• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

"My jeep is quite noisy, but this sounded like a thousand hoovers".

Maybe that was them getting ready to bring him on board...? :eek:
I don't know why some make a lot of noise and some don't! If they are indeed devices --lord knows what is going on in there! The Warminster "Thing" made a lot of noise too.

Hmmm.. I think we are seeing this. Here is a freehand sketch. I put a horizon line and road in there too. Like the Woonsocket UFO, the object has a faceted edge (at this time). I believe they are flexible programmable matter.
View attachment 30561
index.php
The general structure looks a lot like an amusement park ride, like a Ferris wheel, or something similar that's a metal framework with lights attached. You can see both sides of the central part because most of the structure is empty.
Ferris-wheel.jpg

As you can see this one has lights all over it.
Here's a drawing of what I think the metal frame might look like with red dots where the lights would be located.
ufoframe.png

Due to the perspective many of the lights are hidden behind part of the metal framework, which is one only the near side is clearly visible. The object in the photo seems to be octagonal. and yes, 8 seats is a small number for a Ferris wheel, but not all of them are huge permanent installations.

Looking at the photo... there is literally nothing but the colored lights visible at all. It's like someone edited out the background in Photoshop. Also, as far as I can tell, the image being held by McDonald in that photo.... is the original. It's not a cropped image, it's the WHOLE image. Web searches pulled, that pic, and multiple versions that are grainier for no obvious reason. It's never seen cropped differently.

Web searches pulled, that pic, and multiple versions that are grainier for no obvious reason. It's never seen cropped differently.
If a genuine photograph - there seems no evidence otherwise at present - might we indeed have a drone.

Firstly, the scale our photograph implies a fairly large object. However, the image has surely been 'blown up', so how do we know the object's actual size wasn't much smaller, perhaps only 30-35 feet in diameter?

For example, in relation there's a significant difference between these photographs:

Screenshot_20201011_055820_resize_14.jpg

Screenshot_20201011_055955_resize_88.jpg

Our photograph appears to depict a round, central structure, from which the lights extend:

Screenshot_20201011_061810_resize_18.jpg

Possibly something like this?

IMG_20201011_062118_resize_86.jpg

It's part of LIDAR radar mapping drone used by the forestry commission in Scotland and is permitted to fly at night - seemingly not requiring daylight conditions:

IMG_20201011_062148_resize_40.jpg

As for Macdonald's remark that the object sounded like, 'a thousand hoovers', I think we can take that as an exaggeration and meaning it was extremely noisy and sounded like a hoover.

Drones by their nature are loud and especially large, commercial models.

As one woman put it when complaing about same:

"It sounds like a very loud vacuum cleaner. It gets louder the closer it gets".

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2019/10/31/...rones-flying-near-their-houses-late-at-night/

Last edited:
Now that you mention it... the object in the photograph seems to have BLUE lights on one side, and RED on the other. Drones usually have lights patterned to let the operator know which side is which.

The big octagon with lights could be a guard to prevent the drone from hitting things with it's rotors.

Hmm.. I don't see the drone resemblance. Again, UFOs that look like Ferris wheels or discs with lights around the rim are a known type of UFO. The UFO apparently left abruptly, and didn't buzz off like a drone. He said it was louder than his Jeep. I think the drawing explains the appearance of the lights -- if they are on an irregular disc seen in perspective, their appearance is explained, to a one; it is the bulk of the craft that hides the lights on the opposite side; that would not happen with a drone.. I hate drones (and most things people are up to these days); now we have to clutter the sky with our garbage; nothing is safe from humans.. And they make UFO identification very problematic these days --along with all of the image processing software. :(

There is no illumination of struts or other gear on the left, too. Also, look at the scale and number of lights. Note that the lights on the UFO have the weird quality oft described, and don't light up the body of the craft.
56df3b3d1e00008700703887.jpeg
index.php

index.php

Not all UFOs have lights, but they often do have them (or with bright lighted interiors). I think they might have something to do with the propulsion or conveyance of the craft. The Monon UFOs scattered when a flashlight was shone on them. It is as if the lights are manipulating a fiend around the craft, or necessary for internal functioning. I think perfectly smooth metallic looking craft can generate "lights" from tehir fabric periodically.

Last edited:
Came across this and thought it might be of related interest.

"If it looks like a UFO and sounds like a UFO"...

A cluster of nighttime lights moving west-to-east across the Hawaiian Islands is confidently believed to have been the remains of a Chinese rocket booster launched in 2008.
Lights in Hawaii sky believed to be from 12-year-old rocket booster

Experts said bright lights spotted in the sky over Hawaii were likely the remnants of a booster from a rocket launched 12 years ago.

