luck with that, Maggie - they have ice cream and sweets!

I don't mean to be a buzzkill but .. is this show still zombie lite? .. the scenes started only revolving around the characters instead the last time I watched it.

That's kind of the point though - despite the external existential threat the biggest hazard is often other, living people. The zombies are dangerous all right but at least are honest and agenda-free. There were quite a few this evening but no overwhelming swarm.

Stephen King on that recent podcast interview made the point that this long into the zombie apocalypse, wouldn't most of the undead be piles of bones by now?

Surprisingly good episode this week, maybe not much we hadn't seen before (with variations) but exciting, well-characterised and a cracking cliffhanger. I like that they're taking chances in these final episodes, it's as if they're thinking, pfft, nothing left to lose now, if you've stuck with it this far you'll stay to the end.

That's kind of the point though - despite the external existential threat the biggest hazard is often other, living people. The zombies are dangerous all right but at least are honest and agenda-free. There were quite a few this evening but no overwhelming swarm.
'kind of' butters no parsnips with me Stu because the show's called 'The Walking Dead' and not 'The Walking Disenfranchised Survivors' .. I appreciate that character's stories benefit the show but more zombies would have stopped it turning into a Coronation Street soap opera with occasional zombies instead. It sounds like they're going for it again with the final shows though. I haven't watched any of these yet.

I don't think I'd have stayed with it for this long if it had been episode after episode of Greg Nicotero's makeup effects showreels. Got to get some (rotting) meat on those bones!

I don't think I'd have stayed with it for this long if it had been episode after episode of Greg Nicotero's makeup effects showreels. Got to get some (rotting) meat on those bones!
I'm the proud owner of a Greg Nicotero face cast of Bruce Campbell and yes, I am boasting .. the man had/has serious F/X skills as I'm sure you already know ... it's detailed down to every skin pore ..

One anecdote that made me laugh about Nicotero was that, after it had been filmed for Day Of The Dead, he took the animatronic replica of his own head to his parents house for Thanksgiving, placed it in his old bedroom in bed and on a pillow then hid under the bed moaning "mum! mum" while operating it with the cables as a prank. He wrote that she wouldn't speak to him for weeks after he did that :chuckle: ..

I decided to re-watched The Walking Dead. I wanted to refresh my memory as well as remember all the cast from the past because this is the last season.

Man, they turned Negan from psycho to whipped. lol I don't think Jeffery is comfortable with the change.

I decided to re-watched The Walking Dead. I wanted to refresh my memory as well as remember all the cast from the past because this is the last season.

Man, they turned Negan from psycho to whipped. lol I don't think Jeffery is comfortable with the change.

He's getting his own spin-off, so he can't be that bothered (or he knows not to look a gift horse in the mouth!). Weirdly, the new show sees him in a double act with Maggie. Could be exhausting...

Stephen King on that recent podcast interview made the point that this long into the zombie apocalypse, wouldn't most of the undead be piles of bones by now?
That recent Gabby Petito case, they were both skeletonised within just a few weeks, weren't they? Well he was, I'm not sure about poor Gabby.

"Warlords" was my favourite episode in ages. So tense, at points. Huge Negan fan (ex teacher here, I identify!)

He's getting his own spin-off, so he can't be that bothered (or he knows not to look a gift horse in the mouth!). Weirdly, the new show sees him in a double act with Maggie. Could be exhausting...
After viewing what Negan did to Maggie's man Glen (and then stopping half way through to taunt him and then carrying on), in no universe, real or fictional ever can I accept that Maggie would go "You know what? hey!! .. that was then but this is now!" .. I won't be watching that. I'm all for character development but that would be the equivalent of watching the Jews liberated from Auschwitz saying "OK .. Hitler shouldn't have done that to us but, like, we've all had bad days right?!" ..

After viewing what Negan did to Maggie's man Glen (and then stopping half way through to taunt him and then carrying on), in no universe, real or fictional ever can I accept that Maggie would go "You know what? hey!! .. that was then but this is now!" .. I won't be watching that. I'm all for character development but that would be the equivalent of watching the Jews liberated from Auschwitz saying "OK .. Hitler shouldn't have done that to us but, like, we've all had bad days right?!" ..

Well, she does keep promising to kill him so maybe it'll be a miniseries? Or maybe they'll be pitted against each other like Tom and Jerry?

Nice (and disgusting) to see the return of characters smearing themselves with blood and guts this week, I thought they'd forgotten about that. And congratulations, Negan! Took me a while to realise who the big reveal was at the end, and it wasn't that long since we last saw her. How soon I forget!

Well, she does keep promising to kill him so maybe it'll be a miniseries? Or maybe they'll be pitted against each other like Tom and Jerry?
I'd watch that but that scenario wouldn't be pretty to watch at all .. she'd be torturing Negan to death after 'Glenn gate' .. vomit bag at the side of my chair stuff. Two cigarette breaks at least.

Notice how Daryl keeps being seen without his star wars gear on. I bet that suit is hotter than hell.

There are certain characters you anticipate having a counter ticking down their time on the show before a satisfying exit, Sebastian is one, and Lance is another. I know the writers are toying with us, but the buildup is quite something.

There are certain characters you anticipate having a counter ticking down their time on the show before a satisfying exit, Sebastian is one, and Lance is another. I know the writers are toying with us, but the buildup is quite something.

I can hardly wait. They did a great job of making us hate them. lol I suppose that means that they are really good actors. :)

The title suggests to me that those alive are already more or less dead. Like the walking wounded, only they're walking dead. It's just a matter of time.

My, that Daryl and Leah relationship had its ups and downs, didn't it?! Swing and a miss at Lance, too.

This season seems to have better pacing than a few of the previous ones. Things are actually happening....in every episode...and new characters have been brought in that I actually care about....

So was that it?
After some 12 years, series 11, episode 24 was meant to wrap it all up?
OK so we got the expected flashbacks to the dear departed and a teaser about Rick, but I'm not really feeling anything approaching closure right now.
Oh well, at least I can cancel my free trial of Disney+ now before I have to start paying for it.

So was that it?
After some 12 years, series 11, episode 24 was meant to wrap it all up?
OK so we got the expected flashbacks to the dear departed and a teaser about Rick, but I'm not really feeling anything approaching closure right now.
Oh well, at least I can cancel my free trial of Disney+ now before I have to start paying for it.
... except that wasn't really the end, as I gather there are no fewer than 3 spin-offs planned for 2024ish.

Rick's coming back and the Maggie and Negan show will be grinding on. Not sure what the third one is (and not sure I care much).

Do we have a discussion about the origin of the zombie infection?
Some fans believe it's down to Heisenberg's blue meth as seen in Breaking Bad.

Here's a nice Screen Rant page about it.

Every Hint Breaking Bad Is A Secret Walking Dead Prequel - Theory Exposed

There is no solid evidence for the idea that Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead have a shared universe, but the theory has only become stronger throughout the years, with many of the shows' producers jumping on the bandwagon and confirming hidden references spotted in both TV shows.

What could perhaps be just the recycling of equipment used in Breaking Bad only grew stronger as a fan theory, which can get quite convincing once viewers stretch their imagination enough.

Back