• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The World's Weirdest/Stupidest Conspiracy Theories?

Mister_Awesome said:
... It explained how the Mormons were a UFO cult and there were secret alien bases under Four Corners and Salt Lake City.

That I can believe.

Completely barking...ET corn gods

911 Implosions were acts of the ET UFO's

....The collective consensus of the "Truth Movement" supports the theory that the virtually perfect implosions of the three buildings had to be the result of Controlled Demolition, such as placed explosives in multiple locations of every floor of the three buildings.

But the "Controlled Demolition" theory makes no sense.

It is virtually impossible to conceive of members of the US government being able to secretly plan and execute such a Controlled Demolition of the three buildings. Even then, such perfect implosions which happened at "free fall" speeds are impossibe to explain from an engineering analysis standpoint.

The implosions happened as a result of ET/UFO intervention. ....

Wow that is truly bizarre!

"George R Simpson was assaulted in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands on March 18, '05. His wife was assaulted on September 13, 2005 -- the work "Crime" expressed in numbers is "3(c) 18(r) 9(i) 13(m) 5(e)" -- the exact dates of the two assaults.
The word "Roswell" converts to the word "UFO's Wow". "

WTF???

Three page article on conspiracy theories begins thus

Lies, damn lies and 'counterknowledge'
By Damian Thompson
Last Updated: 2:45am GMT 12/01/2008

Outright fiction is being peddled as historical and scientific fact, warns Damian Thompson in an extract from his provocative new book

George Bush planned the September 11 attacks. The MMR injection triggers autism in children. The ancient Greeks stole their ideas from Africa. "Creation science" disproves evolution. Homeopathy can defeat the Aids virus.

The fantasy that the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks has wormed its way into the mainstream

Do any of these theories sound familiar? Has someone bored you rigid at a dinner party by unveiling one of these "secrets"? If so, it is hardly surprising. In recent years, thousands of bizarre conjectures have been endorsed by leading publishers, taught in universities, plugged in newspapers, quoted by politicians and circulated in cyberspace.

This is counterknowledge: misinformation packaged to look like fact. We are facing a pandemic of credulous thinking. Ideas that once flourished only on the fringes are now taken seriously by educated people in the West, and are wreaking havoc in the developing world.

We live in an age in which the techniques for evaluating the truth of claims about science and history are more reliable than ever before. One of the legacies of the Enlightenment is a methodology based on painstaking measurement of the material world.

That legacy is now threatened. And one of the reasons for this, paradoxically, is that science has given us almost unlimited access to fake information.

Most of us have friends who are susceptible to conspiracy theories. You may know someone who thinks the Churches are suppressing the truth that Jesus and Mary Magdalene sired a dynasty of Merovingian kings; someone else who thinks Aids was cooked up in a CIA laboratory; someone else again who thinks MI5 killed Diana, Princess of Wales. Perhaps you know one person who believes all three.

Or do you half-believe one of these ideas yourself? We may assume that we are immune to conspiracy theories. In reality, we are more vulnerable than at any time for decades.

http://tinyurl.com/yp2x52

Of course, the people behind these conspiracies want you to think it's all misinformation..! 8)

rynner said:

http://tinyurl.com/yp2x52

Of course, the people behind these conspiracies want you to think it's all misinformation..! 8)
Well, it is the Daily Telegraph... Masters of the dodgy intelligence briefing and forged docs re. Iraq and the 'Food for Oil,' bribery scandal.

The usual method is to salt the real conspiracies in amongst the obviously out to lunch variety. Guilt by association. 8)

We live in an age in which the techniques for evaluating the truth of claims about science and history are more reliable than ever before. One of the legacies of the Enlightenment is a methodology based on painstaking measurement of the material world.

How quaint! :lol:

This, I just encountered on Reddit:

''Disney made "Frozen" so that when you Google "Disney frozen" you would get search results about the movie and not about Walt Disney supposedly being cryogenically frozen.''

Semi believable!

''Disney made "Frozen" so that when you Google "Disney frozen" you would get search results about the movie and not about Walt Disney supposedly being cryogenically frozen.''
I found a few years back that if you asked Google ANYTHING the search results would all include Disney's Frozen.

I found this. Stuck for where to put it but here seems right. This is cleverly observed, although there might be debate as to the fine details of what goes where.
1666168652926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any fans of the Illuminatus! Trilogy out there? I'm on my 17th reading....you want conspiracy, this one's got it....
Hasil Eris! By the way, are you a turtle?

'Finland doesn't exist' ? That's a new one on me.

This one seems to have originated as a joke on Reddit back in 2014.
Finland Does Not Exist refers to a joke conspiracy theory that the European nation Finland is a hoax created by the Japanese and the Russians to give the Japanese free reign to fish in the Baltic sea. ...

The origin of the hoax is a response to an AskReddit thread titled "What did your parents show you to do that you assumed was completely normal, only to later discover that it was not normal at all?" On December 27th, 2014, user Raregan replied, "My parents never believed in Finland, I grew up to never believe in Finland until I researched it further. It's a pretty heated topic in my family." ...
FULL STORY: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/finland-does-not-exist

See Also:
This Dude Accidentally Convinced the Internet That Finland Doesn't Exist
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xyd...vinced-the-internet-that-finland-doesnt-exist

Why is Denver International airport on there?

It ran massively over budget and there is speculation that there's a massive structure and/or tunnels underneath, potentially to be used by the 'elites' in the event of Armageddon or whatever.

Then there are the murals and statues, which are admittedly... strange. For example:
Screenshot_20221019-213614_Samsung Internet.jpg

I seem to recall that the airport has, over time, almost embraced the conspiracy theories and made a joke of it themselves.

It ran massively over budget and there is speculation that there's a massive structure and/or tunnels underneath, potentially to be used by the 'elites' in the event of Armageddon or whatever.
Then there are the murals and statues, which are admittedly... strange. ...

The Denver airport weirdness is mentioned in various places around the forum. The sole thread dedicated to the place and its oddities and alleged connections is:

Denver International Airport (Weird Features; Conspiracy Claims)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...irport-weird-features-conspiracy-claims.1204/

Back