They Messed With The WRONG Person

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Little old ladies used to regularly practice their handbag skills against professional wrestlers. The wrestlers would have to stay in a protective ring for their own safety.

rynner2

Great Old One
Truro super gran Josephine Guiseppa, 81, chases off would-be bag snatcher while out shopping
By WBCaroline | Posted: January 19, 2017

Josephine Guiseppa chases off Truro would-be mugger

A plucky 81-year-old pensioner chased off a would-be bag snatcher who sprang on her while she searched for a bus ticket on a shopping trip to Truro.

Super gran Josephine Guiseppa, who is originally from Italy but now lives just outside Carnon Downs, was close to the Pannier Market when the man tried to grab her bag.
Mrs Guiseppa clung on, suffering an injury to her thumb which was pulled back as he tried to force it from her hand. The man then ran off - and the pensioner even attempted to chase him away before returning to the market where staff gave her a cup of tea.

She told Cornwall Live: "I went to the bank and was back out through the market. Just before the market's back door I was stopped looking for a bus ticket that was in my bag. I was on my way to the bus station as I cannot drive.
"I was looking in my handbag for the ticket and a young man suddenly appeared and bashed into my hands and tried to grab my purse. I guess he thought I had money and he was looking for money.
"I tried to chase him, I was so mad. It's all wrong, I am 81 years old my love and it was not very nice."

After the ordeal she dashed to the Pannier Market where staff sat her down, offered her a cup of tea, and were very reassuring and kind.
A police officer was also on the scene within minutes and drove the shaken pensioner back home.

"It was frightening and I am still shaken up about it. But I said to the police bring him to me and I will talk to him. I will have a stern word with him because what he did was wrong.
"My son lives 600 yards from me and looks after me and I have a 17-year-old grandson who is lovely."

Sergeant Marc Sayers, from Truro police, said: "This seems to be an opportunistic crime on a female who was just out shopping in Truro at just after 9am.
"The thief, it would appear, may have thought the elderly victim was holding money.
"As he walked past he has tried to grab the handbag and in doing so struck the victim to her hand who suffered an injury to her thumb. This has left the victim upset but angry that this happened."

The man is described as medium build, 5 ft 8 in tall and was wearing a navy blue short coat and had the hood up and dark trainers.
Sgt Sayers said: "This incident occurred very quickly and it may be that they haven't realised what they witnessed until now."
It took place last Thursday between Prince's Street and Tinner's Court.

Anyone with information should call DC Morris at Truro police on 101 quoting the crime reference numbers CR/002858/17 and CR/002861/17

http://www.cornwalllive.com/josephi...ld-be-mugger/story-30070983-detail/story.html

Peripart

Antediluvian
I have a vivid memory of another, very similar, image from around the same time – but possibly from Norway, rather than Sweden: a less wide angled shot and a much more recognisably ‘old lady’ (that is, small, with grey hair...and old). But I can’t find it now. I’m tempted to think I made it up – or my memory has liquidised the one above and turned into another - but the image is very firmly fixed in my mind, and I can even remember the circumstances in which I saw it.
Is that the one with the Thunderbird riding on the back of Shergar?

Don't worry, one Scandinavian lady smacking a neo-Nazi over the head with her handbag has made my day. I don't need any more!

Graylien

Justified and Ancient
Sounds like one of those little oiks who have a lifetime of crime ahead of them.

So you've come to rob me with that gun ? .. well you'll just have to wait, I haven't finished serving Gladys yet .. :rofl: (skip to 0:50)...
Over the years I've worked with several Russian and Eastern European ballet companies. Whether this is legit or not these are exactly the type of ladies who always seem to run the wardrobe departments: big trainers, housecoats, never without a fag in the mouth, a laugh like Sid James with laryngitis. You NEVER mess with them - not even if you run the company.

I suspect Putin is one in drag.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Over the years I've worked with several Russian and Eastern European ballet companies. Whether this is legit or not these are exactly the type of ladies who always seem to run the wardrobe departments: big trainers, housecoats, never without a fag in the mouth, a laugh like Sid James with laryngitis. You NEVER mess with them - not even if you run the company.

