• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

I also wonder what effect the evacuation of children had on the children. While it was intended to safeguard them they were actually taken away from their families at a time of peril and sometimes billeted on people who didn’t treat them that well.

How did that affect them when they became parents?
Good question - especially after they lost their own parents, which both of mine did, must have been devastating for them.
One would think that people who grew up in such a disturbing way would be good parents, and would be wonderful to their own children and want them to feel happy and safe.
Now I think that perhaps some of them just didn't know how to be parents and couldn't handle it. Think that's why there are so many runaway children, they are looking for a different family.

My mum told me in my late 20s and regretted it but I'm glad she did. Before secondary school I apparently saw a psychologist. She was told that my intelligence was above average but my social skills were borderline 'learning difficulties ' but that going to an ordinary school would help bring me on.

I had a lonely and difficult childhood as a result. I suffered a lot of public humiliation. Looking back I realise that I could not link a spoken word or action to its consequence. Hence I was set up and fell for it e every time whilst people laughed at me.

My mum and dad were caring and loving but how would they know how to cope in the 1970s? Perhaps a certain level of autism may have been diagnosed but its not important now.

I don't want any sympathy for saying this, but it does feel good to do so anonymously. And now I feel that I have a strong sense of empathy and compassion for those in a poorer position to myself.

A Florida vegan mother has been convicted of murder in the starvation death of her infant son and other charges relating to the malnourishment of two other children. The father is awaiting trial on the same charges.
Vegan mom gets life in prison for starvation death of son

A vegan woman convicted of murder in the malnutrition death of her young son was sentenced Monday to life in prison.

Sheila O’Leary, 38, whose family followed a strict vegan diet, was convicted in June on six charges — first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter, child abuse and two counts of child neglect — in the death of Ezra O’Leary. Her sentencing in Lee County, Florida, had previously been postponed four times.

Her husband, Ryan Patrick O’Leary, remains in jail while awaiting trial on the same charges. Investigators said the couple told them the family ate only raw fruits and vegetables, although the toddler also was fed breast milk. The 18-month-old boy weighed 17 pounds (8 kilograms) and was the size of a 7-month-old baby when he died in September 2019 ...

The Cape Coral couple had two other children, ages 3 and 5, who also were malnourished .... A fourth child had been returned to her biological father during an earlier malnutrition case in Virginia ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/health-crime-florida-sentencing-cb79b4b47da608f42c6f8f7a94396e5b

You are always picking on the Floridians!

Nonsense ... Floridians widely and willingly self-select themselves for treatment as objects of jaw-dropped incredulity and ridicule. They are crowd-sourcing weirdness in a consistent and state-wide manner that insinuates it's all part of some perverse campaign to attract interest and visitors.
:evillaugh:

Nonsense ... Floridians widely and willingly self-select themselves for treatment as objects of jaw-dropped incredulity and ridicule. They are crowd-sourcing weirdness in a consistent and state-wide manner that insinuates it's all part of some perverse campaign to attract interest and visitors.
Some are born Floridians, others work to achieve Floridiana, and others have Floridiana thrust upon them.
.... I spent a few years on the Panhandle for work. What an odd place.

Back to Kevin... when my eldest son was born in the late 80's, I met a lady who was pregnant at the same time as me and we became friendly. I met her again after her son was born and asked what she'd named him.
'Kevin;.
I looked down on this newborn baby and thought calling a tiny baby 'Kevin' bordered on insanity. It's not really a 'small baby' name, is it?

All the other boys being born around then were Thomas and Nathan. Yet I never seem to meet an adult Nathan these days...

It's the intense heat and humidity! :)

My mum told me in my late 20s and regretted it but I'm glad she did. Before secondary school I apparently saw a psychologist. She was told that my intelligence was above average but my social skills were borderline 'learning difficulties ' but that going to an ordinary school would help bring me on.

I had a lonely and difficult childhood as a result. I suffered a lot of public humiliation. Looking back I realise that I could not link a spoken word or action to its consequence. Hence I was set up and fell for it e every time whilst people laughed at me.

My mum and dad were caring and loving but how would they know how to cope in the 1970s? Perhaps a certain level of autism may have been diagnosed but its not important now.

I don't want any sympathy for saying this, but it does feel good to do so anonymously. And now I feel that I have a strong sense of empathy and compassion for those in a poorer position to myself.
A good friend of mine was horrendously abused by her stepmother as a child - but she ended up being the most compassionate person I know. And I think it's because of her dreadful childhood.

