The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

Ulalume

tart of darkness
Tagging @escargot in on this one cos I know she'll just love what I'm about to say. Symptoms Scargy!

Spent all day yesterday alternating between the settee and the bathroom (sick four! times) and today I don't feel much better although thankfully the absolutely horrific stomach pain has lessened... slightly. Now sitting 'ere waiting to see if my cup of tea will stay down today.

Stupid thing is I don't even know what I've eaten which could have caused it... nothing that was 'off' anyway.

On the plus side... suppose I'll have lost some weight. :D
Sorry to hear of your troubles...I don't have any answers for you, but I've got some fellow feeling cos these days I've got duodenitis. It sounds funny, but I assure you it's truly painful!

Also, when they were diagnosing the duodenitis, they found that my bile duct (as I've long suspected) is malformed. They insist this can't be causing any pain, but I'm dubious about this, to say the least. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. Just know that I'm suffering along with you.

Tagging @escargot in on this one cos I know she'll just love what I'm about to say. Symptoms Scargy!

Spent all day yesterday alternating between the settee and the bathroom (sick four! times) and today I don't feel much better although thankfully the absolutely horrific stomach pain has lessened... slightly. Now sitting 'ere waiting to see if my cup of tea will stay down today.

Stupid thing is I don't even know what I've eaten which could have caused it... nothing that was 'off' anyway.

On the plus side... suppose I'll have lost some weight. :D
Do take care, hope you're feeling better soon.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Do take care, hope you're feeling better soon.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Sorry to hear of your troubles...I don't have any answers for you, but I've got some fellow feeling cos these days I've got duodenitis. It sounds funny, but I assure you it's truly painful!

Also, when they were diagnosing the duodenitis, they found that my bile duct (as I've long suspected) is malformed. They insist this can't be causing any pain, but I'm dubious about this, to say the least. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. Just know that I'm suffering along with you.
Ohh dear... my sympathies. :bpals: Hopefully it is something that can be sorted out for you? (And yes, I'd be a bit dubious too about the bile duct thing).

Hope you feel better soon too. Drink plenty and stay warm and rest a lot. (And pass the time reading stuff on here, like I'm doing right now).

Oh no, I hope everyone feels better soon.
Thanks Scargy (I can call you that, right?) :)

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Sorry to bang on about this, but watched another old episode (2013) of QI last evening and the question put forward by Mr Fry was, ''How do you find out the age of a lobster?''
to which Alan 'annoying' Davies replied ''You ask it''.
The audience roared with laughter. That must be extra added on 'canned laughter' surely, or are the QI audience really that stupid?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Sorry to bang on about this, but watched another old episode (2013) of QI last evening and the question put forward by Mr Fry was, ''How do you find out the age of a lobster?''
The audience roared with laughter. That must be extra added on 'canned laughter' surely, or are the QI audience really that stupid?
Reminds me of sending one of my kids to the shop for bread. As we wanted toast I said 'Get a thick loaf!' and she asked 'How can I tell if it's thick?' and he smartarse brother said 'Ask it questions!'

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Reminds me of sending one of my kids to the shop for bread. As we wanted toast I said 'Get a thick loaf!' and she asked 'How can I tell if it's thick?' and he smartarse brother said 'Ask it questions!'
Exactly. It's very funny to a youngster. (Don't say this happened only last week!), but I bet the QI audience consider themselves highly intellectual though. To be fair, I seriously think they add extra laughter on. A friend of mine swears they do it on the 'comedy' shows on Radio 4 as well.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reminds me of a time at work when someone in a different department said to me "Oh, if you want that, you'll have to ask Eric the Wanker."
"Er...why do you call him that?"
Blank expression followed by "Cos his name's Eric."

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Exactly. It's very funny to a youngster. (Don't say this happened only last week!), but I bet the QI audience consider themselves highly intellectual though. To be fair, I seriously think they add extra laughter on. A friend of mine swears they do it on the 'comedy' shows on Radio 4 as well.
Dunno, I went to a recording of Clue and there was uproarious audience laughter throughout. We had to be told to shut up sometimes. No need whatsoever for any 'help' there.

