• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The World's Weirdest/Stupidest Conspiracy Theories?

lupinwick

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Or not. The list itself makes for some entertaining reading. No doubt of course the author has missed some.

# The driver shot JFK. (the late William Cooper)

# The Beatles were designed and sent to the U.S. by the British Psychological Warfare Division, to undermine the morals of American teenagers. (Lyndon LaRouche)

# Christ's Crucifixion was staged. (Hugh Schonfield) Christ eloped with Mary Magdalene, and one or both of them fled to France to raise their family. (Baigent/Leigh/Lincoln)

# Christ and his disciples were a magic-mushroom cult. (Dead Sea Scrolls scholar John Allegro)

# HIV/AIDS was created in a lab.

# HIV does not cause AIDS.

# Man never landed on the moon. It's not even possible. But there is an alien base there. (see Wikipedia; for an artful and very funny parody of how these theories can be patched together from unrelated material, watch the mockumentary Dark Side of the Moon)

# The Zapruder film is entirely fake, even though it contradicts the findings of the Warren Commission. (Jim Fetzer)

# Stephen King killed John Lennon. (Steve Lightfoot)

# WWII was staged. It never really happened. The Illuminati employed elaborate special effects, stage magic, and phony journalism to scare the world into pacifism. (Donald Holmes)

# Queen Elizabeth I was a man. The real Elizabeth died as a child.

# George H.W. Bush was really George Scherff Sr., a Nazi sent to destroy America as a teenager and adopted by Prescott Bush (Scherff was also an assistant to Nikola Tesla, and stole all Tesla's inventions after he was murdered by Otto Skorzeny and Reinhard Gehlen). Hitler was still alive in Montana in 1997, and Josef Mengele is keeping himself alive and youthful with a regimen of hormones and cannibalism. Oh, and Curious George was inspired by a young George Scherff Jr.; that's probably why Alan J. Shalleck was murdered by two men he met through a gay sex network one day before the movie premiered. (this information comes from a man named Eric Berman, who claims he heard it straight from his girlfriend's dad, Otto Skorzeny, in Florida during the late '90s. Skorzeny died in Madrid in 1975.)

# One promoter of the Scherff-Bush story adds that Josef Mengele was the real Zodiac, the Boston Strangler(s), and the anthrax letter mailer. (http://www.thebushconnection.com/)

# The 1939 War of the Worlds radio broadcoast was a psychological warfare study funded by C.D. Jackson on behalf of the Rockefeller Foundation, designed to find out how Americans would react to an enemy invasion. Funny... in a trailer for his mockumentary F is for Fake, Orson Welles did say the WoW broadcast had "secret sponsors". (Daniel Hopsicker)

# A really old one that just won't die: Jews drink the blood and eat the flesh of Gentile children during Passover. Some Catholics still revere the relics of Medieval child saints supposedly slaughtered and devoured by Jews.

# The doomed Franklin Expedition was sent to the Arctic not only to find the Northwest Passage, but to secretly investigate UFO sightings that had been reported since the 1700s. The men were captured, experimented upon, and eaten by giant aliens. (Jeffrey Blair Latta)

# Hitler and some associates escaped to the Arctic in a submarine, to live with super-advanced aliens who reside within the hollow earth. (This story originated with Edward Bulwer-Lytton's novel The Coming Race, was treated as fact by the pre-Nazi Vril Society, was bolstered by the forged "secret diary" of Admiral Byrd, and was adopted by the likes of Ernst Zundel)

# Denver International Airport was built expressly to conceal a vast underground complex, headquarters of the New World Order elite. Clues are hidden in the airport's peace-themed mural.

Source

Some interesting ideas though.

Stephen King killed John Lennon?! How does that work then?

Looked at the source

Shortly before he left office, Bill Clinton secretly signed into law the National Economic Security and Reformation Act (NESARA). This act would have completely restructured the U.S. government by - among other things - forgiving all personal credit card debt and mortgages, abolishing the IRS, restoring constitutional law, and somehow ensuring world peace - but the Supreme Court placed a gag order on it, and threatened death to any government official who breathed word of its existence. NESARA activists around the world are agitating to get the act announced and instituted

This just popped up again here at Collapse of US Economy Imminent

They don't seem to have the Royal Family being shapeshifting reptiles (David Icke and others) theory, or that the planes that hit the WTC twin towers were holograms and the towers were actually destroyed by a satellite-based "star wars"-type energy beam.

All good mad fun...

wheres
(insert war here) was faked by hollywood
THe moon doesn't actually exist
or my favourite
Goerge w bush is actually popular

When I first got on the internet my friend and I found some crazy UFO theories, with greys and orange lizards living under Colorado. It explained how the Mormons were a UFO cult and there were secret alien bases under Four Corners and Salt Lake City. The clincher was when it linked William Shatner to the whole thing. Mind you, this was the first few pages of a text file that was hundreds of pages long. I know a guy who believes a lot of this stuff, though he gets mad whenever I mention William Shatner.

You should mention that Gene Roddenberry (creator of Star Trek of course) is also part of the conspiracy. I'd not heard of the Shatner link before...

Is that the one connected with the Council of Nine and aliens from the planet Hoova? ("We oversee what you term the Universe.")

graylien said:
Is that the one connected with the Council of Nine and aliens from the planet Hoova? ("We oversee what you term the Universe.")

That's that's the one, I'm surprised the aliens from Hoova haven't upgraded to a Dyson Sphere...