I suspect Putin is one in drag.
I reckon that's his Mum ..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Man allegedly pulled down a deputy U.S. marshal’s shorts while she was jogging

A Deputy U.S. Marshal was running along a trail that runs parallel to River Avenue toward the 16th Street Bridge in Pittsburgh when Flynn ran up behind her, grabbed her backside and pulled her shorts to her ankles.

In a Pittsburgh police criminal complaint filed by the woman, who was off-duty at the time of the attack, Flynn reportedly ran toward Anderson Street following his crime and she chased after him.

“Federal marshal,” she allegedly yelled. “Stop!”
etc
He was cornered by his alleged victim, arrested and charged.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I had an uncle who served in the far east in WW2. He never spoke about the war except to mention the Gurkhas. He always said you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of people but thank God they were on our side.
Found this incredible account:

Also present on the DJEBEL GARCI that night (20/4/43) were men from the Gurkha Regiment, famous for their fearsome use of the Kukri. There is this account of the battle from Jemadar (Lieutenant) Dewan Sing:

I was challenged in a foreign language. I felt it was not the British language or I would have recognised it. To make quite sure I crept up and found myself looking into the face of a German. I recognised him by his helmet. He was fumbling with his weapon so I cut off his head with my kukri.

Another appeared from a slit trench and I cut him down also. I was able to do the same to two others, but one made a great deal of noise, which raised the alarm. I had a cut at a fifth but I am afraid I only wounded him. Yet perhaps the wound was severe, for I struck him between the neck and shoulder.

I was now involved in a struggle with a number of Germans, and eventually, after my hands had become cut and slippery with blood, they managed to wrest my kukri from me. One German beat me over the head with it, inliicting a number of wounds. He was not very skilful, however, sometimes striking me with the sharp edge but oftener with the blunt.

They managed to beat me to the ground where I lay pretending to be dead. The Germans got back into their trenches and after a while I looked up. I could not see anything, for my eyes were full of blood.

I wiped the blood out of my eyes and quite near I saw a German machine-gun. I thought, ‘If only I can reach that gun I shall be able to kill the lot.’ By now it was getting light and as I lay thinking of a plan to reach the gun, my platoon advanced and started to hurl grenades among the enemy. But they were also falling very near me, so I thought that if I did not move I really would be dead.

I managed to get to my feet, and ran towards my platoon. Not recognising me, I heard one of my men call, ‘Here comes the enemy! Shoot him!’ I bade them not to do so. They recognised my voice and let me come in.

My hands being cut about and bloody, and having lost my kukri, I had to ask one of my platoon to take my pistol from my holster and to put it in my hand. I then took command of my platoon again. I met my company commander, who bade me go to the Regimental Aid Post.

I said, ‘Sahib, there is fighting to be done, and I know the enemy’s dispositions. I must stay and command my platoon.’ But he firmly ordered me and I had to go.

Yet before I went, one of my Bren gunners was hit, and my company commander, although wounded in the neck, took over the Bren gun and continued to fire it. Moreover, the doctor sahib, having bandaged me, refused to allow me to return to my platoon.

Jemadar Dewan Sing had over a dozen separate wounds on his head alone but survived and was awarded the Indian Order of Merit.

http://ww2today.com/20th-april-1943-indians-and-gurkhas-attack-in-tunisia

Draheste

Devoted Cultist
Once, we came back from Heathrow airport by the train going straight to London Paddington. We lit (Spelling?) and then, when everybody would be out of the train, the people waiting to embark would get in the then empty carriages
Except, they were some Meathead deciding they needed to go first, before everybody finished exiting through the gates. It was a couple, the guy was about 6ft, with his other half in his wake. He barged first into the opened gate, opened for people getting out and not in. He didn't go far. He bumped into my husband, which is also 6ft tall but considerably larger. My spouse said that he just felt something bouncing on his chest and saw that man on the floor yelling at him, Mr Draheste not understanding what was going on. My husband had a job calming the idiot down, which should have took an earlier train. It was a good job it was my husband blocking his way and not a frail old person or a little kid.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
I had an uncle who served in the far east in WW2. He never spoke about the war except to mention the Gurkhas. He always said you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of people but thank God they were on our side.
My Grandfather fought with them in Burma too and said much the same thing. Said they were absolutely savage and ferocious in battle and quiet, meek and polite out of it. Without fail. I actually own a kukhri that he traded with one of them.

