They Messed With The WRONG Person(s)

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I think nowadays
A Google Earth search indicates that “Peel Lane, Little Hulton” still exists. Perhaps there should be a blue plaque:

“Here a gobshite got a well-deserved shoeing off a fit lass. Traveller: Keep your ill-bred shite to yourself, lest you want to wake up with screens round you.”

The National Trust

maximus otter
maybe you should petition them for one or start a crowd funding appeal :)

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I've just seen this. I can't comment on its veracity, but - if true - I love it:

Capture.png

maximus otter

That's Scargy, she's not as young as she looks ye know.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Note to Self: Never try to rob someone pumping gasoline into their car. He / she may have the deadlier weapon.
Watch Robbers Attempt To Rob A Guy Pumping Gas And I Bet You Know How Well That Went
Jason Torchinsky
Friday 7:00PM

I feel like this is the sort of thing any semi-competent robbing team/club/troupe should have been able to see coming. If you’re going to pull up in a van to try and roll some dude pumping gas, you really should realize that your mark will be holding a weapon capable of spraying a noxious, dangerous, highly flammable liquid all over you. This realization did not occur to some Chilean robbers, who learned it the hard way. ...

I like that he made sure to get the inside of that van nice and gas-soaked while the now highly flammable robbers scrambled to get the hell out of there. ...
FULL STORY (With Video): https://jalopnik.com/watch-robbers-attempt-to-rob-a-guy-pumping-gas-and-i-be-1846801215

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
An Italian jewellery shop owner shot dead 2 and wounded a third would be robber.

Two people have been killed following a raid on a jewellery shop in Italy, according to local media.

The owner reportedly opened fire after three armed thieves broke into his shop in the village of Grinzane Cavour, in the Piedmont region, on Wednesday.

Two died in the street, while a third suspect was wounded in the leg and later arrested.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56927009

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Of all the "wrong persons" one could proactively anger, I'm guessing an MMA heavyweight fighter ranks at or near the top of the list.
A Would-Be Car Thief In Houston Tried Breaking Into A UFC Heavyweight's Car And Was Promptly Knocked Out

A man in Houston, Texas, was taken into custody on Tuesday after a failed attempt to break into and/or steal a Ford Transit, but not before the owner of the van, MMA heavyweight, Derrick Lewis, saw the thief and laid him out, per MMA Junkie.

The whole fiasco was a one-two punch for this thwarted thief, starting with having been caught by one of the sport’s KO record holders and culminating in his arrest.

In a now deleted Instagram post, Derrick Lewis mentioned the break-in attempt and more or less said he’d handled the thief before the police arrived. Lewis made sure to note that the thief was in fact OK after the scuffle. Lewis’s Ford Transit wasn’t OK, though, having sustained some damage from the failed break-in attempt. ...
FULL STORY: https://jalopnik.com/a-would-be-car-thief-in-houston-tried-breaking-into-a-u-1846921812

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I was reminded of an incident, listening to a 'match of the day' pod cast, where a burglar broke into one of footballs hardest most fearsome players home, whilst he was there.

"Alan Shearer has recalled the moment former Newcastle United strike partner Duncan Ferguson caught a burglar inside his own home and 'kept hold of him until the police came'.

Ferguson was targeted by raiders at two separate addresses during his second spell at Everton and the 6ft 4in Scot confronted the burglars on both occasions"

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...wcastle-alan-shearer-duncan-ferguson-20301905

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
I recall a pub in South Norwood where I'd have a pint or three.
One weekday afternoon, there were only four or five patrons in, apart from me, and all was quiet. Bloke comes bowling in, apparently drunk (or terminally stupid), demanded service. Barman politely told him to sod off. Oik got lippy, picked up - then dropped - a bar stool and said (I paraphrase) "F**king serve me or I'll smash up this sh*thole! I've just come out of the nick for violence so I'm not scared!"
The barman started giggling and the other patrons stood up from their seats. One flashed his warrant card and clearly said "Get out, son, while you can. We're all coppers." Guy took the hint and almost (not quite to preserve his self-respect) ran out of the door.
He had tried doing this in the nearest pub from where he must've been let out - a pub directly opposite a damn police station. :)