John O'Meara, chief scientist of the W. M. Keck Observatory in Waimea, said the lights spotted in the sky Saturday night likely were from the booster of a Chinese rocket launched in 2008. ...

Mary Beth Laychak, strategic communications director for the Canada France Hawaii Telescope, said the appearance of the lights lines up with projections of the booster's re-entry path.

"We can't be 100% certain because we don't have any of the pieces of the debris," Laychak told KHON-TV. "But the pattern of the lights that we saw in our time lapse combined with this map."

"This flight path and the precision at which all of these companies are able to estimate where their objects will enter and how they'll break up is what really leads us to believe that this was this Venesat-1 re-entering the atmosphere," she said.

FULL STORY (With Video): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/1...rom-12-year-old-rocket-booster/8931603741382/

Tim Peake, the British astronaut, appeared on Graham Norton and told a story about a string of UFOs he saw from the ISS - and their eventual identification.

There's a name for this in space circles; 'Constellation Urion'.
Here's Phil Plait on a sighting of this phenomenon from Earth.
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/constellation-urion

A lot of people sent me notes via email and Twitter saying they were out watching the Shuttle and the ISS pass by in the sky last night when Discovery did something very odd and disturbing: there was a flash and then an expanding halo of light around the Shuttle. My first thought when I read this was that it was an orbital maneuver -- a rocket firing -- or maybe a meteor coincidentally near the same spot in the sky, but it turns out to be neither: it was a waste liquid dump, when the astronauts empty waste tanks before landing the Orbiter.

On my way home last night, as it was clear sky I took this photograph of the planetary conjunction.

Just a snapshot from my mobile phone, it was never intended to be of great quality.

What about that other image though, the UFO, shown beneath the moon, inadvertently captured.

It is, I can assure, reflected light which I couldn't get rid of in the brief moment available.

If I hadn't noticed it at the time though... :)

IMG_20201225_011255.jpg

The Sun posts picture of blurry sea gull. Such great evidence for UFOs these days!

You know UFOs take the shape of blurry seagulls in order to be undetected while they are surveilling --unfortunately folks snap pictures of them and claim they are flying saucers! :p
With image manipulation software, daft suggestible folks, and all of the stuff in the sky these days, I don't often look at new pics and footage posted by folks these days as 99% of it is BS.

I still remember that something like 55 years ago I'd been watching a childrens' tv programme which included a piece about UFOs. I went outside afterwards and saw two bright white things moving in the distance and imagined that's what they were. Then they turned and came nearer and I realized it was just a couple of sunlit gulls.

I still remember that something like 55 years ago I'd been watching a childrens' tv programme which included a piece about UFOs. I went outside afterwards and saw two bright white things moving in the distance and imagined that's what they were. Then they turned and came nearer and I realized it was just a couple of sunlit gulls.
Alien.. Sunlit.. Gulls.. :eek:

It's funny --I've spent a lot of my time outside and early on out hiking in the middle of nowhere in small groups.. THAT'S where one would think one would encounter UFOs. But, in a total MIndf*ck, they turn up in broad daylight on a highway that is usually busy.. I can't tell you how disturbing that is, really.

I guess I am unusual in thinking how wonderful that for a short moment I can be amazed and astounded by mundane things that appear extraordinary in unique circumstances. I don't jump to extreme conclusions. I just assume I'm in a special natural moment.

A rocket launch filmed somewhere, not sure where. Probably a SpaceX launch, since you can see the booster rocket detach and try to land while the second stage continues the elevation.

This drone's noisy as hell but the design and piloting/air manoeuvres are insane and on a new level .. if more of these made, expect more misidentified as alien craft cell phone vids ..

150g 5inch LOS | To The - YouTube

A mysterious string of lights in the sky reported over California turned out to be the latest set of Starlink satellites SpaceX lofted to low earth orbit.
Mysterious lights in California sky were SpaceX satellites

A string of mysterious lights that set social media ablaze when they were spotted in the predawn sky over California's Bay Area were revealed to be the result of a recent SpaceX launch.

Twitter users shared photos early Thursday morning of the lights that were spotted over the Bay Area around 5:30 a.m., and theories included UFOs and other paranormal phenomenon. ...

The cause of the lights turned out to be something far more terrestrial in origin: the 60 Starlink satellites launched into the atmosphere by the SpaceX Starlink rocket two days earlier.

SpaceX said the satellites orbit the earth at a height that's 60 times closer than most satellites, making them visible in the night sky when they reflect light. ...

SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/0...nia-sky-were-SpaceX-satellites/9111613685872/

Yup. I managed to convince my neighbour back in spring last year that the series of lights passing overhead were UFOs.

Back