They Messed With The WRONG Person(s)

Herr Cloaca

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
One-armed shop worker hurls suspected Jaffa Cake thief out of shop

A suspected thief was thrown out of a Poundland in Sheffield with his trousers down and then karate-kicked by a one-armed shop worker.
Footage showed the man in a grey tracksuit sprawled out on the floor after being accused of stealing Jaffa Cakes.
The shop worker pushed him to the ground with such force that his trousers came down, revealing his bum to customers.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/27/shef...m-floors-suspected-jaffa-cake-thief-15163205/
https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crim...shoplifter-to-ground-with-karate-kick-3362048

michael59

Justified & Incandecent
Reaction score
One-armed shop worker hurls suspected Jaffa Cake thief out of shop

A suspected thief was thrown out of a Poundland in Sheffield with his trousers down and then karate-kicked by a one-armed shop worker.
Footage showed the man in a grey tracksuit sprawled out on the floor after being accused of stealing Jaffa Cakes.
The shop worker pushed him to the ground with such force that his trousers came down, revealing his bum to customers.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/27/shef...m-floors-suspected-jaffa-cake-thief-15163205/
https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crim...shoplifter-to-ground-with-karate-kick-3362048

I'll be very surprised if the shop worker doesn't get in big trouble over kicking a person like that. :popc:

michael59

Justified & Incandecent
Reaction score
Average day in poundland in Sheffield I'd guess :p

A friend of mine was having trouble with some teenagers constantly ripping up/kicking over his walkway lanterns that he had leading up to his front door. On his day off, he sat in wait in the garage hoping to catch them red handed.

He ran out to catch them but they were too quick. He did manage to grab one kid by the hood of his hoodie then it slipped out of his hands so he gave the kid a swift kick on the behind as he ran.

My friend ended up with 3 months house arrest when the parents of the kid took him to court.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
A friend of mine was having trouble with some teenagers constantly ripping up/kicking over his walkway lanterns that he had leading up to his front door. On his day off, he sat in wait in the garage hoping to catch them red handed.

He ran out to catch them but they were too quick. He did manage to grab one kid by the hood of his hoodie then it slipped out of his hands so he gave the kid a swift kick on the behind as he ran.

My friend ended up with 3 months house arrest when the parents of the kid took him to court.
Should have denied everything. Their word against his no absolute proof without evidence. In court the 'victim would have to explain the reason why he was kicked up the arse, I doubt they would do that.

michael59

Justified & Incandecent
Reaction score
Should have denied everything. Their word against his no absolute proof without evidence. In court the 'victim would have to explain the reason why he was kicked up the arse, I doubt they would do that.

The kids friends were witnesses.

He told the judge about the lanterns and the judge said the teen was running away, so he had no right to touch the kid.

Canadians can use force to protect their belongings and themselves. An individual is justified in taking action to prevent someone from breaking into their home. However, they must cease using force once the attacker backs down. Furthermore, they must not use more force than is necessary.Apr. 14, 2021

My friend said that his foot hardly even made contact with the kids butt because he was running away. Still, he had to wear an ankle bracelet and had to go straight home after work everyday for 3 months. :nods:

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
The kids friends were witnesses.

He told the judge about the lanterns and the judge said the teen was running away, so he had no right to touch the kid.

Canadians can use force to protect their belongings and themselves. An individual is justified in taking action to prevent someone from breaking into their home. However, they must cease using force once the attacker backs down. Furthermore, they must not use more force than is necessary.Apr. 14, 2021

My friend said that his foot hardly even made contact with the kids butt because he was running away. Still, he had to wear an ankle bracelet and had to go straight home after work everyday for 3 months. :nods:
As a defense attorney I would argue that if all the kids were running away there is no possible way that they could have witnessed the event as it was happening behind them, if they were facing your friend when the event took place they were not in the process of running away but turning to confront your friend in an act of aggression, your friend needed a better lawyer.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I would say that the kids should have received a kicking from their parents TBH.
Little sods.
Quite clearly 'running away' would indicate their implication in the activity in the first place.
Seems like the legal system is in favour of criminals.
What next? Someone gets shot and then is penalised for getting in the way of an otherwise peaceful bullet?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I would say that the kids should have received a kicking from their parents TBH.
Little sods.
Quite clearly 'running away' would indicate their implication in the activity in the first place.
Seems like the legal system is in favour of criminals.
What next? Someone gets shot and then is penalised for getting in the way of an otherwise peaceful bullet?
It does seem to be heavily weighted in favour of the criminals, yes. Very odd.
Canada sounds as bad as the UK.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Tried to pick on a stranger and got a free flying lesson.