Mommy.jpg

I suspect this Maryland man's "juvenile daughter" will carry some psychic scars after her daddy torched the family home with her inside it.
Dorchester Co. man facing attempted murder charges following arson

A Dorchester County man has been arrested after officials say he intentionally set his own home on fire.

Just before 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Deputy State Fire Marshals and the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office responded to ... a reported house fire. It took firefighters ... 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

Further investigation by the Office of the State Fire Marshal revealed that the fire was intentionally set in multiple locations throughout the home. Damages to the home have been estimated at $100,000.

38-year-old Larry Herd Jr reportedly confessed to investigators that he intentionally set the home on fire because of maintenance problems he has been dealing with. Also in the home at the time of the fire was Herd’s juvenile daughter.

A brief struggle reportedly ensued between Herd, Deputy State Fire Marshals, and a Dorchester County Sheriff’s Deputy before he was eventually taken into custody. Herd has been charged with attempted first and second degree murder, first and second degree arson, reckless endangerment, and resisting arrest. ...

If convicted of all charges, Herd faces a maximum penalty of life in prison for the attempted first degree murder charged and 98 years imprisonment and/or $90,000 in fines for the remaining charges. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.wmdt.com/2022/09/dorchester-co-man-facing-attempted-murder-charges-following-arson/

Mother Busted For Series Of Vile Snapchat Vids

In a series of vile Snapchat videos, a 26-year-old mother of two recorded herself engaging in sexual activity with her three-year-old son and, while breastfeeding her younger child, filmed the family dog licking her private parts, according to Florida court records.

nataliewagner300.jpg

Natalie Wagner, 26, is facing scores of felony counts in connection with 15 separate videos that investigators received last month from Snapchat following the issuance of a subpoena. Wagner, seen at right, is being held in the St. Lucie County jail in lieu of $1.2 million bond.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/snapchat-shock-589320

maximus otter

Today's French Quora features a list of the most ridiculous babies' names in la belle France.
Can picture now how a mum calling her twin daughters over with the names Euthanasia and Clitorine might provoke a few gasps!
The comment adjacent to Gandalf suggests that, when he grows up, he would be perfect as a night club bouncer with his catch phrase "You shall not pass!".

Boghosse
Jetaime
Kissmy
Jésunette
Allowin
Winner
Alkapone
Jiscadestin
Merdive
Lola-Poupoune
Euthanasia
Benjapaul
Jenifael
Gabryélène
Chachaille
Jafar
Blocus
Perle-Etoile
Gandalf (il manquerait plus qu'il fasse videur dans une boite de nuit : "vous ne passerez PAS !!"
Zac-Harry
Ritz
Clitorine
Hutérin
Jean-Clode
Retcharles
Drogo
Bruce-Lee
Léo-Mignon
King-Love
Jean-Damour

Mother Busted For Series Of Vile Snapchat Vids

In a series of vile Snapchat videos, a 26-year-old mother of two recorded herself engaging in sexual activity with her three-year-old son and, while breastfeeding her younger child, filmed the family dog licking her private parts, according to Florida court records.

nataliewagner300.jpg

Natalie Wagner, 26, is facing scores of felony counts in connection with 15 separate videos that investigators received last month from Snapchat following the issuance of a subpoena. Wagner, seen at right, is being held in the St. Lucie County jail in lieu of $1.2 million bond.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/snapchat-shock-589320

maximus otter
Just another Florida story.

Today's French Quora features a list of the most ridiculous babies' names in la belle France.
Can picture now how a mum calling her twin daughters over with the names Euthanasia and Clitorine might provoke a few gasps!
The comment adjacent to Gandalf suggests that, when he grows up, he would be perfect as a night club bouncer with his catch phrase "You shall not pass!".

