• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

ADIFO isn't a UFO although it looks like one .. this is the prototype, a promotional video is in the link.

adifo.png

https://newatlas.com/adifo-flying-saucer-romanian/58999/

ADIFO isn't a UFO although it looks like one .. this is the prototype, a promotional video is in the link. https://newatlas.com/adifo-flying-saucer-romanian/58999/

This saucer-shaped drone might be a proof-of-concept model for future human-built flying saucers. Or it might not; looks good, though.

I wish I had the spare change to justify cool toys like these. Nice finds Eburacum and Skinny.

I suppose given my druthers I would get one of these tho:

Ok I’m not sure where to put this. But I saw the art work today and I thought it might be appreciated by fans of the other worldly.

https://www.saatchiart.com/art/New-Media-Lightbox-Limited-Edition-3-of-10/70388/3648180/view

It was on a light box so looked even better in real life.

I have seen one of those in real life MA...the odd thing was that the cone of light wasn't just turned off, it was retracted into the thing that was not a UFO - it just got smaller and smaller.

Dark below, then the cone of light gradually getting smaller. Rather odd, to say the least.

You really need to circle it, perhaps with an arrow or two pointing at it, and set it to spooky music and apply some contrasting image filters. :cool:
And then upload a 40 minute YouTube video............

Would you prefer flying ants showing up on weather radar across southern England?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-49023143

No offence but where I'm from, flying ants means that it will rain immediately.

It's the 80 mile by 80 mile cloud of ladybirds, and the density needed to pick up that on radar. I have never seen a cloud of ladybirds - the only mob of insects I've ever seen in quantities anywhere near that density is travelling locusts.

No offence but where I'm from, flying ants means that it will rain immediately.

It's the 80 mile by 80 mile cloud of ladybirds, and the density needed to pick up that on radar. I have never seen a cloud of ladybirds - the only mob of insects I've ever seen in quantities anywhere near that density is travelling locusts.

You can get swarms of just about any kind of insect, and I remember ladybird swarms from my youth (greenfly, too).

To be honest, as much as I say I do like ladybirds, the sheer numbers involved in a swarm of this size and magnatude fills me with sheer terror!

You can get swarms of just about any kind of insect, and I remember ladybird swarms from my youth (greenfly, too).

I'm aware that insects swarm GNC - you should come to the Top End just prior to The Wet and check out the dragonflies, also, large flying ants anywhere in Australia...but a cloud of any insect 80 miles by 80 miles, and the density needed to appear on radar...I'd rather believe that there was an anomaly picked up on radar that was due to atmospheric conditions, or that the weather radar situation was a little bit hows your father...

It wasn't long ago that we could read in the papers about the extinction of garden insects due to certain farming practices in Europe, and now we have an area of 4,096,000 acres, consisting of ladybirds flying above 5,000 feet, with a density of these miniscule insects sufficient to be picked up by radar.

I would've thought that the shape of a ladybirds carapace would've reduced a radar signature too...and how did they know what insect it was at that height, unless they mobilised and went up there.

My theory is that something appeared back at the station on the radar display, and rather than say that the radar wasn't working to its best capacity, instead, they said that there was a swarm of ladybirds 80x80 miles, or flying ants that extended from London, down past Plymouth.

More believable. Innit.

I'm aware that insects swarm GNC - you should come to the Top End just prior to The Wet and check out the dragonflies, also, large flying ants anywhere in Australia...but a cloud of any insect 80 miles by 80 miles, and the density needed to appear on radar...I'd rather believe that there was an anomaly picked up on radar that was due to atmospheric conditions, or that the weather radar situation was a little bit hows your father...

It wasn't long ago that we could read in the papers about the extinction of garden insects due to certain farming practices in Europe, and now we have an area of 4,096,000 acres, consisting of ladybirds flying above 5,000 feet, with a density of these miniscule insects sufficient to be picked up by radar.

I would've thought that the shape of a ladybirds carapace would've reduced a radar signature too...and how did they know what insect it was at that height, unless they mobilised and went up there.

My theory is that something appeared back at the station on the radar display, and rather than say that the radar wasn't working to its best capacity, instead, they said that there was a swarm of ladybirds 80x80 miles, or flying ants that extended from London, down past Plymouth.

More believable. Innit.
You do have a massive point there and I agree that the ladybird explanation was invented as a smoke screen. It was probably swamp gasses reflected off saturn lol. Very very very strange!

More believable. Innit.

I can't speak for the reliability of their tech, but I believe in ladybirds more than I believe in UFOs, and also can't see the point in falsely claiming to cover up for a little glitch. And insects do fly very high, higher than many birds.

You do have a massive point there and I agree that the ladybird explanation was invented as a smoke screen. It was probably swamp gasses reflected off saturn lol. Very very very strange!

Mmmmyeeesss.......swamp gas reflected of Saturn...that'll do Fotheringale! Eh Wat!

I can't speak for the reliability of their tech, but I believe in ladybirds more than I believe in UFOs, and also can't see the point in falsely claiming to cover up for a little glitch. And insects do fly very high, higher than many birds.

Well...I hesitate to bring this up but if you go back to 'incredible TR3B UFO video Footage?' #6, you find a description of a UFO sighting that I had, so, I reckon that I'd be seen as a hostile witness possibly GNC when it comes to believing in insects over UFO's.

A long time ago I was a market gardener who used the 'organic method' in growing produce - I knew that a southerly would blow in Aphid, or that aphid would appear on the roses and broccoli with a predominant southerly wind, and rather than spray garlic or an oil based spray, I could wait for a westerly or northerly wind which would blow in ladybirds whose larvae would obliterate aphid.

I am aware of insects catching winds to move to new territory, even spiders crossing oceans, but I have never seen anything as dense as that which would show up on a radar display

Just a thought. Each and every one of those flying ants are either fertile males, or females...so Southern England can expect massive numbers of new ant colonies, stretching from London, down to Southampton by this late summer...shouldn't you, and why weren't any of the cloud picked up over the sea...the cloud of ants was delineated by the southern coast of England.

Must've heard about the ant eggs...

A cloud of ladybirds...80 miles by 80 miles...flying at an altitude of 5,000 - 9,000 feet?

FAIR DINKUM??!!

More like "Fairy Bunkum" ...

The Twitter item you cited was wildly exaggerating the size of the ladybug swarm (called a "bloom"). It extended over an area approximately 10 miles across, not any 80 miles.

See this NPR news item from the time this occurred:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/06/7302...-it-showed-up-on-national-weather-service-rad

The National Weather Service confirmed the relatively diffuse radar returns correlated with a ladybug bloom by contacting a weather watcher who made a direct observation of the bloom in flight.

Maybe, maybe not...

Illuminated Skydivers Spark Mass 'UFO' Sighting Over Ohio?
Numerous residents of the Cincinnati area thought they'd seen a string of UFOs on Saturday night thanks to a strange string of glowing lights that were likely just an illuminated skydiving show. The odd event occurred at around 9:30 in the evening when four mystifying orbs suddenly appeared in the night sky. Remarkably, unlike similar cases in which only one witness manages to film such an event, this particular incident saw several individuals capture the scene with their cell phones.
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-illuminated-skydivers-spark-mass-ufo-sighting-over-ohio

Back