I was watching an interview with an officer that fought in the Falklands once and he was describing how truly horrific and terrifying infantry battles are. He said - "If someone says they are not scared in battle than they are either lying, or they are a Gurkha."

Gurkhas. Those guys are the business.
When I lived in Cyprus, the Gurkhas took part in an exercise as the 'guest enemy'. They immediately bribed local boys (guilty) with ration chocolate bars (seriously large) to scout RAFR positions. They then ambushed them and left them tied up and bootless in the (hard dry and thorny) bondu.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
5 against 1 and he didn't kick anyone that he brought down, he's mostly pushing them away so he had some honour, again, most of his moves seem to be pushing the other kids away but yep, no backstory .. either way, they won't be trying it on with him again.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
This story is a few years old, but I've just read it:

UNSUNG HEROES: This Navy SEAL Kept Fighting After Getting Shot 27 Times
By COREY ADWAR
April 16, 2015

Douglas “Mike” Day killed his attackers before they could finish him off, and now he has completed a 70.3-mile triathlon to raise money for wounded vets.

When Chief Petty Officer Douglas “Mike” Day first entered a tiny room in a raid on high-level al Qaeda militants in Iraq’s Anbar province, April 6, 2007, a bullet slammed into his body armor from less than 10 feet away.

To Day, it felt like he was hit by a sledgehammer, he explained to CBN News. The ceramic plates in his body armor are only designed to sustain impact from one round. But somehow, his body armor remained intact as it stopped another bullet, and then nine more after that, 11 bullets in all.

“After I realized that I actually was getting shot, my second thought was, ‘God get me home to my girls, and then extreme anger,” Day told Fox News. “Then I just went to work. It was muscle memory. I just did what I was trained to do.”

But the bullets kept coming, and Day’s armor couldn’t stop them all. The enemy rounds eventually tore through every part of Day’s body, including his abdomen, all of his limbs, his groin, and his buttocks. Even the bullets that were stopped by his body armor damaged his ribs and lungs.

By the time it was over, Day had been shot 16 times from a distance of within 10 feet, not counting the 11 rounds stopped by his body armor. He also suffered grenade shrapnel wounds that knocked him unconscious.

But like his resilient body armor, Day didn’t fall apart. Not only did he not leave the fight, he won the fight. His Silver Star citation reads:

Despite multiple gunshot wounds, he continued to engage the enemy, transitioning to his pistol after the loss of his primary weapon, eliminating three enemy personnel without injury to the women and children in close proximity to the enemy personnel. Additionally, his decisive leadership and mental clarity in the face of his injuries ensured the success of the mission which resulted in the destruction of four enemy personnel and the recovery of sensitive United States military equipment and valuable intelligence concerning enemy activity in the area.

Before the firefight was over, a fellow SEAL was killed by a gunshot wound to the neck, yet Day was miraculously able to walk to the medevac helicopter on his own two feet. He spent the next two years recovering from his injuries, and still suffers lingering pain on a daily basis.

Doctors have diagnosed Day with post-traumatic stress disorder, an injury he knows can be more severe than the worst physical wounds. “You lose a leg, you lose a leg. It’s a limb. You smash that brain around a little bit and who you are changes,” Day told CBN News.

At home, Day’s new mission is to help other veterans and civilians overcome traumatic brain injuries by raising funds to benefit customized treatment programs at the Brain Treatment Foundation, a nonprofit division of Carrick Brain Centers. To raise awareness of his efforts, Day swam, biked, and ran in a 70.3-mile half Ironman race April 12 in Florida, finishing with a time of 07:04:56. As of this week, Day has raised $88,075 through 1,113 donors on his CrowdRise Ironman funding webpage.

Retired from the Navy, Day now works as a full-time advocate for wounded veterans and their families with the advocacy company 9Line.