Boghosse
Jetaime
Kissmy
Jésunette
Allowin
Winner
Alkapone
Jiscadestin
Merdive
Lola-Poupoune
Euthanasia
Benjapaul
Jenifael
Gabryélène
Chachaille
Jafar
Blocus
Perle-Etoile
Gandalf (il manquerait plus qu'il fasse videur dans une boite de nuit : "vous ne passerez PAS !!"
Zac-Harry
Ritz
Clitorine
Hutérin
Jean-Clode
Retcharles
Drogo
Bruce-Lee
Léo-Mignon
King-Love
Jean-Damour
A well spoken old friend of mine deliberately named a cat 'Clitorania' so she could stand in the back garden and loudly shout "Here clitty clitty..." :)

Boghosse
Jetaime
Kissmy
Jésunette
Allowin
Winner
Alkapone
Jiscadestin
Merdive
Lola-Poupoune
Euthanasia
Benjapaul
Jenifael
Gabryélène
Chachaille
Jafar
Blocus
Perle-Etoile
Zac-Harry
Ritz
Clitorine
Hutérin
Jean-Clode
Retcharles
Drogo
Bruce-Lee
Léo-Mignon
King-Love
Jean-Damour
I wonder how many of these have been used by either those who cannot read or write (and have therefore just 'heard' a name and spelled it phonetically - 'Jean-Clode' for example, is a ringer for Jean-Claude, a perfectly respectable name) or are not speakers of French as a first language and have heard a name and made a stab at it.

I remember being in France when 'Elodie' was 'the name of choice', it's now much used over here too.

I wonder how many of these have been used by either those who cannot read or write (and have therefore just 'heard' a name and spelled it phonetically - 'Jean-Clode' for example, is a ringer for Jean-Claude, a perfectly respectable name) or are not speakers of French as a first language and have heard a name and made a stab at it.

I remember being in France when 'Elodie' was 'the name of choice', it's now much used over here too.

Elodie is my daughter's second name. Three decades ago, it was quite unusual.
My wife wanted it as the first name, but I persuaded her otherwise.
With our son, it was the other way around. My wife got her first choice and the name I wanted ended up as his second name.
The names they are known by are both reasonably conventional. To do otherwise is cruel I believe!

Some parents do make their kids' lives difficult with their choice of names, but all too often the real problem is the reaction of society at large, especially the children's peers.

I understand why Ebenezer or Adolf may not be the best choice for a name today (although I respect those who bravely try to reverse the stigma) but why in God's name should someone named Karen be associated with meddlesome idiots with an inflated sense of entitlement? And where did that association come from?

Back in the 1970s, when homosexuality was far from being universally accepted in the U.S., the name Bruce - once considered quite masculine - was deeply connected with effeminate stereotypes of gay men. So pervasive was this connection that Bruce Banner's name was changed for the Incredible Hulk TV series, and at least one TV network (NBC) banned gay-themed jokes that used the name. I can only imagine the pain suffered by children named Bruce - especially gay children - at the hands of their peers.

I looked down on this newborn baby and thought calling a tiny baby 'Kevin' bordered on insanity. It's not really a 'small baby' name, is it?
Actually, I always thought the opposite issue was the real problem. Parents often go out of their way to give babies cute cuddly names: Candi, Sweetie, Buddy, Sonny, Kitten, Giggles, Tater, Twinkle.* My thought: they're going to be adults someday!

*Your opinion of adult suitability may vary.

I remember someone supposedly doing a survey of very young kids many years ago where they asked them what would be good girl’s names.

It was based on the sounds of the words as the kids were only three or four and didn’t know the meanings of the words, but the top choices were Chlorine and Diarrhoea.

Could be another urban legend though, I keep falling for them.:doh:

I thought that until relatively recently, French parents had to choose from a list of approved names. Is that right?

I thought that until relatively recently, French parents had to choose from a list of approved names. Is that right?
I have heard Roman Catholics are still limited to saint's names.

I think my sons Mary and Abigail and daughters Andrew and Christopher will agree.
Yes, I understand the point you are making.

However.

Having been something of a white crow at school (for other reasons than my name) one really doesn't want to give one's child an outrageous name, however independent one might feel. It would be marvelous if such things no longer mattered but from what my granddaughters say it is worse than ever.

I have heard Roman Catholics are still limited to saint's names.
At least in the US, this is not true for RC's and was not true since at least the 1920s. Maybe some isolated batshit crazy priest somewhere. I think a priest would refuse to baptize a child with the name Lucifer or Cuntface.

Yes, I understand the point you are making.

However.

Having been something of a white crow at school (for other reasons than my name) one really doesn't want to give one's child an outrageous name, however independent one might feel. It would be marvelous if such things no longer mattered but from what my granddaughters say it is worse than ever.
I think Johnny Cash sung a marvellous example of giving kids the right type of name?

Back