• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Welsh Poltergeist That Had The Press Camped In The Street Fifty Years Ago

Nemo

Go away, leave me alone, nemo is home
Not sure where this should go, but here goes anyway.

The property on Rhondda Street in Mount Pleasant was said to be haunted

It was an unremarkable house in the middle of row of unremarkable terraced homes.

And yet just over fifty years ago television crews camped outside the property on Rhondda Street in Mount Pleasant , following news reports of unusual goings on inside.

The date was December 1965, and the reason for the interest of television reporters had been revealed days earlier on the front page of the South Wales Evening Post.

The headline read "The ghost of Rhondda Street" and the story’s introduction read simply: "Detectives today called at a terraced Swansea house which the occupants believe had been ransacked by a ghost".
(c) WalesOnline 2019

I've never heard of this one before.

This one is known to me, and fir what it's worth I have the following to offer. A very good friend of mine, a builder, then lived in a nearby street. He knew most people in that area. I should say he's very open to the paranormal to say the least. About ten to fifteen years ago I mentioned this to him and asked if he knew anything about it, he replied that he did because he'd carried out work on the house in Rhondda Street at that time. I can't recall whether just before ot just after the events. There were issues with the woman who lived at the house regarding the state of the property and he recalled as being eager to either or get something done (possibly the work he was involved in), and he attributed this as being the motivation for the story.

Subjective, retrispective, and has no value one way or the other, but I thought I'd mention it.

The video "The Swansea Haunting" isn't connected to the poltergeist case. Although I did enjoy watching it Tycoch, where it was set, isn't on a mountain but a hill and I don't remember anything about this at the time.

Back