Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Lord Lucan

Ephemeral Spectre
Another one from History's Dumpster blog. It has also appeared on Reddit and Pinterest.

Trying to verify whether it actually exists in China or anywhere except the internet brings up graphic descriptions of vulva issues!

View attachment 13917

:buck:

To confuse the issue, Yantai is a real Chinese wine-producer but the name has been used fraudulently on toxic whisky, which contains methanol!:puke2:
If I had to drink it, I'd rather a Red Labial over a Green or Blue one. Yikes!

Last edited:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I've been doing an online satisfaction survey - can anyone tell me how I can register for the prize draw without entering any personal information?

View attachment 13945
NAME: Secret Squirrel

EMAIL ADRESS: (a new one you've created and only then from an internet café or library)

?

Already on sale and a scourge in Scotland, mate, albeit the Monks absolve themselves of any responsibility...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/buckfast-monks-rake-record-88m-9456590
That story reads like something from the script of a lost "Still Game" episode:

"The teenager then smashed one of the Buckie bottles over another boy's head*.
The case prompted the Sheriff to blast the drink and blame it for sparking rammies."
:)

* Note to subs: that's 'heed', surely?

Shady

WHOOOOOOO ARE YOU?

catseye

For the greater good
I have mixed feelings about the British consular services overseas. Each experience of passing through their services has been smooth and timely. New passport, registering marriage, registering a birth: all done professionally.

My complaint is that they seem to have reconfigured their offices solely to deal with business/investment and the promotion of UK education. These things are important (I wholly agree), but there are more important services. It used to be the case that long-term overseas residents would register with the embassy to receive important updates; on attempting to update my contact details a number of years back I was told that they no longer retain lists and I should monitor the FCO website and the embassy Twitter account.

I'm a low-demand expat. If I am seeking advice or assistance from the British Embassy, it is perfectly possible that a catastrophe of a sufficient magnititude to threaten Internet access has occurred. I also question the wisdom of relying on a private company with its own political interests for vital government communications.

How about just keep a list of names and numbers in case? Is the bookshelf dangerously overcrowded?

I won't start on passport costs. That's down to the FCO.
A Dutch friend who lives here in North Yorkshire used to be able to go to Hull to renew her Dutch passport (A journey of maybe half a day). They've now closed all the regional centres and she has to go to London (a two day journey, or one very very long day and expensive train ride). So it's not just the British...

Comfortably Numb

Numbingly Comfortable