• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

They* Walk Among Us (*Aliens)

mikelegs

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I'm interested in hearing your beliefs/evidence/whatever about the possibility of aliens spending some time on the ground. For example, are any of these mystical creatures (bigfoot, chup, jersey devil, etc) possibly stranded creatures from afar? Are they disguised as humans? Invisible? Or is it a ridiculous idea? Let me know what you think.

anythings possible i suppose but invisible? how would there have been the sightings

cas

There have been those reports of bigfoot disappearing in a flash of bright light,especially when shot at.And of course they're often identified with UFO's(shades of our old friend Erick Beckjord).I don't know,being a fan of Jacques Vallee and John Keel,I'm almost game for anything.

casio said:
anythings possible i suppose but invisible? how would there have been the sightings

Footprints appearing, branches moving or breaking, sounds, etc... remember the film Predator? I was reading some Fort (New Lands) last night, and there was a reference to a soundless blow that killed a number of soldiers and injured many more. Made me think of some invisible enemy.

Major Kraut said:
There have been those reports of bigfoot disappearing in a flash of bright light,especially when shot at.And of course they're often identified with UFO's

Very interesting stuff. I wonder how many would-be alien sightings were confused as mysterious (but earth-bound) creature sightings. And vice versa.

I dunno... I'm old fashioned and still like to think of Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Mothman, Dover Demon, Chupacabras et al as earthbound mystery beasts, though the more paranormal aspects of some Bigfoot cases do seem to ruin that idea a tad.

I don't see it being too far fetched that aliens do walk among us, especially if they're anything like the shadowy conspiracy-inducing critters we see on TV. Even friendly tourist aliens may be among us... who knows.

Or maybe MIB was true and the Powers That Be know more than they care to admit . . .

Yeh, Sprout, I like the idea of an alien tourist - Hard Rock Cafe (Sirius B solar system), baseball cap, shorts, loud Pleiadeian shirt, holographic camera slung round the neck and a copy of the Rough Guide to Earth in his pocket.

Carole

carole said:
Yeh, Sprout, I like the idea of an alien tourist - Hard Rock Cafe (Sirius B solar system), baseball cap, shorts, loud Pleiadeian shirt, holographic camera slung round the neck and a copy of the Rough Guide to Earth in his pocket.

Carole
Surely that should be H2G2 in his pocket?!

I think that if there was any concrete evidence discovered that any of these creatures (for instance big foot) actually exist, the powers that be would immediately cover it up.

Mind you this would probably be for the best given the rate of extinction currently happening on our planet - give these creatures a chance to survive

Zoe wrote:
I think that if there was any concrete evidence discovered that any of these creatures (for instance big foot) actually exist, the powers that be would immediately cover it up.

Why would they bother? Given that they aren't too bothered about extinction of known species, what other reason would they have?:confused:

Physical Evidence for ....oooooh "entities "

Dear Mr. Legs, et al,
Interesting, very interesting.... I suppose any sort of physical evidence of the paranormal is rather thin on the ground...especially of the footprint kinda variety. There is of course the markings of alledged craft ( which was one of the initial explanations for corn circles in the past few decades )..but as for the " occupants...?"
This springs to mind. You may be familiar with the Bob Taylor Case, which I think happened in 1979, in a forestry clearing near Livingstone ( in Central Scotland ). Poor Bob turned round the corner of a firebreak and saw a semi-transparent UFO hovering at the top of a hill, and then two ...er robots..which looked like second world war mines rolled down the hilll towards him. The next thing he new, was an overpowering stench....He woke up some time later, seemingly dragged face down, up the hill, with his trousers in shreds..He staggered home and told the whole yarn to his wife, who phoned his Forestry Bss and the Police...The police arrived on the scene, and indeed see curious markings on the hill BUT...BUT not spikey holes in the cold turf, but a series of parallel lines impressed upon the slope, with the furrow ploughed into the soil up the middle of these markings -which were presumabley made by Mr. Taylor being dragged...Photo's exist of these contradictiory markings..and the trousers are still in a Police filing cabinet .To this day the ploice treat the incident as an unexplained Assault !!
Don't you just love the Paranormal....I'm telling you - Physical Evidence is often the opposite of hard evidence...and the Bob Taylor Case is a case in point !!!!
Yours Whateverly,

Innes.

