Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Probably an eejit doing a Youtube dare for ratings.

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
Something must be very wrong with this woman. The title of the video says "More Trump Administration Sonic Program". She thinks the Trump administration is using a sonic weapon against her.

You might want to reduce the volume to a minimum while watching. I was almost considering posting it in the Trump thread on the Conspiracy forum.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Something must be very wrong with this woman. The title of the video says "More Trump Administration Sonic Program". She thinks the Trump administration is using a sonic weapon against her.

You might want to reduce the volume to a minimum while watching. I was almost considering posting it in the Trump thread on the Conspiracy forum.

"You know that nobody could make that face on their own .. they have a man doing this to me." .. well I believe her ..

Reminds me of a shout we were called to a few years ago, our patient was thrashing around on the floor so we all thought epilepsy .. the patient's carer turned up and confirmed that epilepsy could be an issue, the patient was also slamming their hand violently on the floor so I did a sort of one potato two potato thing underneath it to reduce any damage then got a co workers jacket underneath there instead.

The paramedics turned up and one said "Well, if this is epilepsy, it's the most co ordinated attack I've ever seen."

We all looked at each other, groaned then drifted away and .. surprise surprise .. the patient made a miraculous recovery almost immediately.

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

Actually barking mad!
I'm guessing extreme Tourette's.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Swifty

Reaction score
Her main complaint is about her hotel being changed at the last minute for one unsuitable to her mobility needs. She should have shut up after that!
Yeah, fair point .. they shouldn't have done that.

Swifty

Reaction score
5 men who voluntarily stood under a nuclear explosion 3 km over their heads

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Nobody would volunteer for that today.
All of those men and the cameraman died of cancer.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
5 men who voluntarily stood under a nuclear explosion 3 km over their heads

This was supposed to be the concluding episode of Last of the summer Wine but they couldn't get all the characters to fit in a fridge.

Swifty

Reaction score
This was supposed to be the concluding episode of Last of the summer Wine but they couldn't get all the characters to fit in a fridge.
It saves money on a hair dryer.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently the 'trick' is that the playing card is made of metal and notched, but that doesn't really negate the skill involved here.

ezgif-5-4f2db2f3c0.gif

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
The Furby Organ

/ no not that Furby Organ you perverts
That really is the stuff of nightmares. I'll go back to some nice relaxing ghost pictures.

Swifty

Reaction score
The devil incarnate, himself..

View attachment 11309
There's a trick you can do with apples .. cut strips of sellotape so you can write a word with them and stick them on a still growing apple, the apple keeps growing but the bits with the sellotape don't as quickly so you can eventually peel the tape off and have a message on it .. perhaps even a rude word if you feel like it.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
There's a trick you can do with apples .. cut strips of sellotape so you can write a word with them and stick them on a still growing apple, the apple keeps growing but the bits with the sellotape don't as quickly so you can eventually peel the tape off and have a message on it .. perhaps even a rude word if you feel like it.
I saw that done with silver foil on Blue Peter in about 1970!

Or was it 'How!'?

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I think that perhaps Blue Peter and How used the same tv studio
I doubt that. How! was made by Southern Television, not the BBC.

The style was pretty utilitarian in those days when a 26" square(ish) b & w image was the biggest you could get. Projection models did exist but few homes boasted those! :comphit:

I see How! had a pretty good innings, lasting from 1966 to 1981. I suppose it would now be condemned as cultural appropriation for its use of Native American music and hand-signals!

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Fred Dineage stayed down South. He does the news on Meridian now.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Youngest daughter's husband has just started part time work now their toddler is 14 months after being stay at home carer, so daughter registered for the new whiz bang Government scheme which is supposed to pay part of childcare costs.
She received a letter saying the percentage she was entitled to for NO hours.
After trying for 30 minutes she got onto someone and explained and he went off for another 15 minutes to find out.
Came back and said there was a computer glitch but she could claim back next year at taxtime.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Public domain photograph and attributed as:

'The engineers of the Forth bridge demonstrate the principles of the cantilever construction by sitting on kitchen chairs. Sir John Fowler and Sir Benjamin Baker with their arms stretched out support Kaichi Watanabe sitting on a seat in the air between them. 1887'.

17984912230_224123d436_o.jpg

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Nvidia prices for the rtx 2080 video cards and no consumer video card should cost 1000+ these are not pro cards.