Things That Make You Go... WTF?

catseye

For the greater good
I thought about that... in which case they are oddly out of alignment with the body of the brick. Historical/archaeological bricks tend to be uniformish at least within the batch I think? So the unpleasantness with this solution would be that they are a ;load of friday afternoon specials and about to collapse! I am wondering if we are looking at the right hand edge of a fireplace opening which would make more sense of teh rest of it.

I think the photographer is sitting on it? isn't seen in the mirror for example. Which means that there's a looooooong stretch to the paper!
Thats what I was thinking - the loo looks to be a hell of a long way from the paper!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Where the hell is the toilet?
... I think the photographer is sitting on it? isn't seen in the mirror for example. Which means that there's a looooooong stretch to the paper!
Nope - the photographer isn't sitting on it. The door latch visible in the upper right is the latch visible in the mirror. If the photographer's sitting on the toilet it's located in the middle of the doorway.

Look in the mirror above the sink. It appears there's a niche or space behind and to the left of the photographer's position. I'm guessing that's where the toilet is.

This location would still make for a long reach to get to the paper roll (unless the roll installed to the left of the sink is intended for 'general' (non-toilet) use).

Last edited:

catseye

For the greater good
In which case you are going to have your knees up against the towel heater whilst sitting down... why isn't the toilet roll dispenser on the other wall )ie beside the toilet? I can understand having a 'non toilet related' toilet roll (make up remover, etc) but not having it hanging off a toilet roll holder! I realise I may be a little bit overinvested in this toilet positioning, and that I have moved away from the original 'holey brick' wtf...

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Is there an adult toilet in the room at all? The bog-roll may be there to facilitate nappy-changing and potty-training. I think I can spot Sudocrem in the kit-bag along with what may be an inflatable seat for a bucket-arrangement.

I think this may be the pattern.

sudocrem.jpg

Maybe the dots record a child's success with some reward for each successful poo? :dpoo:

Looking more closely, the dots, when blown up, look less like holes in the brick than arrays of blocky pixells on the image. :confused:

It's probably not a music-roll.

Last edited:
Andy,

This has proved to be puzzling.

Most certainty a phrase I've never heard of and would expert otherwise.

One suggestion is that 'windae' is not referring to a window, instead it's related to the hurdy-gurdy being a musical instrument which requires to be 'hand cranked' - as in a 'windy (*wyndy*) box'.

Hmmm, not sure about that...

There is a debate about whether the lyrics are, 'in the windae boxes', or, 'all the windae boxes'. If the latter, makes more sense.

Anyway, as an aside, searching online, naturally came across references to Donavan's song, 'Hurdy Gurdy Man'.

One thing that leapt out was a mention Donavan being a Scottish singer-songwriter.

Dinnae think so... must be an error.

Part of the soundtrack from my youngling years, would surely have known if that was the case.

Duly check this out and stunned to find that he was born in Maryhill, Glasgow...

Alex, I was 'born and bred' in Maryhill...

If anyone would like to experience the sound of a hurdy gurdy, check this out:

Another revelation from my adventures...! :p

Oh, I'm well familiar with the hurdy gurdy and nearly bought one (in need of repair) at a flea market years ago, along with a perfectly servicable zither.

To this day I regret my decision to spend the money going to Nandos or somewhere with an Australian girl who had entranced me romantically.

I suspect Jack's little ditty may be one of those comedy mysteries that was created to be deliberately unsolvable, along with whatever's in Alan's drawer at the Travel Tavern.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
This might have gone in the US Gun Control thread but that's been locked...

An armed US cop is called out to a disturbance involving dogs and ends up shooting one of them in the face. Pit bull? Rottweiler? Perhaps a mastiff? Nope, a chihuahua. Known for their size and viciousness, obvs! Somewhat surprisingly the dog survived! The officer is on leave and probably ought not to answer his phone or check social media for a while...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ihuahua-arkansas-keenan-wallace-a8715041.html

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
This might have gone in the US Gun Control thread but that's been locked...

An armed US cop is called out to a disturbance involving dogs and ends up shooting one of them in the face. Pit bull? Rottweiler? Perhaps a mastiff? Nope, a chihuahua. Known for their size and viciousness, obvs! Somewhat surprisingly the dog survived! The officer is on leave and probably ought not to answer his phone or check social media for a while...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ihuahua-arkansas-keenan-wallace-a8715041.html
He's been sacked.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
John McAfee, who has never been convicted of murder or rape but may have enjoyed carnal pleasure with a whale, is running for U.S. President in 2020 and has chosen his campaign manager. I have no knowledge of his beliefs or skills, but I feel he has chosen well.

DLEY0ph.jpg

Last edited:
John McAfee, who has never been convicted of murder or rape but may have enjoyed carnal pleasure with a whale, is running for U.S. President in 2020 and has chosen his campaign manager. I have no knowledge of his beliefs or skills, but I feel he has chosen well.
Was it a Sperm Whale and did he do it on Porpoise?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
There was a politician at least a couple of decades ago who was caught rubbing himself up against a dolphin or something similar .. or it was a load of bollocks to sell a newspaper? .. in Bournemouth as I remember it.

Last edited:
There's one in kit form on Amazon from a company called Ugears for about 65 quid. 100% positive reviews mainly focus on the satisfaction gained in the modelling process, not so much on how it sounds.
Is there now?? I'd be interested even if it's not the Strad / Strat of Gurdys as am quite keen on medieval music. God, I wish I'd bought that futuristic zither, bah!

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Police in the US state of Arizona have launched a sexual assault investigation amid reports a patient in a vegetative state for a decade gave birth. The woman is a patient in a clinic run by Hacienda HealthCare near Phoenix. Hacienda HealthCare gave no details but said it was aware of a "deeply disturbing incident". A local CBS station said the baby was healthy and quoted a source as saying that staff had been unaware the woman was pregnant.

Continued Here:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46768242
This response (posted under 'insanepeople' on Reddit) is also WTF? worthy.

6lst70s2gk921.jpg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
This response (posted under 'insanepeople' on Reddit) is also WTF? worthy.

View attachment 14130
That seems like such a contradiction - this person is intelligent enough to use a computer but not sufficiently intelligent to apply logic and look for the most obvious explanation. Does not compute!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
(mods, please remove this post if you feel it's inappropriate)

I've never hit a woman thank God and I hope I never have to, I've only ever had two women physically threaten me: the first was a young woman who pulled a knife on me in someone's flat over twenty years ago for no reason at all, I thought I was in danger so I jumped on her in self defence held down both her arms and told her to drop the knife until she did. Then I left. The second was a young woman my flatmate brought back who was crazy and stood in the corner of the room scowling at me (again for no reason) until she decided to pick up a zippo lighter and throw it at my crotch .. I just said good shot (it was a good shot to be fair but it hurt) and left the room .. later on, she ordered me out of my living room when I accidently walked in on them having sex on my chair .. they broke that chair .. but again, I was able to walk out .. phew! ..

Women hits man, man hits woman back on the NYC subway, this video states both were charged .. him for assault and her for a felony because she used her high heel shoe as a weapon .. a talkbacker to this video states that the charges were later dropped against the man .. I don't know if that last part is true, maybe they took into consideration the fact that it would have been almost impossible for him to walk away from it on a subway train so self defence was justifiable?