The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
"The Met Office said: 'winter's here now properly' as temperatures plunged as low as -12C in some parts of the UK this morning"... :mad:
We had -30C something last week with the wind chill and it has remained in the -20Cs this week. I'll send some of the cold air to Tigerhawk if he'll send warmer weather in return. :wink2:

Tigerhawk

Resistance is futile!
We had -30C something last week with the wind chill and it has remained in the -20Cs this week. I'll send some of the cold air to Tigerhawk if he'll send warmer weather in return. :wink2:
You can have our heatwave and keep it! There's a brief lull today, and it's only going to be another week of damned hot weather next week!:headbang:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
The weather is now cold enough that my hands have gone dry and have cracked. Blood pouring from my knuckles.
Yesterday, somebody remarked 'have you taken up rowing?', leading me to look up pictures of hands online. Nasty, don't recommend it.
It's not as if I've been outside in the cold much. How would I fare in an actual cold country, I wonder?
Need to find the pot of 'Working Hands'.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
The weather is now cold enough that my hands have gone dry and have cracked. Blood pouring from my knuckles.
Yesterday, somebody remarked 'have you taken up rowing?', leading me to look up pictures of hands online. Nasty, don't recommend it.
It's not as if I've been outside in the cold much. How would I fare in an actual cold country, I wonder?
Need to find the pot of 'Working Hands'.
Vaseline will do a decent job at a pinch.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Yay the government are thinking of forceing social media sites to remove illegal content when they do this already by law and this is to do with a who girl killed herself two years ago and the government are comparing self harm images to grooming and wanting to make the net save for children and young adults and vulnerable people sorry but no people need to police themselves not the government and internationally seeking out disturbing content and get upset about it than its that persons problem.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
Content that normalises things that a significant number of people/powerful people will always attract attention.

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
Got stung for a Traffic offence today. I didn't come to a complete stop at a Stop sign.

Which is true. I didn't. So I'm not irritated at the Police who stopped me. I support the Police 100% and they do sterling work. However, I am a little bit irritated that the fine is just an automatic thing. I've never even had so much as a speeding fine. No previous offences. Only had 2 parking tickets in my life. So a quick check in the system would have shown a spotless 20 year driving history. It would have been nice with a "watch it now" word of warning and maybe a dressing down. So I suppose I'm irritated at myself and £200 poorer.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
How Dare the media take Liam neesons words out of context and twist he's words.
On this occasion, they haven't twisted his words, you can listen to the radio interview in the below link although he does admit remorse for his approach and actions that week .. he admits to going out with a cosh hoping that some "black bastard" would start on him. In his own words.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47133868

My feelings are he got himself wound up (understandably under the circumstances), went out tooled up like a twat and then realised he was doing something bad and stopped himself .. the problem was he went out deliberately with an offensive weapon "4 or 5" times. Thank God he didn't injure anyone. The awkward thing is, one of his upcoming film projects has him starring as an American journalist who goes to Africa to hunt down a corrupt black colonel. I can't see that going ahead now.

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
On this occasion, they haven't twisted his words, you can listen to the radio interview in the below link although he does admit remorse for his approach and actions that week .. he admits to going out with a cosh hoping that some "black bastard" would start on him. In his own words.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47133868

My feelings are he got himself wound up (understandably under the circumstances), went out tooled up like a twat and then realised he was doing something bad and stopped himself .. the problem was he went out deliberately with an offensive weapon "4 or 5" times. Thank God he didn't injure anyone. The awkward thing is, one of his upcoming film projects has him starring as an American journalist who goes to Africa to hunt down a corrupt black colonel. I can't see that going ahead now.
I can sympathise with him that he put his foot in his mouth with the best intentions - who hasn't done that? - but the basis of the story isn't a stupid mistake, it's a lot more serious. Imagine if he'd killed some random person in his revenge attack? I know it was NI 40 years ago, and not the most tolerant of societies, but all I can say is I'm glad Liam's red mist lifted eventually. I like the guy and we all have our dark side, but maybe this would have been best left for a therapy session and not a piece of fluff press junket.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I can sympathise with him that he put his foot in his mouth with the best intentions - who hasn't done that? - but the basis of the story isn't a stupid mistake, it's a lot more serious. Imagine if he'd killed some random person in his revenge attack? I know it was NI 40 years ago, and not the most tolerant of societies, but all I can say is I'm glad Liam's red mist lifted eventually. I like the guy and we all have our dark side, but maybe this would have been best left for a therapy session and not a piece of fluff press junket.
It was certainly a weird place for him to decide to attend confession. The New York premiere for his latest film was cancelled today because of this business.

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
But how many more people now know that Lian Neeson has a new film coming out--and he's dangerous?