The one about the 19 Arabs with box cutters that flew in circles around New York & Washington for an hour & a half or so thumbing their noses at America's air defenses has got to be the weirdest.Or maybe the one about the 757 that flew at 500 MPH just 20 feet directly over the top of cars on Washington Blvd & left the cars their occupants completely unharmed/ eardrums intact,the most unbelievable.

graylien said:

Oh, them. My friend and I used to talk about them when we were in high school. They lived under the White Mountains near Tucson, Arizona (where there is a large Air Force base, too).

My friend became a novelist.

:D

Any fans of the Illuminatus! Trilogy out there? I'm on my 17th reading....you want conspiracy, this one's got it....

Timble2 said:
graylien said:

That's that's the one, I'm surprised the aliens from Hoova haven't upgraded to a Dyson Sphere...

Ahhhh... WE are the Dysonsphere! ROFL

Planet Hoova? That place really sucks!

It behooves me to say that. :D

With all the Beatles-related conspiracy theories, they they forgot the Paul Is Dead "conspiracy"?

There seems to be a lot of Glasgow Celtic fans who think that every point dropped or bad result is the result of a Scotland wide anti-Celtic and catholicism conspiracy.

Oddly the fact that Celtic are a very successful team domestically doesn't seem to shake these beliefs.

Scunnerlugzz said:
There seems to be a lot of Glasgow Celtic fans who think that every point dropped or bad result is the result of a Scotland wide anti-Celtic and catholicism conspiracy.

Oddly the fact that Celtic are a very successful team domestically doesn't seem to shake these beliefs.

Please, please don't bring Old Firm related theories into it. The poor people here don't deserve this!

All they need to know is that the SFA meets in a darkened room in an orange lodge/ backroom in Rome and that the media gets together over tea and biscuits (if Penguins ones with green wrappers/blue wrappers will not be served) to discuss how to defame whichever side's fans.

Spare them! :cry:

Scunnerlugzz said:
..Oddly the fact that Celtic are a very successful team domestically doesn't seem to shake these beliefs.
Ah, but you see this ties in with the best conspiracies - the less evidence, the more convincing the argument that it's a conspiracy, as the evidence has been ruthlessly suppressed by them.

Celtic's apparent success is merely a smokescreen to lull them into a false sense of security - they're actually doing really, really badly.

stuneville said:
Celtic's apparent success is merely a smokescreen to lull them into a false sense of security - they're actually doing really, really badly.

Cue 'expert' noticing pattern: "if we simply turn the league table upside down and look at it from a different angle we see Celtic quite clearly at or near the bottom..."

..and Gordon Strachan is an anagram of "Sacra Nod Throng", which is pretty damning.

*Also "Canards Got Horn", but that's another matter..

Ah, perhaps the Old Firm deserve a whole conspiracy thread of their very own! :twisted:

I did laugh at one posters signature on a comments board - "Celtic, never fairly beaten since 1888"

Croke Park is the HQ and major stadium of the Gaelic Athletic Association. Up until last year foreign games such as soccer & rugby were not allowed to be played there. (Good Irish Games like American "Football" & Baseball were allowed.)

But then, Heaven fell and the GAA agreed to allow soccer & rugby to be played in Croke Park. Naturally this led to protests. One of the protesters wore a Celtic top and carried a placaed opposing foreign games in Croke Park!

One of the terraces in Croke Park, Hill 16, was built from the rubble of buildings destroyed in the 1916 Rebellion. Now the English rugby team were playing in Croke Park and I feared that the playing of God Save The Queen might cause Hill 16 to collapse. Apparently the GAA/IRFU also feared this as inexplicably, Hill 16 was allocated to the English Supporters.

But all went well, GSTQ was sung and Hill 16 remained intact.

stuneville said:
..and Gordon Strachan is an anagram of "Sacra Nod Throng", which is pretty damning.

*Also "Canards Got Horn", but that's another matter..

If you google sacra nod throng, first up is:

Auri Sacra Fames - The Secret Key and Other Verses - George Essex ...And Jehovah, the God of Wrath, who stayed the sun at His nod; ... For his altar is on the hearth and the rolling world is his throne! ...
http://whitewolf.newcastle.edu.au/words ... fames.html

Verily an eldritch conspiracy.

The conspiracy is even more fiendish then I dared imagine. Google canards got horn and first up (fnaaar) is:

THE SAD STORY OF A MILITARY CADET.; THE EASTERN COMPLICATIONS ...THE EASTERN COMPLICATIONS CANARDS IN ABUNDANCE A KNAVISH PUPIL IN THE FRENCH MILITARY ... he was always well dressed, ho constant , and horn vacations. ...
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.h ... 838D669FDE

I should have known those fiendish frogs would be involved. There always were those links between France and Scotland. Now we have uncovered a plot to put a Jacobite back on the throne.

We'll get knighthoods at least for this. FTMB will geet a Royal Charter. It will be HMFTMB.

The weirdest and most stupid? The idea that there is no conspiracies at all and that everything that doesn't 'add up' is merely the result of a cock-up.

The chances of this happening given that human beings are flawed and are often conniving greedy bastards make this very, very unlikely. There's too many closed doors and too much money to be made to suggest that there aren't conspiracy theories.

Is there a conspiracy version of 'Fermi's Paradox'?

What about the one saying the planes that hit the world trade center landed at some secret airport, and all the passengers got out. It was then remote controlled to fly into the buildings, which were also empty. And in those 6 years since, those thousands of people presumed dead have just been hiding somewhere.

Back