Things That Make You Go... WTF?

emmbob

Devoted Cultist
I couldn't watch it all the way through.... he was so spectacular it made my eyes hurt.

AvlinWitchslicer

Devoted Cultist
Robbie Williams, I hated him anyway but my brother wants to be him so my hate is now in another league as well as thinking :wtf:

rynner2

Great Old One
I expect we've all encountered people on mobile phones saying
"Hi! I'm on the bus!"

Tonight I experienced this, but then I realised the caller was gesticulating through the bus window....

He was talking to a cab driver in the taxi rank, just ten yards away!
:wtf: indeed!

disgruntledgoth

Devoted Cultist
My brother makes me go :wtf: He is a chav and tries to act all hard and tough, and tries to do the whole chest out I'm bigger than you intimidation thing then as soon as you step towards or poke him in the ribs (honestly) he starts whining. He also is very slow when it comes to telling him a joke, I was watching Monty Pythons Amazing Flying Circus and there was the old joke of "I don't like all this sex on T.V, I keep falling off" and for half an hour he was telling me to explain the joke to him then he shouts out "I get it", the proceeds to explain the joke to me. He just generally makes me go w.t.f.

Graylien

Justified and Ancient
I'm currently compiling a series of clips from the Ninja movies of Godfrey Ho. An important task, I'm sure you'll agree. In the meantime, know this:

Charles is Here

(Format: Wmv, Size: 2.6MB)

Mighty_Emperor

Beloved of Ra
graylien said:
I'm currently compiling a series of clips from the Ninja movies of Godfrey Ho. An important task, I'm sure you'll agree. [/url]

(Format: Wmv, Size: 2.6MB)
I congratulate you on this endeavour. The Garfield phone, tiny robots and knives stucking out ot (unhamed) crabs - and thats just The Ninja Terminator (or was it Ninja Squad?)!!

Can I direct you to this discussion on who Ho is (you may need to be registerd):

http://hkmdb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=42261

AvlinWitchslicer

Devoted Cultist
Yes people on their mobile phones make me go :wtf: all the time, from hearing an Aussie in 2001 when I went to London for a visit, on the tube saying to people beside her (after saying "Hello, are you there" into her mobile for a minute) "My phone's not working, why isn't it working"....then it rang and went on and off in the same cycle a few times....one, was she really that stupid, and two didn't she realise that you don't talk on the tube....at all?!? She might've lived in London because most pubs I've been in there had an Aussie lol.
The other time was on the train from Temple Meads to Parkway and this annoying girl wouldn't shut the **** up at all, she's was blah,blah,blah all the time and then I noticed her leg was in plaster and then I started hearing her voice rather than a noise "Yeah we were playing rugby and they lifted me up in the lineout and just dropped me, yeah it's happened before...." I'm not bloody surprised!! So that added to the fact that I was going to a swanky hotel (well sneaking in) where my girlfriend was staying for work made my day!!
Oh yeah, people who go into the town centre and stop to chat in big groups and take up the whole of the pavement, it's a "shopping centre" so get out of my way (I go into the centre on when I have to and don't want any detours) if you want to chat do it on the road....and finally for this time I have to put....adverts for chocolate, do they ever, EVER, convince anyone who wouldn't eat chocolate to suddenly start now, you see a 7 stone woman eating chocolate, does anyone think that she eats it in real life?!? I think half my life I'm thinking :wtf: :shock: 8)

MercuryCrest

Justified & Ancient
:wtf:
The other day I was crossing a not-busy street, with the walk signal clearly in front of me and some guy, while I was a foot in front of his car, deliberately starts moving forward, against the light, against the traffic, against all reason, and then, suddenly, against my leg. The second his car touched me he noticed that I was standing right in front of him, staring. Just staring. I then saw the cellphone in his left hand. What I wouldn't give to have had the balls to pull him out of his car and try to run him over. God, what a douche!