“The hand of God was on me, and I think I’m being directed now to use this story to tell people about it and use it to help other people,” Day told Fox News.

http://taskandpurpose.com/unsung-heroes-this-navy-seal-kept-fighting-after-getting-shot-27-times/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Shot twenty-seven times at less than ten feet, passed out, got up, killed three of his attackers with a pistol, walked to the helicopter: day at the office really...

This story is a few years old, but I've just read it:

UNSUNG HEROES: This Navy SEAL Kept Fighting After Getting Shot 27 Times
By COREY ADWAR
April 16, 2015

Douglas “Mike” Day killed his attackers before they could finish him off, and now he has completed a 70.3-mile triathlon to raise money for wounded vets.

When Chief Petty Officer Douglas “Mike” Day first entered a tiny room in a raid on high-level al Qaeda militants in Iraq’s Anbar province, April 6, 2007, a bullet slammed into his body armor from less than 10 feet away.

To Day, it felt like he was hit by a sledgehammer, he explained to CBN News. The ceramic plates in his body armor are only designed to sustain impact from one round. But somehow, his body armor remained intact as it stopped another bullet, and then nine more after that, 11 bullets in all.

“After I realized that I actually was getting shot, my second thought was, ‘God get me home to my girls, and then extreme anger,” Day told Fox News. “Then I just went to work. It was muscle memory. I just did what I was trained to do.”

But the bullets kept coming, and Day’s armor couldn’t stop them all. The enemy rounds eventually tore through every part of Day’s body, including his abdomen, all of his limbs, his groin, and his buttocks. Even the bullets that were stopped by his body armor damaged his ribs and lungs.

By the time it was over, Day had been shot 16 times from a distance of within 10 feet, not counting the 11 rounds stopped by his body armor. He also suffered grenade shrapnel wounds that knocked him unconscious.

But like his resilient body armor, Day didn’t fall apart. Not only did he not leave the fight, he won the fight. His Silver Star citation reads:

Despite multiple gunshot wounds, he continued to engage the enemy, transitioning to his pistol after the loss of his primary weapon, eliminating three enemy personnel without injury to the women and children in close proximity to the enemy personnel. Additionally, his decisive leadership and mental clarity in the face of his injuries ensured the success of the mission which resulted in the destruction of four enemy personnel and the recovery of sensitive United States military equipment and valuable intelligence concerning enemy activity in the area.

Before the firefight was over, a fellow SEAL was killed by a gunshot wound to the neck, yet Day was miraculously able to walk to the medevac helicopter on his own two feet. He spent the next two years recovering from his injuries, and still suffers lingering pain on a daily basis.

Doctors have diagnosed Day with post-traumatic stress disorder, an injury he knows can be more severe than the worst physical wounds. “You lose a leg, you lose a leg. It’s a limb. You smash that brain around a little bit and who you are changes,” Day told CBN News.

At home, Day’s new mission is to help other veterans and civilians overcome traumatic brain injuries by raising funds to benefit customized treatment programs at the Brain Treatment Foundation, a nonprofit division of Carrick Brain Centers. To raise awareness of his efforts, Day swam, biked, and ran in a 70.3-mile half Ironman race April 12 in Florida, finishing with a time of 07:04:56. As of this week, Day has raised $88,075 through 1,113 donors on his CrowdRise Ironman funding webpage.

Retired from the Navy, Day now works as a full-time advocate for wounded veterans and their families with the advocacy company 9Line.

“The hand of God was on me, and I think I’m being directed now to use this story to tell people about it and use it to help other people,” Day told Fox News.

http://taskandpurpose.com/unsung-heroes-this-navy-seal-kept-fighting-after-getting-shot-27-times/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Shot twenty-seven times at less than ten feet, passed out, got up, killed three of his attackers with an enemy, walked to the helicopter: day at the office really...
You couldn't make it up!

Up there with the guy who escaped from a Stalag and stole a Messerschmitt to fly home.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
If you're going to spend years and hundreds of thousands of dollars training a man and turning him into a multi-skilled endurance and attack machine, you give him the best body armour money can buy to protect your investment.

skinny

HARD AS NAILS