The moment 16-year-old martial arts world champ FLOORS fully grown ear-biting brute in street​

The student says he had a chunk of his ear bitten off in the attack but managed to restrain the attacker

By
Toni Guillot

A man bit off more than he could chew when he picked a fight with a Teesside Jiu Jitsu world champion.
Student Alex Williams was on his lunch break with a friend when he says an unknown man approached him on Guisborough High Street.
The grown yob became aggressive towards the 16-year-old, shouting: "I'm gunna smash your head in" and "I'm gunna stab you down the alley."
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/moment-16-year-old-martial-21586924

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
I'll be very surprised if the shop worker doesn't get in big trouble over kicking a person like that. :popc:

If the guy was still squaring up to him at the time (which the report suggests), then I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure that the basics are quite straightforward on this matter: If an individual presents an active and immediate physical threat, or can reasonably be perceived to be such, then you can use appropriate physical force. If the individual is no longer an active and immediate physical threat, you cannot. The former is an act of self-defence - the latter, one of anger.

Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment - especially when the action is the endgame of a sequence of other actions - the boundary is sometimes crossed. I totally sympathise with many of those cases, and get why the consequences often frustrate people - but the consequences of legislating for the use of physical force against a non-threat on the basis of a perceived threat are potentially horrendous, and the law is quite poor at judging the nuances involved - not because it is an ass, but because they are simply quite difficult to define in a clear, comprehensive and incontrovertible manner.

But, the idea that we cannot physically defend ourselves and our property in the face of active and immediate aggressive action is a tabloid fiction.

Edit: Here is what the Crown Prosecution Service on Self Defence and the Prevention of Crime.

"It is both good law and good sense that a man who is attacked may defend himself. It is both good law and good sense that he may do, but only do, what is reasonably necessary."

The rest - and there's quite a lot of it - is basically an expansion of that proposition.

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
This story may set a record for the most wrong things messed with ...

This trio of criminal geniuses messed with the wrong carjacking victim, the wrong crowd of witnesses, the wrong drivetrain on the targeted car, the wrong lane of the Interstate expressway, and the wrong dog.
Man trained in MMA fights back against potential carjackers, 3 arrested after pursuit

After getting the man's keys, they were foiled again since none of them knew how to drive a manual transmission car

Three men who tried to carjack a man by hitting him with a wooden stick outside an Anytime Fitness were forced to flee when the potential victim fought back using his training in mixed martial arts, and one of the suspects didn't know how to drive a manual transmission.

Deputies with the Stafford County Sheriff's Office were called to the gym ... Multiple callers reported three men had attacked the man in an attempt to steal his car. The three men hit the man several times, but the victim fought back ...

One of the suspects eventually got hold of the man's car keys and jumped in the car, but was stymied by the car's manual transmission and had no clue how to drive the car ... Eventually, more people inside the gym rushed out to thwart the attempted carjacking. All three suspects were eventually able to get back in their vehicle and left the scene.

Deputies learned the suspects were driving a white Acura sedan with Mississippi plates and they were quickly spotted by a deputy who attempted to pull the car over ... Instead of stopping, the suspects took off and headed northbound on I-95.

The pursuit reached a speed of 98 mph ... Near mile marker 145, the suspects entered the HOV lanes by crashing through the barrier arm and began driving northbound while traffic was headed southbound.

The suspects eventually stopped on their own about two miles later. No crashes happened and no injuries were reported. From there, the men bailed and took off on foot into the wooded median between the HOV lanes and the southbound lanes of the interstate.

Stafford County deputies, Virginia State Police and Quantico PMO set up a perimeter around the area. K-9 Titan and his handler ... were able to track the suspects through the heavy brush and found the three men. They were told to give up or the K-9 would be deployed. Two of the men complied.

"The third suspect incorrectly judged his own speed or K-9 Titan’s speed and attempted to run away. This attempt was futile as K-9 Titan was released and apprehended the suspect within 50 yards," Stafford County deputies said. ...

All are being held at the Rappahannock Regional Jail without bond, though [one of them] briefly went to the hospital for treatment of a dog bite.
FULL STORY: https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...-back/65-73837c0a-3ced-4e95-8819-29543ae35a00