• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things that are supposed to put hairs on your chest?

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
When I was growing up my stepfather always claimed Newcastle Brown Ale put hairs on your chest... probably why I always avoided it.

But what other things are rumoured to put hairs on your chest?

No, breadcrusts make your hair curly.

I never once heard the expression "that'll put hair on your chest" as anything other than an approving joke about how strong it was. Putting hair on your chest was making you more manly, so anything with a big kick to it was eligible, from alcohol to five-alarm chili.

As Peni said, although I'll add that I've heard the myth that milk on a smooth face or chest promotes hair growth.

SALT!

1. Rub salt on chest.
2. Place glass of water next to bed and pretend to be asleep.
3. When hairs get thirsty and come out for drink of water, grab hair and tie knot, stopping hair from returning back into chest.

I, of course, haven't tried this, as I think that any man with hair sprouting out of their chest / back/ face is closer to the monkeys than the rest of us more evolved humans

PeniG said:
No, breadcrusts make your hair curly.

Well, my Grandad always said eating my crusts would put hair on my chest.
As I didn't like the crusts and I didn't want hair on my chest, it was a no-brainer - I always left my crusts...

What will eating hair put on your chest?

1) toast crusts, not just regular bread crusts
2) eggs, especially runny ones

Back