Bigphoot2

I gave up watching QI years ago when they had Emma Thompson and John Sessions as panellists - combined with Fry, the smug level reached a critical mass.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
I gave up watching QI years ago when they had Emma Thompson and John Sessions as panellists - combined with Fry, the smug level reached a critical mass.
That does sound terrible.
Yes, I really should move on now myself, but there's so little on worth bothering with.

Bigphoot2

Sessions can be forgiven for anything because he was brilliant in Ken Campbell's The Madness Museum https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353687/
I like him as an actor and I've read that people who have met him said he was really nice and friendly, it's just that on panel shows he seems to be incredibly smug and has the kind of smirking face that you can punch all day and never get bored.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
Those shows aren't that funny. Forced humour.
Exactly. I think he gave up listening to Radio four because of it.
I also stopped a few years ago, not so much for that reason, but because the interviewers drove me mad. They'd ask someone a question (often a polititian) and then not let them answer properly without interrupting them. Constantly rushing them. Either make the programme longer or have less people on to be interviewed.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I like him as an actor and I've read that people who have met him said he was really nice and friendly, it's just that on panel shows he seems to be incredibly smug and has the kind of smirking face that you can punch all day and never get bored.
Can remember him talking snootily about his own TV appearances back in the day, declaring that he didn't want 'Mr and Mrs Shellsuit' watching.

Krepostnoi

Popular orange vegetable
Got up bright and early for a morning swim. Quick coffee and a bite to eat beforehand, and I broke a tooth. In a development that will do absolutely nothing to burnish my credentials as the Bear Grylls of the forum, the solid comestible accompaniment to my coffee was:
A croissant. Be fair, though, it could have happened to anyone. After all, I hadn't dipped it in the drink to soften it. :shy:

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Got up bright and early for a morning swim. Quick coffee and a bite to eat beforehand, and I broke a tooth. In a development that will do absolutely nothing to burnish my credentials as the Bear Grylls of the forum, the solid comestible accompaniment to my coffee was:
A croissant. Be fair, though, it could have happened to anyone. After all, I hadn't dipped it in the drink to soften it. :shy:
Russian
croissants
, though:

Igor: “Boris, vot recipe again? Too much vodka at lunch.”

Boris: “Nyet remembering: Afghan War opium addiction... Was it two parts lard, one part cement?”

maximus otter

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
A very strange thing occured last eve!- after not taking my own advice and watching yet another old 'QI', Alan Davies, for some reason, hardly said a word and let Bill Bailey and Tim Minchin do most of the talking, guestwise. Added in that the audience were also suspiciously quiter than usual, it made for a much more enjoyable show. Mrs Floyd also remarked how much better said prog was. I began to wonder if High-up Forteans had had a 'quiet word' with those in charge. I imagine they have the power to do such things.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
At least you didn't humiliate yourself like I once did.

Complained to a restaurant manager about a nasty hard piece of shell or summat in a fruit salad, which turned out to be half of one of my own teeth.

Being a sport I owned up to the mistake and when I left all the waiting staff lined up to remind me to ring the dentist.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
At least you didn't humiliate yourself like I once did.

Complained to a restaurant manager about a nasty hard piece of shell or summat in a fruit salad, which turned out to be half of one of my own teeth.

Being a sport I owned up to the mistake and when I left all the waiting staff lined up to remind me to ring the dentist.
Just had an idea for a new thread!; ''who has made the biggest tw** of themselves in public?'' Not very Fortean though I suppose. Maybe forget that idea. I'd probably win hands down anyway.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Just had an idea for a new thread!; ''who has made the biggest tw** of themselves in public?'' Not very Fortean though I suppose. Maybe forget that idea. I'd probably win hands down anyway.
Go for it!

There's a similarly-themed thread on another site I visit which is very popular.