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
One weekday afternoon, there were only four or five patrons in, apart from me, and all was quiet. Bloke comes bowling in, apparently drunk (or terminally stupid), demanded service. Barman politely told him to sod off. Oik got lippy, picked up - then dropped - a bar stool and said (I paraphrase) "F**king serve me or I'll smash up this sh*thole! I've just come out of the nick for violence so I'm not scared!"
The barman started giggling and the other patrons stood up from their seats. One flashed his warrant card and clearly said "Get out, son, while you can. We're all coppers." Guy took the hint and almost (not quite to preserve his self-respect) ran out of the door.
He had tried doing this in the nearest pub from where he must've been let out - a pub directly opposite a damn police station. :)
I think I know the one. Just up from the railway station. I remember the guy who parked his tank outside the police station for months. It had a model pig on it or a marlin or something. I lived there for a few years.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I worked at the courts. A bloke on bail for car theft was up for breaking his conditions, one of which was to stay out of the county where he'd been offending.

He'd promised his wife he'd behave and had taken her and the family out for a meal to a pub which, he didn't realise at the time, was just over the county border. Several off-duty police officers were present and he was recognised, dobbed in halfway through his steak and chips and carted off.

The next morning the Bench kindly released him on condition he went straight to Smiths and bought a local A-Z. ;)

His very nice wife was waiting for him on the concourse. She said 'We can't show our faces in there again! And I had some BOGOF coupons too. Would you like them?'

I glanced around, murmured my thanks and slid the coupons into the pocket of my gown.

At the weekend Techy and my mate and her fiance and I enjoyed a BOGOF dinner at the Plough, just inside the county border.

It was funnier because Fiance (now Husband) is a policeman in the next county.
He always has an eye open for bail-jumpers and loved the A-Z story. :chuckle:

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Canadian cyclist fights off two would-be bike thieves – I suspect given that one of them dropped a half bottle of whisky they weren't totally compos mentis. It also helped that the cyclist was wearing a helmet, as one of them tried to punch the cyclist in the head.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Canadian cyclist fights off two would-be bike thieves – I suspect given that one of them dropped a half bottle of whisky they weren't totally compos mentis. It also helped that the cyclist was wearing a helmet, as one of them tried to punch the cyclist in the head.

Well done! :cool:

I'd KILL'em! :chuckle:

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Well done! :cool:

I'd KILL'em! :chuckle:
I had a bike stolen years ago. One I'd had for years including riding 3000 miles in three months in four continents - taking in South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, the USA and Mexico (one day in Tijuana!). I was very annoyed but I thought I'd be heartbroken, but it's still only a bike and I have the memories.

That said, if I ever see somebody riding it, I swear I'll kick them from here to kingdom come and back again!

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I had a bike stolen years ago. One I'd had for years including riding 3000 miles in three months in four continents - taking in South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, the USA and Mexico (one day in Tijuana!). I was very annoyed but I thought I'd be heartbroken, but it's still only a bike and I have the memories.

That said, if I ever see somebody riding it, I swear I'll kick them from here to kingdom come and back again!
Ive had at least 5 bikes stolen over the years

CALGACUS03

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
In the late 90s I was a regular in a pub in Pimlico (London) called 'The Pride of Pimlico'. It was then owned by two Irish couples, but it was the ladies out of the four of them that really held sway over it; the delightful Rita and Mary - who were sisters. The pub had the most liberal interpretation of the licensing laws that it has ever been my pleasure to encounter, and yet there was never any trouble from the police over it! (the lock-ins were a joy :beer:)

Anyway, one night they decided to hold a 'Race Night' and, for whatever reason, applied for a late license*. One of the requirements for being granted the license was that they employ a professional doorman - which they duly did.

About half-past eleven, with the doors closed to all but those with tickets, the doorman came inside, looking very ashen and said: "There's a bloke outside who's demanding to be let in - and he's got a knife!".

At this about a dozen of the regulars, without a word, leapt off their barstools and rushed to the door (literally getting jammed in the doorway for a couple of seconds), burst outside, and took off after the guy who, having sized up his odds, had made a break for it towards the tube station.

These guys returned about four minutes later, all looking very pleased with themselves, having caught the knife-owner and "given him a good going over".

I don't normally advocate violence, but...

* On a little reflection it was possibly because a Race Night would constitute gambling, and so a license would be required?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Don't mess with the Walmart staff, they have a cracking punch as well as good customer service skills.

A warning that this video contains violence:

"DETAIL!" .. LOL .. good woman ..

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
New Zealand grannies fight off punks who tried to steal the money from their weekly game night.
Group of hero Gisborne grannies fight off bingo thieves: 'Don't mess with us'

A group of Gisborne "hero nannies" sprang into action, wielding chairs, handbags and kicking over tables, to fight off two wannabe thieves who tried to rob them of $700 during their bingo night. ...

The Herald spoke to the 67-year-old "hero nanny" who inspired the defence of her and her friends' $700 prize pouch, after she flipped over her table in front of one fleeing thief.

"I'm playing and I'm thinking who's this idiot running past me and I thought 'oh hey he's grabbing the money'.

"The lady running the Housie, she's trying to fight him to get the money back and he turned around to run back to the door and I thought to myself 'bugger this'.

"That's when I bloody shoved the table I was sitting at right in front of him and he flipped over. ...

"He fell down on the ground. A couple of the nannies on the other side were hitting him with their bags. It wasn't until he ran off and the pouch of money was still there." ...

Elaine Lamont was dealing the Housie cards on Friday night and said the two young thieves weren't armed. ...

Lamont said once the running thief was stripped of the prize pouch, the other nannies began throwing plastic chairs at the second man in the doorway.

"So he had plastic chairs thrown at him so no one was going to let him get away with taking our Housie money," Lamont said. ...

Lamont also offered a stern message to the wannabe thieves. ...

"You are pretty gutless if you have to rob a bunch of old ladies on their one night out. We kept what we had and no one was hurt so don't mess with us."
FULL STORY: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/group...dont-mess-with-us/FJPGCWOTLZ6CCTSZ6QXOMJXG2I/

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
A Lone Star loon decided to resolve an argument at a party with a gun. In the end the partygoers chased him down and eventually beat him to death with one or more bricks.
Suspected Texas gunman beaten to death with brick after opening fire at party, police say

A gunman who killed one person and shot at least two others following an argument at a party in Fort Worth, Texas was beaten to death with a brick, authorities said Monday.

The violence began just before 1 a.m. at the 5600 block of Shiloh Drive when a partygoer became upset and left. That same man – who was not identified – later came back with someone else and got into an argument with multiple people. During the altercation he shot one person, the Fort Worth Police Department said. ...

After the shooting, the attendees at the gathering began chasing the gunman, who opened fire. At least one of the people in pursuit picked a concrete landscaping brick and started "throwing them," police said. ...

At some point during the foot chase, the shooter either fell or was taken down to the ground and wounded two more victims, police said.

One was pronounced dead. The other two shooting victims sustained non-life threatening injuries. ...

The shooter was hit multiple times with at least one brick and died at the scene, police said. Police recovered a handgun believed to be the one used in the shooting. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspected-texas-gunman-beaten-death-brick

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
A punk tries to rob a Russian sex shop using a small knife. The saleswoman bashes him with an 18-inch double-ended dildo and chases him away using her improvised baton. There's video footage, but authorities haven't confirmed the incident was a real robbery.
'Armed robber' is beaten up with a sex toy: Cashier grabs 18-inch 'weapon' and bashes knife-wielding 'thief' at Russian sex shop

CCTV shows a sex shop saleswoman chasing an 'armed robber' with a large dildo
Incident reportedly occurred in Novokuznetsk, Kemerovo Oblast, on July 24
Footage is unconfirmed to be real and police haven't confirmed investigation
Saleswoman was working late when 'masked thief' entered and brandished knife
She can be seen chasing him off with a large double-ended dildo ...
FULL STORY (With Pics & Video): https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9830589/Armed-robber-beaten-sex-toy-Russian-sex-shop.html

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Reaction score