Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
(mods, please remove this post if you feel it's inappropriate)

I've never hit a woman thank God and I hope I never have to, I've only ever had two women physically threaten me: the first was a young woman who pulled a knife on me in someone's flat over twenty years ago for no reason at all, I thought I was in danger so I jumped on her in self defence held down both her arms and told her to drop the knife until she did. Then I left. The second was a young woman my flatmate brought back who was crazy and stood in the corner of the room scowling at me (again for no reason) until she decided to pick up a zippo lighter and throw it at my crotch .. I just said good shot (it was a good shot to be fair but it hurt) and left the room .. later on, she ordered me out of my living room when I accidently walked in on them having sex on my chair .. they broke that chair .. but again, I was able to walk out .. phew! ..

Women hits man, man hits woman back on the NYC subway, this video states both were charged .. him for assault and her for a felony because she used her high heel shoe as a weapon .. a talkbacker to this video states that the charges were later dropped against the man .. I don't know if that last part is true, maybe they took into consideration the fact that it would have been almost impossible for him to walk away from it on a subway train so self defence was justifiable?

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Oh dear, what could possibly go wrong?! Apparently people are emulating the film Bird Box, recently shown on Netflix, and wandering around blindfold. Oh dear. Wait for the first entry to the 2019 Darwin Awards...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...d-box-challenge-meme-sandra-bullock-blindfold
Here you go...
'Bird Box Challenge': Teen crashes after driving car blindfolded
A teenage driver has crashed into another car after pulling her hat over her eyes as part of the so-called "Bird Box Challenge".
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/bird...rashes-after-driving-car-blindfolded-11605317
:bored:

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
I think that was a "meme" started by Netflix as advertising, I hope they get sued. Also, stupid people, eliminating themselves from the gene pool.

Win/win.

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Yeah, the creatures show you your worst fears or something and "good" people kill themselves and "bad" ones kill others. It's an inherently uncinematic premise, the protagonists can't look at the creatures so blindfold themselves outdoors, which looks ludicrous and is a different thing from the axiom of of "always keep your monster in the shadows". Apparently it's generally poorly executed too.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Sorry, that is all I can report, he told me some things that later turned out to be true, but he didn't spill the beans on serious stuff because that would bring down the monarchy. (He thought that would be a bad thing)
His name wasn't George or Stuart was it?

Ogdred Weary

Cosmically Triggered
Sorry, that is all I can report, he told me some things that later turned out to be true, but he didn't spill the beans on serious stuff because that would bring down the monarchy. (He thought that would be a bad thing)
What were the things he told you that turned out to be true?

titch

Justified & Ancient
Just that Charlie was a dirty bugger who was shagging camilla and di had an eating disorder (this was before it was common knowledge)

Even Ryanair wouldn't do this. TUI tried to fob the family off with £30 compensation.

A family returning from holiday found they had no seats once they had boarded their plane and spent part of the flight sitting on the floor.

Despite having boarding passes, the Taylor family found empty spaces where their seats should have been. The family, from Alcester, Warwickshire, had paid £1,300 and were flying from Mahon in Menorca to Birmingham with TUI airlines. The Civil Aviation Authority is looking into the matter. The family raised the issue with BBC One programme Rip Off Britain: Holiday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46858249

I'm sure that would be illegal and that the captain should have refused to depart.

£1,300 Menorca to Birmingham? How many of them were there? (sorry, didn't really read the story)