• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The worlds scariest ghosts

painy2 said:
Dingo667 said:
Sorry for changing directions a little but I was just browsing ghost pictures and after more than 200 of "OMGds and WTFs" I saw this one and it gave me the long awaited heebies. Ok, simplest explanation is: Its a mask, held up by someone passing whilst they took the photo. Everyone denies it but that doesn't disprove it as a mask.
HOWEVER. It might not be a prank. If its not, what the heck is it? It's not a simulacra as the eyes, nose and eyebrow ridges are too facey [erm not the most scientific term but what the heck].
Yes it is translucent and it looks darn weird. I love it, whatever it is. Should be one of the most scary ghost pictures IMO.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostpho ... ask_lg.htm

I fail to see the translucent aspect of the "face" could you point it out to me?

I agree. It aint translucent at all.

So, it's either

a) A pack of lies.
b) A real ghost. BUT .... it's either the ghost of a monster (!!!!) or the ghost of someone wearing a monster mask, who happened to be hanging around awaiting a good group photo. Both, ideas are ridiculous, so, it's a.

imho of course. :roll:

Ok, I had difficulties seeing the translucency because I kept looking to the right top of the "mask", however it is the left bottom where a piece of white seems to belong to a paper that is stuck on the noticeboard.

However even if its a load of hogwash, I thought I'd post it because it was the only one out of 325 pictures that gave me a little shiver, regardless of it being fake or not.

The Mask pic dosn't really hold much of a case because It's Halloween and It's behind that guys cloak to see anymore.

If It's a real ghost then It's one with a sense of humour.

I don't understand this at all.

Are we supposed to be looking at the solid ghost of someone who is dressed up in a mask on halloween night posing in a scary fashion on halloween night in a mask that looks exactly like a mask because it has eyeholes in it...on halloween night?

It also has a distinctly human outstretched right hand (above the vampire's shoulder).

For me, the pitifully small skeleton, obviously of a mis-proportioned child, which has materialised in the yellow t-shirt guy's hand is far more frightening.

jimv1 said:
It also has a distinctly human outstretched right hand (above the vampire's shoulder).
That hand belongs to the frankenstein guy, his arm is around the blonde nurse with the fangs.

In my book, youd have to go a long way to find a less unnerving and less spooky photo than this, clearly a halloween joke. Im surprised anyone bothered even to fabricate the hundred words that accompany it.

Haven't looked at them all, (most are naff) but 252 in that series is spookier

Back