Mysterious Animals

I would like to think of all of these beasts/animals being real, it would make this dull exsistence more interesting, knowing that you could one day be walking in the forest and encounter one of these animals.
It would really make some intresting thoughts come into your head.

I suspect our view of real-unreal is too sharply polarised.

There may be several layers (grades/degrees/etc) of 'reality'.

(Easily accessed by getting outside a coupla pints of rough....)

I kinda wonder if Bigfoot isn't just some hermit-type from another planet. Maybe he/it/they came to earth long before humans evolved... you know, to 'get away from it all.' Now he's/it's/they're stuck here trying to stay hermit-type with all these darn people around.

I agree with rynner.I think our perception of reality may well be too sharply defined in black and white.It could be more complex than the human mind,with it's natural tendency to simplify,categorize,and explain away,is usually capable of comprehending.

Man In Black in Library

(Quoted from http://www.meta-religion.com/Secret...FO_MIB_Black/encounters_with_men_in_black.htm)

.........................................................................................................

Peter Rojcewicz's encounter involved no sightings. He was just sitting in the University of Pennsylvania library, reading a UFO book suggested by another professor who thought that Rojcewicz, as a folklorist, would be interested in such phenomena. "Then in the corner of my vision I noticed a black pants leg and a black shoe, scuffed," Rojcewicz said. Standing in front of him, Rojcewicz said, was a very gaunt, very pale man. He was about 6-1, weighed about 140 pounds and wore a black suit, black shoes, black string tie and a bright white shirt. "His suit was loose and it looked as though he had slept in it for three days," Rojcewicz said.

Rojcewicz didn't know what to make of the figure. At the time he wasn't aware of the Men in Black phenomena which, he subsequently learned, dates back to at least Biblical times. "He sat down, like he had dropped from the ceiling - all in one movement" - and folded his hands on top of a stack of books in front of him, Rojcewicz said. The Man in Black asked Rojcewicz what he was doing. Rojcewicz said he was reading about flying saucers. "Have you seen a flying saucer?" the Man in Black asked. Rojcewicz said he hadn't. "Do you believe in the reality of flying saucers?" Rojcewicz said he didn't know much about them and wasn't sure he was very interested in the phenomena. The man screamed: "Flying saucers are the most important fact of the century and you are not interested?" "I tried to calm him," Rojcewicz said. The man got up, once again all in a single awkward movement, put his hand on Rojcewicz's shoulder and said: " Go well on your purpose" and left.

Rojcewicz looked out at his audience. "In 10 seconds I was overwhelmed by fear. . . . I had a sense that this man was out of the ordinary and that idea frightened me. . . . I got up and walked around the stacks toward where the reference librarians usually are. The librarians weren't there. There were no guards there - there was nobody else in the library. . . . I was terrified."

He went back to the table where he had been reading "to get myself together. It took me about an hour. Then I got up and everything was back to normal, the people were all there."

.........................................................................................................
Also of relevence may be this account of aliens visiting a takeaway and buying pizzas: (plugging my own little site again I'm afraid, but I've never come across this particular case anywhere else)

Alien Takeaway

WELL..THERE WAS THIS TEACHER AT MY OLD SCHOOL..mISSS wHITLEY AND SHE WAS DEFININATELY AN ALIEN ENTITY !:D

A list of known alien species on Earth (scroll down past the mad ranting about the Greys wanting to populate the earth with thousands of Nicolas Teslas)

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/gracewatcher/aliens.html?mtbrand=AOL_US

Rather oddly, the list includes Vegans, who are described as "relatively peaceful and gentle humans descended from refugees from the Lyran Wars". Apparently often seen in the company of Ummites: "Humans claiming to hail from the general area of Wolf 424".

