• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

Odd footage from our garden camera last night. Probably just a camera glitch. But I was trying to send it to mum and it just wasn’t sending, strange.

Ps if that was a film something would definitely be kicking off.

Dodgy electrics? Old wiring, perhaps?
I like the cute model lighthouse on the left, with its little searchlight.

Dodgy electrics? Old wiring, perhaps?
I like the cute model lighthouse on the left, with its little searchlight.
It’s wireless but it has been complaining its battery is going so I suspect that might have something to do with it.

It helps stop shipwrecks in the garden lol. I think it’s about the third one we’ve had over the years.

Odd footage from our garden camera last night. Probably just a camera glitch. But I was trying to send it to mum and it just wasn’t sending, strange.

Ps if that was a film something would definitely be kicking off.

That seems a bit strange!
Could it possibly have been a vehicle backing-up (i.e. reversing lights)? Doesn't seem to be affecting your house lights, so can't be power related.

That seems a bit strange!
Could it possibly have been a vehicle backing-up (i.e. reversing lights)? Doesn't seem to be affecting your house lights, so can't be power related.
No vehicles about in that area. It is battery powered so probably that.

I must remember to put new batteries in my trailcam for tonight. There wasn't enough power for the LEDs to work after a while but the batteries must have recovered because there were more videos later in the night.
Unless the aliens/badgers did something so I couldn't see what they were up to.

I must remember to put new batteries in my trailcam for tonight. There wasn't enough power for the LEDs to work after a while but the batteries must have recovered because there were more videos later in the night.
Unless the aliens/badgers did something so I couldn't see what they were up to.
Ours was fine in the morning but then night view probably takes more power.

An environmental analysis of public UAP sightings and sky view potential​

Abstract​

Sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) or unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP) have been reported throughout history. Given the potential security and safety risks they pose, as well as scientific curiosity, there is increasing interest in understanding what these sighting reports represent. We approach this problem as an important one of the human experience and that can be examined through a geographical lens: what local factors may increase or decrease the number of sighting reports? Using a Bayesian regression method, we test hypotheses based on variables representing sky view potential (light pollution, tree canopy, and cloud cover) and the potential for objects to be present in the sky (aircraft and military installations). The dependent variable includes over 98,000 publicly reported UAP sightings in the conterminous United States during the 20-year period from 2001 to 2020. The model results find credible correlations between variables that suggest people see more “phenomena” when they have more opportunity to. This analysis is one of few investigations of UAP sighting reports at a national scale providing context to help examine individual reports. Given that these objects are labeled unidentifiable in the personal sense, there are many natural and/or human based explanations worth exploring.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-49527-x

We hypothesize that the higher rate of western sightings could be due to (1) the physical geography of the West (i.e., the lack of vegetative canopies and wide-open spaces), (2) cultures of outdoor activity (e.g., recreation and other activities enjoyed in more temperate weather throughout the year), and (3) cultures of paranormal ideation (e.g., impacts of Area 51, Roswell, New Mexico).

Does the camera go into a 'blink' mode when power is running low by any chance?
No that’s the first time I’ve seen it do that and they do get through the batteries so it’s regularly running low.

We have now changed the battery and just got a solar panel to use with it. So hopefully that’ll help it last longer.

Took my old dog out for a wee before putting him to bed the other night, spotted a very bright meteor. Where it burned out just happened to be directly in line with a star, so it gave the distinct impression of a fast moving object entering the atmosphere then coming to an instant halt and hovering in one spot.

NASA SPOTS OBJECT SPEEDING AROUND THE MOON: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spotted a bizarre sliver of an object speeding above the lunar surface last month.

And as it turns out, we're not looking at a UFO — or, uh, maybe an Unidentified Lunar Object — because there's a perfectly human explanation for the lunar apparition.

It turns out that the LRO's image was photobombed by the Korea Aerospace Research Institute's Korea Pathfinder Lunar Orbiter (KPLO), otherwise known as Danuri, which is "traveling in nearly parallel orbits," according to a NASA statement.

The reason why Danuri appears as a tiny sliver — rather than a conventional-looking spacecraft with two solar panels and an antenna — is because the LRO's camera exposure time was extremely short at just 0.338 milliseconds. As a result, Danuri appears "smeared to ten times its size in the opposite direction of travel because of the relative high travel velocities between the two spacecraft," according to NASA.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/nasa-spots-object-speeding-around-moon

maximus otter

Back