AvlinWitchslicer

Devoted Cultist
Oh yeah the other thing I noticed in London was that more than once a mother wanting to cross a busy road would stick her pushchair with her kid in onto the road to try to stop the cars! Look love, if you're that desperate to cross over stick yourself in the road and not your kid :wtf:

svart

Junior Acolyte
I was watching the morning news and they were covering the funeral of the first Aussie killed in Iraq, (there is still an investigation into the circumstances) also the wrong body was originally sent to Australia. Anyway the newsreader crossed to the reporter covering the funeral with the comment "There seems to be a sombre mood over the town. Do you think the events of the past week might have someting to do with it?"

Shot of reporter with a WTF look on his face. "I'd think that was fairly obvious....."

AvlinWitchslicer

Devoted Cultist
Yes you get the feeling that newsreaders try to cover 3 stories in their head at once and just don't listen to what the reporter's saying, like when someone's talking to you on the phone but they're trying to watch the tv at the same time. People are a bit tactless at times when it's "just a death" rather than someone they know who's died, when I see my Gran for my fortnightly visit she often opens up with "You want a cuppa tea? Guess who's died?" but I love her anyway...lol...I've also noticed that people don't like to queue as much as before, you ask if someone's at the end of the bus queue and they look at you as if you've just murdered their favourite puppy, blimey I'm not pushing in, I'm making sure that I don't!! Plus it's usually a dozen people on a 52 seater coach, I don't think we'll be sitting 3 to a seat like my schooldays.... :shock:

Leaferne

Justified & Ancient
Rather reminiscent of the sort of crap we used to churn out in high school art class. :? Are people really that deluded that they'd put it online and expect praise to roll in?!

AvlinWitchslicer

Devoted Cultist
As a kid "3-2-1" made me go "I don't get this" but watching repeats of it a few years ago made me think :wtf: bigtime!!

Mighty_Emperor

Beloved of Ra
Quite impressively this combines two WTFs:

www.thevelvethottub.com/2006/05/jolie-t ... birth.html

1. What is Angelina Jolie thinking about?

2. What is going on in that awful Eurodance - there is an outbreak of Philidelphia Experiment trippiness and then a party erupts on the plane with the world's worst break dancing and some Wayne's World-esque headbanging. I am genuinely in awe of our Scandinavian cousins.

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
Given some of the suggestions we have had so far, I doubt our reception will need any more "livening up"! :lol:

Graylien

Justified and Ancient
Mighty_Emperor said:
2. What is going on in that awful Eurodance - there is an outbreak of Philidelphia Experiment trippiness and then a party erupts on the plane with the world's worst break dancing and some Wayne's World-esque headbanging.
Just after the plane enters the dimensional rift, you briefly see a couple of young guys in blue uniforms emerge from the direction of the pilot's cabin and start getting on down. I think these might be the younger versions of the two elderly pilots.

Anyway, here's E-Type partying at Camp Crystal: Angels Crying.

gridban

Devoted Cultist
on the mobile phone wtf theme... this happened last summer... I was on a bus and there was a young woman (late teens I'd guess) talking loudly on her phone, as usual seemingly oblivious to the fact that everyone could hear her, and at one point in the conversation she said "beware of boys with short torsos"... the whole bus cracked up laughing... and she still didn't even notice!

Mighty_Emperor

Beloved of Ra
Short torsos eh?

I have short legs for my height - when I was being measured for a suit the nice man at the shop had to keep measuring my inside leg as he was so suprised at its length. That's what he said anyway.

Unfortunately I think I make up for the height with my large head and not with an impressively long torso - anyone got any idea how short one's torso would have to be to start causing concern? I suspect its all down to the golden mean etc. but still...

barfing_pumpkin

Abominable Snowman
A piece of graffitti I once saw in Portsmouth:

'Dave [something-or-other] is a fucking sort.'

And that was it. Just that.

:wtf:

AvlinWitchslicer

Devoted Cultist
Yes I have short legs but I think I'm just short anyway at 5' 7" (ish) and so far the only thing that I've heard that short legs are good for is "You've must've a low centre of gravity then" :wtf: If it'd been a woman saying that to me she wouldn't have pulled lol :lol: 8)