• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

His proceeds circa A.D. 33 would have been risking execution from some seriously unimpressed authorities. My guess is if he existed, he believed what he was saying.

Well, all this talk about Jesus has taken us well off thread. But we can get back on track by moving to the end of his story, the Ascension:

The Ascension of Jesus (anglicized from the Vulgate Latin Acts 1:9-11 section title: Ascensio Iesu) is the Christian teaching found in the New Testament that the resurrected Jesus was taken up to Heaven in his resurrected body, in the presence of eleven of his apostles, occurring 40 days after the resurrection. In the biblical narrative, an angel tells the watching disciples that Jesus' second coming will take place in the same manner as his ascension.[1]

The canonical gospels include two brief descriptions of the ascension of Jesus in Luke 24:50-53 and Mark 16:19. A more detailed account of Jesus' bodily Ascension into the clouds is then given in the Acts of the Apostles (1:9-11).

The ascension of Jesus is professed in the Nicene Creed and in the Apostles' Creed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascension_of_Jesus

So that thing seen in the sky was not a UFO, but Jesus!

But keep watching the skies, you may catch the second coming. Or a fireball. Or something...

A vertical take-off engine in his bottom?

According to some theologians, JC did not excrete. He may have been conserving thrust . . . :evil:

309F184700000578-3419473-image-a-157_1453913928872-777x437.jpg

Terrifying cloud formation above Portugal looks like a fist from Heaven
27 January, 2016

http://endtimeheadlines.org/2016/01...above-portugal-looks-like-a-fist-from-heaven/

I like the picture.

I do not like the amount of digital processing it may possibly have undergone.

By 'digital processing', are you including things like altering the contrast and colour saturation? The man who took the photo may simply have been improving it for publication. Most photos can be made to look better with a little tinkering, it doesn't have to suggest there was any trickery involved.

India's Roswell: First images of UFO shot down by air force revealed
THE Indian Air Force has released images of an unidentified flying object (UFO) shot down by a fighter jet.
By Jon Austin
PUBLISHED: 14:18, Thu, Jan 28, 2016 | UPDATED: 17:10, Thu, Jan 28, 2016

The balloon-like white object was intercepted by an Su-30 MKI fighter jet after it triggered a radar alert flying over Barmer, Rajistan, near the border with Pakistan, on Tuesday, as reported by Express.co.uk.
Now, officials are convinced it came across the border from Pakistan, and was not an extraterrestrial UFO as some alien investigators had suspected.
Government sources have told Indian media it was suspected it may contain a bomb, but no such device was found in the debris.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...images-of-UFO-shot-down-by-air-force-revealed

Most photos can be made to look better with a little tinkering, it doesn't have to suggest there was any trickery involved.
That's completely true. However, if an image is over-worked such that it looks markedly-different from it's original version, say by the selective sharpening and edge-blurring such as to create a simacrulum....then it's an artwork, purporting to be a real-life picture.

Note: I'm not categorically saying that this has happened here. But it does happen...

I see you and I'll raise you:
qcqthgerimytq00ks80h.jpg

Yesterday I sat on my balcony looking South-East. In 30 minutes (or so) I saw three satellites with my binoculars and two airplanes.

The satellites are an awesome sight: a point of light moving silently against a background of stars. They were all going in different directions. Impossible to determine which ones they were:
http://heavens-above.com/AllSats.aspx?lat=51.9244&lng=4.4777&loc=Rotterdam&alt=7&tz=CET

I also thought to see two light flashes in the night sky, but most probably that was an illusion caused by switching between binoculars and glasses. They weren't Iridium flares.

The one extremely bright (red?) star was probably Altair.

Better than sitting behind the computer :) I should do that more often.

I won't bore you with daily updates, but indulge me one more time :p This has some relevance for this subject: ufology theory says that people who know the sky well ((amateur) astronomers, weathermen etc.) usually don't see ufo's, while people that don't know the sky well (even police officers) mistake Venus for a mothership.

Because yesterday was a success I repeated the exercise last night. For two dollars I bought this great app which helped me determine what I was l looking at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/stellarium-mobile-sky-map/9nblggh1mxw0

This confirmed that I was looking at Altair. And at the constellations of Aquila and Sagitta. I saw four satellites crisscrossing the sky and two airplanes. Most of the airplanes pass on our kitchen side (NW) and not on the balcony side (SE).

While leaning over the balcony railing to look straight up at Vega I saw a meteorite! Surprisingly bright and so quick it was over before I became conscious of it. Never seen one before in the city. Our light pollution is so bad that with the naked eye I can only see Altair (0.76) and Vega (0.03). But with the binoculars I still can see very many stars.

Somebody saw something .. in North Walsham, Norfolk ..

"But, as he took his camera out to take a photograph, it disappeared in a puff of smoke." :cool:
Yes, that happens with a lot of sky phenomena. Running to the cupboard, taking out camera, pointing, focusing ... often the thing is gone before you can take a picture. I had this happen with birds, sundogs, weird clouds, airplanes, contrails, halo's, rainbows etc. Very frustrating.

From the comments: "Pretty much the same thing, seen from Felthorpe. I was too slow getting my camera out to catch the planes but you can still see the individual smoke trails ..."

Picked up on this clip on a Facebook militaria page. When you have all the information it's perfectly clear what's happening: it appears to be a re-enactment group with access to a WW2-vintage artillery piece putting up a demonstration with a blank charge. But let's say somebody was watching the sky from some distance away and witnessed an "anamolous phenemenon" of a large distant bang followed by a persistent weird smoke-ring rising in the air and lingering for some time. What would that observer, not in possession of the full facts, make of what they saw and how would they try to explain what they'd witnessed? (Or, for that matter, the chem-trails true believers...)

https://www.facebook.com/tony.grayson.750/videos/341985679479759/

While scanning the sky I was struck by this group of stars. It looks quite artificial, like a signpost in space :p
It took some time to find it online, but it has a name: The curious star group Cr 399, called the "Coathanger Cluster", is already visible in small binoculars.
The Coathanger isn't a real cluster, apparently; the stars are all at different distances, so this is just a chance alignment of unrelated stars. Interesting asterism, though.

Truly fascinating story:
http://www.thespacereview.com/article/3095/1

After launch, the enigma became even bigger. PAN was placed in a geostationary orbit and observations by amateur satellite trackers (including this author) from Europe and South Africa revealed very unusual behavior. Every few months—usually once every six months—PAN moved to a new position. In a mere four years time, it moved at least nine times to various longitudes scattering between 33 and 52.5 degrees east (see my blog post “Imaging Geostationary satellites, and PAN’s past relocations”). This costs fuel, and it is something you normally do not do with a geostationary satellite, as liberally spending fuel drastically shortens the satellite’s operational lifetime. In late 2013, the relocations suddenly stopped and PAN has remained at longitude 47.7 degrees east. This active stationkeeping at this longitude means it must still be operational, although the satellite obviously has ended its previous roving state. All very mysterious! What was this spacecraft doing?

Amateur satellite trackers first formulated this idea a few years ago, based on the unusual behavior of the satellite. They noted that each time PAN moved to a new location, it was placed close to a commercial geosynchronous satellite for satellite telephony.

Back