• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Witch's Heart

A wizard did it?

Possibly...

I've been putting way too much thought into this today...sad :hahazebs:

Sadly, or perhaps happily, I don't know too much about what happens to the human body when it is consumed in a fire.

Is there a possibility the, ahem, juices could effectively boil to the point that the heart could be shot out through a gap in the ribcage and, due to lack of skin (having been burnt off), fly through the air and splat on the wall?

Maybe. But I still don't think so...

:sshot:

Possibly...

I've been putting way too much thought into this today...sad :hahazebs:

Sadly, or perhaps happily, I don't know too much about what happens to the human body when it is consumed in a fire.

Is there a possibility the, ahem, juices could effectively boil to the point that the heart could be shot out through a gap in the ribcage and, due to lack of skin (having been burnt off), fly through the air and splat on the wall?

Maybe. But I still don't think so...

:sshot:
The human body tends to contract when burnt rather than expand, tje classic 'pugalist' position is common in victims of a fire. On a slightly more macabre note, victims of staje burnings ofyen had bags of gunpowder hung around thier necks to make their death quicker, so it could have been her head that fired through the air and hit the building.

On a slightly more macabre note, victims of staje burnings ofyen had bags of gunpowder hung around thier necks to make their death quicker, so it could have been her head that fired through the air and hit the building.

the whole idea of it being a merciful gunpowder incident has shifted the whole thing for me!

The human body tends to contract when burnt rather than expand, tje classic 'pugalist' position is common in victims of a fire. On a slightly more macabre note, victims of staje burnings ofyen had bags of gunpowder hung around thier necks to make their death quicker, so it could have been her head that fired through the air and hit the building.

You sick, sick bxstard.

:chain:

Wasn't the 'merciful' thing to strangle the victim before the fire took hold?

And the whole 'story that probably isn't true to explain something that nobody understands' is the whole way childhood works, isn't it? As children we tell ourselves stories to help us understand things - most of these stories are so ridiculous that we are too embarrassed to go into them once we actually understand the circumstances/thing.

For example.. near to us when I was small, was a little recreational ground, that I heard as being called 'Plane Fields.' I 'invented' a whole story in my head about how, during the war, they used this stretch of space just outside the city to land planes on in an emergency. I could almost envisage Spitfires bumping down to earth (there were a lot of disused airfields about when I was young). It was actually quite disappointing to grow up and realise that the recreation ground was just called 'Playing Fields' and had no connection whatsoever to aircraft. I'd just misheard.

Back