• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Warriors

I don't want the game but I've seen the film many, many times.

To a certain point it's dated - but it's still a "nostalgia" film i.e. I remember when I saw it, I quote lines etc.

In a way, it's a feel-good film.

Warriors! Come out to play-ay!

The book is much, much better and much less fantastical than the film. That being said The Warriors is also one of my favourite films and I'm so sad, I was even tempted to buy some of the action figures on sale at Memorabilia but they didn't have the characters I wanted. :goof:

Personally, with the DVD for the Warriors showing that it was supposed to take place in a future time, I think that it might take place in the same world as Walter Hill's other rock n roll actioner, Streets of Fire. At least, that's what I like to think, that Streets of Fire was the world of the Warriors 20 years into the future.

I love this movie. I used to watch it a lot back in the 80's when it seemed WGN used to show it every weekend at midnight. I still watch the dvd a couple of times a year. The new dvd has an hour long doc on the making of that's really good. A little trivia, the only female in the cast, who I'd never seen in anything else but The Warriors has a small part in The Devil's Rejects.

Back