The Whinge Thread, Resurrected

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
At great personal expense (well £40), I did my 7.6 mile run, dashed in with the dog, then dashed back out again, still in my sweaty and mud splattered gear, drove down to the log emporium and bought my logs.

Reader, did it snow? It buggering well did not.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
At great personal expense (well £40), I did my 7.6 mile run, dashed in with the dog, then dashed back out again, still in my sweaty and mud splattered gear, drove down to the log emporium and bought my logs.

Reader, did it snow? It buggering well did not.
Expensive wood!!!

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Got woken up at 6:30 am this morning by my neighbour scraping frost off of their windscreen grrr!

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I got a warning from Reddit addmin for hate speech all I said was this I think it's stupid just as stupid as womxn and Latinx.its woke taken to extremes and the mods had no problems with it the subreddit is an anti hate subreddit and I think it was an addmin with a stick up their ass. new word now exists folx it means folks that was what the discussion was about.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
An item I bought online (blu ray boxset) has a tracking number. Checking said number, I noticed it was "with carrier" - I spent al of Friday waiting, no delivery. Checked tracking details again, it's still with the courier! I was going to binge view Fu Manchu this weekend!

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a warning from Reddit addmin for hate speech all I said was this I think it's stupid just as stupid as womxn and Latinx.its woke taken to extremes and the mods had no problems with it the subreddit is an anti hate subreddit and I think it was an addmin with a stick up their ass. new word now exists folx it means folks that was what the discussion was about.
There are new coinages that I think look and sound ridiculous cropping up all the time. I've still never met anybody in the flesh and blood world
who uses any of them; perhaps I move in the right circles.

If you ask me (which you didn't, but you did post it here), it's better simply to leave them to it and let it all carry on in its own little bubble rather that wasting your mental energy on the matter. Nobody's forcing you to use any of the new forms that you don't like; if and when they do, that might be the time to down tools and man the barricades.

Take solace in the observable fact that the majority of these linguistic fads have the lifespans of a mayfly.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Got a new battery for my makita impact driver for xmas 2019 and its f*cked already, the one that came with it lasted 7 years :mad:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Got a new battery for my makita impact driver for xmas 2019 and its f*cked already, the one that came with it lasted 7 years :mad:
Is it a genuine Makita replacement?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
As mentioned on the Cycling thread, we've had lovely Cheshire Gap winter weather all week - cold, dry, sunny. Today it's all that but with high winds. Being somewhat averse to broken limbs, it's no biking for me.

It's a shame as Techy too fancied a nice long run. Strangely, getting swept under a truck/into a ditch then freezing to death in a ditch doesn't appeal to him either.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
As mentioned on the Cycling thread, we've had lovely Cheshire Gap winter weather all week - cold, dry, sunny. Today it's all that but with high winds. Being somewhat averse to broken limbs, it's no biking for me.

It's a shame as Techy too fancied a nice long run. Strangely, getting swept under a truck/into a ditch then freezing to death in a ditch doesn't appeal to him either.
I went out for two short rides yesterday and the wind was punishing – so I kept to the Two Tunnels traffic-free route and a ride around town, where the wind was less noticeable. There was one patch of ice about six metres long on the Two Tunnels route that I decided to ride straight over, but that was hairy and I walked over it on the return.

The only genuinely dangerous weather conditions are wind and ice; combine them and you won't see me on the roads!

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
The only genuinely dangerous weather conditions are wind and ice; combine them and you won't see me on the roads!
As a push- and motor-biker I do agree! They take the control away from you singly and when you add them together :freak:

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Wind was bitterly cold round my way as well. Despite several layers & double gloves it still got through on my ride yesterday resulting in numb fingers. Not going to bother today or until it warms up a bit.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
OK. We still have remnants of 30" just before xmas. 1' tomorrow, 8" Tuesday, 12 " Thursday and last night's low was 2 degrees F. You want snow, come to upstate NY. I'll trade you for Wales.
:) I spent 5 years in upstate CT. I miss the proper snow. Living in a country where they go into hysterics over snow measured in fractions of a centimetre instead of feet puts me in to a state of incredulous wonder every year. I used to have a big old Chevy Blazer with a plough and plough my neighbour's drives for them - usually with a reward in a certain spirit ;)

Although I also love the UK it is a damn wet miserable climate for a lot of the time.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
:) I spent 5 years in upstate CT. I miss the proper snow. Living in a country where they go into hysterics over snow measured in fractions of a centimetre instead of feet puts me in to a state of incredulous wonder every year. I used to have a big old Chevy Blazer with a plough and plough my neighbour's drives for them - usually with a reward in a certain spirit ;)

Although I also love the UK it is a damn wet miserable climate for a lot of the time.
We may measure snow in mm but we measure rainfall in metres lol

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Yes I caught the worst cold of my life visiting a charming unheated 15th century cottage near the sea for xmas once. Damp. And my neighbor in NJ during a different period was from Derby living with his daughter who ploughed everyone's drive he was so tickled with the amount of snow we got. I used to leave him Guinness.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
Yes I caught the worst cold of my life visiting a charming unheated 15th century cottage near the sea for xmas once. Damp. And my neighbor in NJ during a different period was from Derby living with his daughter who ploughed everyone's drive he was so tickled with the amount of snow we got. I used to leave him Guinness.
Derby CT? (that's pronounced derby, for UK readers , not darby) Well that was on my way home from work in Trumbull. I lived further up the river in Oxford, high up on a cliff overlooking a bend in the Naugatuck. Shouldn't have left. really.

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Derby CT? (that's pronounced derby, for UK readers , not darby) Well that was on my way home from work in Trumbull. I lived further up the river in Oxford, high up on a cliff overlooking a bend in the Naugatuck. Shouldn't have left. really.
Nope. The real Derby. But that's a beautiful part of CT. Up near the Mass border. I think I've been thru Trumbull on my way norther.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Derby like the hat?
images (20).jpeg

Which is actually called a 'bowler' haha
Incidentally the most common hat worn in the wild west, and not the stetson which is usually portrayed :p

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Can telly please stop taunting us by sending "B" grade female celebs around the UK to remind us how beautiful it is, everywhere that we aren't allowed to go?

So far we've had Julia Bradbury, Joanna Lumley, Susan Calman and Darcey Bussell; next week it'll be Kate Humble getting a ****ing dig in.

Thank you.

maximus otter