They Messed With The WRONG Person

Victory

Ephemeral Spectre
I guess British members will have read all about this by now...but Arsenal football players Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac were attacked in London by carjackers wielding roof tiles and knives.
Kolasinac, a stocky left sided defender known for his powerful runs out of defence, took matters into his own hands and fought off the attackers.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/kolasi...ght-champion-wilder/hc0s0zga00mg19dtl3juprwz2

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I guess British members will have read all about this by now...but Arsenal football players Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac were attacked in London by carjackers wielding roof tiles and knives.
Kolasinac, a stocky left sided defender known for his powerful runs out of defence, took matters into his own hands and fought off the attackers.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/kolasi...ght-champion-wilder/hc0s0zga00mg19dtl3juprwz2
I'm amazed that they haven't been arrested for fighting back.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Maybe Glasgow is different (shut up! :p ) but here we are clear about our ability to resist and fight back against attack, and what can be argued to be reasonable force under various circumstances.

I've known sometimes that someone has to have a further interview with the police but I've not experienced at first, second or third hand (or by drunken gathering tattle) anyone who was behaving "right" according to popular understanding of it being done for anything - and the couple of egregious examples of going to far I've been remotely connected with were dealt with satisfactorily in the court of public opinion.

Is it that you don't have the same laws elsewhere, or that you don't think they will be applied fairly or...?

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Maybe Glasgow is different (shut up! :p ) but here we are clear about our ability to resist and fight back against attack, and what can be argued to be reasonable force under various circumstances.

I've known sometimes that someone has to have a further interview with the police but I've not experienced at first, second or third hand (or by drunken gathering tattle) anyone who was behaving "right" according to popular understanding of it being done for anything - and the couple of egregious examples of going to far I've been remotely connected with were dealt with satisfactorily in the court of public opinion.

Is it that you don't have the same laws elsewhere, or that you don't think they will be applied fairly or...?

I think that it's called reality Frides. Never try to tell a Scot bullshit?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
This bar patron is almost mind-blowingly nonchalant and yet seems to totally get away with it.

Click to see full-screen view:

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/cxx3nc
Longer and wider-framed footage here.

Tony Tovar in Behrmann's Tavern Aug. 28:

"I said not another punk trying to pull a punk move," Tovar said to KSDK. "I’m so tired of people in South City thinking they can control people because they wanna muscle their way in with firearms or attitudes or some sort of aggression."

Last edited:

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reading the comments below, apparently there is no magazine in the gun. Personally, I would not have known that. It is an escellent, if risky, reaction though.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reading the comments below, apparently there is no magazine in the gun. Personally, I would not have known that. It is an escellent, if risky, reaction though.
Absence of a magazine does not necessarily mean that a round has not been chambered.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
The bit sticking down from the hand grip looks enough like a mag to convince me.

Just been to the shopping center in the next town, some shit head was wandering about
shouting he wanted a f-in smoke and what he was going to do to us f-in poofs if he
did not get one, till a bloke likely in his 60's but well built sidled up and told him if he did
not f-off he would personally rip his f-in head off as well as a few more nicitys I did not catch,
anyway shit head decided maybe he needed to keep his head and enough breath to draw
on the smoke he did not have and buggered off..
Have a nice day n all that.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I read elsewhere, although I can't now find where, that despite appearances the weapon was actually a heavily modified pistol.
The rifle magazine may well have been superfluous.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
I read elsewhere, although I can't now find where, that despite appearances the weapon was actually a heavily modified pistol.
The rifle magazine may well have been superfluous.
l’ve looked long and hard at the CCTV. It’s of surprisingly good quality, but l still can’t quite make out what the weapon is.

My best guess? One of the cheap, plasticky pistol-calibre carbines made by low-end firms like Hi-Point or Kel-Tec.

As to Mr. Tovar: 11/10 for bottle; minus several million for common sense.

maximus otter

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Don't mess with Doreen
Watch: Woman fights off cash machine pregnant robber by pulling her hair
'I thought, 'No, you're not having my money, I've worked hard for that'. The brave pensioner victim fought off the thief by pulling her hair, leaving her screaming and crying

By
Scott EdwardsVideo Producer
  • 12:30, 18 SEP 2019

An 81-year-old fought back furiously when a young pregnant woman tried to pinch her hard-won cash at an ATM machine.
Doreen Jones was targeted as she went to withdraw her money by a woman holding a piece of paper and making hand gestures towards her mouth.
The twice-widowed pensioner was on High Street in Blackheath when the attempted robbery happened outside the Lloyds Bank.
Doreen, uncomfortable at the situation, told the person to leave her alone. Just as she thought the woman was about to leave she barged in front of Doreen, trying to steal her bank card.
etc
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/bl...h-appeal-pensioner-pregnant-bankcard-16937885

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle