• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Yowie

The lesson from the story is : When driving through Yowie country, install a dashcam.

Imagine how much clear, unfaked footage of a Yowie would be worth.

The lesson from the story is : When driving through Yowie country, install a dashcam.

Imagine how much clear, unfaked footage of a Yowie would be worth.

Wouldn't help (as things stand).

There's already dashcam footage of bigfoots. But it's often still unclear what is really being observed. Bear, bigfoot, or man in suit? Who can be sure?

Same issue with trailcam footage.

We need much higher resolution dashcams with much better low light capability.

Last edited:
Sure, that'll help.

I detect cynicism. ;)

But seriously, it surely would help. More is always better when it comes to resolution and low light capability in cameras.

And if the result is to show more bears or men in suits, then that is for me a desirable outcome in that those are valid answers.

Worth adding here that the people with the most Denisovan DNA are found in New Guinea and Australia:

Did the Denisovans Cross Wallace's Line?

https://booksc.xyz/book/28824307/382c4f

Untitled.png

This is not Yowie hair. The sample clearly came from Lebfoot:
Lebfoot.jpg

They make perfect sense as real flesh and blood creatures and the evolutionary precedent is there for them. Orang-pendek is the most likley of them all.

The latest "Believe" podcast discusses just that - if the Yowie is a flesh and blood creature or not. They interview "Ron" - who claims to have a whole bunch of very interesting encounters. Worth your 30 minutes of time if you are interested.

https://ccradio.com.au/bufo9/

They make perfect sense as real flesh and blood creatures and the evolutionary precedent is there for them. Orang-pendek is the most likley of them all.

On the other hand, they seem to have some "superpowers" too. One key giveaway is the impending sense of dread that many people say they experience. That is a clue to the use of infrasound INFRASOUND ARTICLE LINK. Then there is the amazing ability the creatures have to hide in next to plain sight, despite their large size. In one of the past posts you made lordmongrove there was a mention of bird calls being made as signals, but in Bigfoot cases, this has gone as far as mimicking busy roads and even passing freight trains. Then there is the issue of electromagnetic interference with various electronic recording items. Some say the interference happens around "dimensional gates".

Clearly if they were just large apes, they would have been found by now. I mean, if we can detect bodies buried in bushland, where are the Yowie bodies? Do they eat them, bones and all? Or are these large hairy people merely an archetypal projection? Or are they a species of faerie (assuming a faerie is not an archetypal projection)? They do seem to be fabulously good at hiding.

I can understand the theory about they being "interdimensional beings", since they are so hard to catch, but personally I think they're flesh and blood. If a military division of several thousand soldiers entered a big forest from all sides, would they capture a yeti/bigfoot/yowie? Possibly.

They mostly have reddish or dark hair that blends in well with vegitation. That's why orang-utans have red hair and gorillas and chimps are black. They have evolved an extreme avoidance method of dealing with humans. This has developed over hundreds of thousands of years. Rather than being just apes some of these may be hominins possibly off shoots of Homo habilis or Homo erectus. They inhabit remote areas and are more active at night. Unlike gorillas and chimps they do not move in large troops.

The Yowie phenomena is fascinating - mostly culturally. There is no evidence to support a new ape in Australia, the descriptions are inconsistent for one animal. But, it's a thing. People sure like the idea of it.

It seems obvious that the reason why cryptids like Yowies and Bigfoot have accumulated a supernatural reputation is that they don't fit into the natural system. Proponents have tried but they are just too weird. They don't match up with normal zoology, wildlife biology, ecology, or evolutionary records. So extreme explanations must be invoked to make some sense out of experiences (they must be smarter than people, able to disappear - figuratively or literally such as into an inter-dimensional portal, they travel via UFOs, they communicate psychically, etc.) If we assume that this supernatural stuff might be explained by knowledge we can gain in the future, that's pretty cool. But for now, who knows what's going on.

I can understand the theory about they being "interdimensional beings", since they are so hard to catch, but personally I think they're flesh and blood. If a military division of several thousand soldiers entered a big forest from all sides, would they capture a yeti/bigfoot/yowie? Possibly.

I recall from my reading on Australian history that the British forces in Tasmania attempted to capture the Tasmanian aboriginies by forming a "beaters line" that across the whole island and only managed to catch a decrepit old man and a little boy who wanted to know what the fuss was all about. That is a lot harder to organize when most people think bigfoot and yowies are a myth.

I recall from my reading on Australian history that the British forces in Tasmania attempted to capture the Tasmanian aboriginies by forming a "beaters line" that across the whole island and only managed to catch a decrepit old man and a little boy who wanted to know what the fuss was all about. That is a lot harder to organize when most people think bigfoot and yowies are a myth.
I heard the same thing when I was visiting Saipan, US forces in WW2 lined up to look for a Japanese soldier that had survived the American taking of the island and was still killing US soldiers. They didn't find the Japanese soldier and the killings continued for some time.

The Yowie phenomena is fascinating - mostly culturally. There is no evidence to support a new ape in Australia, the descriptions are inconsistent for one animal. But, it's a thing. People sure like the idea of it.

It seems obvious that the reason why cryptids like Yowies and Bigfoot have accumulated a supernatural reputation is that they don't fit into the natural system. Proponents have tried but they are just too weird. They don't match up with normal zoology, wildlife biology, ecology, or evolutionary records. So extreme explanations must be invoked to make some sense out of experiences (they must be smarter than people, able to disappear - figuratively or literally such as into an inter-dimensional portal, they travel via UFOs, they communicate psychically, etc.) If we assume that this supernatural stuff might be explained by knowledge we can gain in the future, that's pretty cool. But for now, who knows what's going on.
How much experience have you had studying or keeping great apes? I've had stacks and these things fit in just fine. They make sense as real animals in their environments. Orang-pendek for example, the one i have searched for the most, seems to be a terrestrial, upright species of orang-utan.

How much experience have you had studying or keeping great apes? I've had stacks and these things fit in just fine. They make sense as real animals in their environments. Orang-pendek for example, the one i have searched for the most, seems to be a terrestrial, upright species of orang-utan.
I still don't get how they can be such experts at hiding. Is there evidence of other primates exhibiting similar astounding abilities at sneaking about? I know it took a long time for science to track down gorillas, but their existence is now unequivocal. Also, if Yowies etc. are such amazing mimics, is it possible that they can speak?

Back