Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
He really is an outstanding actor. I think he made that because he hopes that he'll be back on the screen. That may mean he's fairly confident of winning the case.
He's been accused and charged. Neither makes him guilty.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
We don't seem to have discussed Kevin Spacey's in-character video defence--and then he was charged the indecent assault and battery.

What on earth was the logic?

Must say, good or bad, the man can really act.
Well that was weird.

Found a good comment at YT:
This is like the video version of OJ’s “If I Did It” book...except creepier.

That was a drag, losing one of my favorite actors. I sometimes wondered why he was so good at playing a flaming asshole.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
We don't seem to have discussed Kevin Spacey's in-character video defence--and then he was charged the indecent assault and battery.

What on earth was the logic?

Must say, good or bad, the man can really act.
I think it’s an epic failure of judgement. It looks like he’s playing his ego against public opinion but it just looks crass.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I read there's apparently another video, taken by the victim, of Spacey committing the crime. Funny how Kev didn't release that one himself.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Conviction's the only time when someone's been found guilty but yeah, if he's trying to stick up for himself and he knows he's innocent, fair play to the man but doing it in this way is unusual.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
...there's apparently another video, taken by the victim, of Spacey committing the crime.
Well, that’s not odd.

We must infer that the potential future involuntary bummee considered two options:

a) I’m scheduled for a private meeting with Kevin Spacey, and l have reason to believe that he may fruit me up against my will. I must remember to set up a concealed video camera to record events, in order to confirm my darkest fears.

Or:

b) I’m scheduled for a private meeting with Kevin Spacey, and l have reason to believe that he may fruit me up against my will. I’m not fucking going.

Being old-fashioned, l’d select option (b).

Am l behind the times?

maximus otter

Peripart

Antediluvian
I think that option "b" would be considered by the thought police to be an act of victim-blaming. You should be ashamed.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Just walked by the mustbefinishedsoonshirley spurs stadium, there are serious looking bollards, sometimes a double row, at strategic points, i presume to stop bombslingers mowing down the fans as they leave the stadium, but what shocked me was the two security staff and the metal detector outside the spurs shop,there was a group of fans going through airline style security checks. It has been a long time since i went to a football match, is this normal now? if so our ancestors should have stayed in the trees.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
The creatures were spotted in 2017. A year later, a bridge collapses.

It can only be Mothman! And his brother. :willy:

The video turns up on a number of sites and it looks genuine enough. It has attracted little comment, so far as I can see. One person dismissed the creatures as human dare-devils with some fancy kit but no one has offered to replicate the stunt!

Intriguing! :thought:

Last edited:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Absolutely need to know what you're highlighting here!
It was a very short story to accompany a video of some debris:

"A bulldozer worked to remove debris from Kiev’s Shulyavska bridge after parts of the overpass collapsed on the evening of Monday, February 27. The closure of the bridge disrupted traffic in the area and rubble damaged one car but no one was injured in the incident, according to Ukrainian newspaper Segodnya."

It's probably not the bridge of the creatures but it is in Kiev! :)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Friend was showing myself these videos earlier. Not sure if it's well known - I certainty haven't heard of it before.

Question being: WTF is that seemingly crawling underneath the bridge?

That's just Karen Kitchener. She did the same thing on our pier a few weeks ago:

https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/...M8QXWSL59ba7e78KnnlnNT48LfdMzvNi1IKrwF97YuMp4

(more likely, it was someone with a go pro trying to get likes on a youtube channel IMO .. that or a druggie)

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
I think it's just a parkour/free climber person doing their stuff,
I've previously posted footage of same, major difference which instantly comes to mind is that it was intrinsic to video such exploits and publicise them.. That was, indeed, the entire point of it all...

My first thought as well, though... Just doesn't seem a comfortable explanation. :dunno:

Last edited:

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Well, that’s not odd.

We must infer that the potential future involuntary bummee considered two options:

a) I’m scheduled for a private meeting with Kevin Spacey, and l have reason to believe that he may fruit me up against my will. I must remember to set up a concealed video camera to record events, in order to confirm my darkest fears.

Or:

b) I’m scheduled for a private meeting with Kevin Spacey, and l have reason to believe that he may fruit me up against my will. I’m not fucking going.

Being old-fashioned, l’d select option (b).

Am l behind the times?

maximus otter
He didn't use a concealed camera. He used his phone.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Question being: WTF is that seemingly crawling underneath the bridge?
I’m suspicious.

We’re looking at traffic, then suddenly and for no apparent reason the camera pans about 150 degrees and snaps onto the bridge. We see a convincing-looking WTF? brachiating along the underside of said bridge. The microphone is live as we hear traffic noise, yet not a word from the cameraman. Where is the Ukrainian for “What the hell is that?

Also, why does the cameraman make no attempt to zoom in on the unknown?

maximus otter