It may be worth quizzing any vegan friends you have and seeing if you can catch them out. "Going anywhere interesting on holiday this year? The general area of Wolf 424 perhaps?"

Don't push then too far, though. Note that they are only "relatively" peaceful!

I'm a vegan. I guess you caught me. Yes, I admit it, I'm from Mars. ;)

I like the idea of aliens walking among us.If they looked radically different then obviously we would notice them! But why do we never hear of close encounters very often where the ET's looked better than us! If they looked the same then how many humanoid worlds could there be! That would mean we are not as unique as we think we are?!

Does any one believe the in the possibility that an alien could 'shape shift'?

I've developed more of an open mind recently...so in IMHO, anything could be possible!

8)

Indra Keys said:
...But why do we never hear of close encounters very often where the ET's looked better than us!.....

...I've developed more of an open mind recently...so in IMHO, anything could be possible!

The contactees of the 1950s often reported tall blond(e) aliens, sometimes referred to as Nordics.

At this point in time, it would be no problem for other
species to walk among us. They wouldn't even have to be
completely "in disguise", either.

Working in the city, I have become accustomed
to not looking at anyone who might be "on the fringe".
If you make any kind of eye contact, even accidentally --
well -- the best you could hope for would be that they
would simply ask for money...

I actually fall into this category, since I tend to
dress for comfort rather than in a suit. Since I
work in a building of suits, they ignore me in the
elevators or halls. I don't mind this -- and it actually
works to my advantage. (Hear lots of privileged info, and such...)

This conditioning in urban dwellers would make it
ridiculously easy for other species to observe us first hand.

FWIW...
TVgeek

TVgeek said:
This conditioning in urban dwellers would make it
ridiculously easy for other species to observe us first hand.

That's a good observation!
Your right actually - how many people actualy notice each other.
:roll:

If I had the technology to fly hundreds of millions of miles across the vast radiation strewn cosmos to another inhabited planet, I couldn't see myself bumbling around in the forest scaring a few red necks or offing' some dudes chickens for a bit of fun.

So to answer your question, No, Idon't belive these 'Creatures' are alien.

Imagination, halucination, fabrication or even animals we haven't discovered yet, I would say is a distinct possibility

Indra Keys said:

I don't believe that any creature can actually shapeshift without the use of some exotic technology. Certainly, no known lifeform can morph into something else.
The only things I can think of are holographic projection or direct induction of an image (by some means) to the visual cortex of each witness.

Mythopoeika said:
Indra Keys said:

I don't believe that any creature can actually shapeshift without the use of some exotic technology. Certainly, no known lifeform can morph into something else.
The only things I can think of are holographic projection or direct induction of an image (by some means) to the visual cortex of each witness.

Just because nothing on this planet can shapeshift, it doesnt mean some aliens in the universe cannot do it.

Who knows what their genetic make up would be.

Maybe there is a life form sat there writing on their fortean times message board "I cant believe there is a life form that doesnt shapeshift"

There are animals on this planet that can shape shift, it just depends on your definition of shapeshifting. Many species of insect (butterflies and moths being the obvious examples) go through a very definate shape shifting process. Many flies (damsel and dragonflies being the best examples) not only shape shift from nypmhs to flies but spend parts of there lives in two completly differant mediums. And of coarse there are the octupii (forgive the spelling of the plural if its wrong) who can change there shape depending on the surrondings. There was one species (i can't remember the name off hand but i'll find it and post it later) that changes its shape depending on the precieved threat. It could make itself look like various other creatures to scare off potential predators.

Some biological mimicking ability is not the same as morphing into a creature from an alien planet. In any case, one would assume that a chupacabras probably looks like that anyway :D

The larger problem is how aliens would survive here. What are the chances that they would be able to cope with not only the gravity, but also temperature, pressure, radiation, humidity, atmosphere and other factors (those deadly earth microbes!) - never mind being able to eat local organisms and digest those alien proteins.

Hard to believe that anything could survive in those conditions unless it had evolved for them, or been modified for them. It's not that easy for humans moving to other climates and cultures...

Back