Things That Make You Go... WTF?

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Oh dear, what could possibly go wrong?! Apparently people are emulating the film Bird Box, recently shown on Netflix, and wandering around blindfold. Oh dear. Wait for the first entry to the 2019 Darwin Awards...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...d-box-challenge-meme-sandra-bullock-blindfold
Here you go...
'Bird Box Challenge': Teen crashes after driving car blindfolded
A teenage driver has crashed into another car after pulling her hat over her eyes as part of the so-called "Bird Box Challenge".
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/bird...rashes-after-driving-car-blindfolded-11605317
:bored:

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
I think that was a "meme" started by Netflix as advertising, I hope they get sued. Also, stupid people, eliminating themselves from the gene pool.

Win/win.

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
Yeah, the creatures show you your worst fears or something and "good" people kill themselves and "bad" ones kill others. It's an inherently uncinematic premise, the protagonists can't look at the creatures so blindfold themselves outdoors, which looks ludicrous and is a different thing from the axiom of of "always keep your monster in the shadows". Apparently it's generally poorly executed too.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Sorry, that is all I can report, he told me some things that later turned out to be true, but he didn't spill the beans on serious stuff because that would bring down the monarchy. (He thought that would be a bad thing)
His name wasn't George or Stuart was it?

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
Sorry, that is all I can report, he told me some things that later turned out to be true, but he didn't spill the beans on serious stuff because that would bring down the monarchy. (He thought that would be a bad thing)
What were the things he told you that turned out to be true?

titch

Justified & Ancient
Just that Charlie was a dirty bugger who was shagging camilla and di had an eating disorder (this was before it was common knowledge)

Even Ryanair wouldn't do this. TUI tried to fob the family off with £30 compensation.

A family returning from holiday found they had no seats once they had boarded their plane and spent part of the flight sitting on the floor.

Despite having boarding passes, the Taylor family found empty spaces where their seats should have been. The family, from Alcester, Warwickshire, had paid £1,300 and were flying from Mahon in Menorca to Birmingham with TUI airlines. The Civil Aviation Authority is looking into the matter. The family raised the issue with BBC One programme Rip Off Britain: Holiday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46858249

I'm sure that would be illegal and that the captain should have refused to depart.

£1,300 Menorca to Birmingham? How many of them were there? (sorry, didn't really read the story)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Maybe 'WTF' in this case means "Who'd They Fit?" ...

asymmetrical-jeans.jpg

'Asymmetric Jeans' turning heads online
A Ukrainian fashion designer's latest jeans are going viral not for their $377 price tag but for their bizarre asymmetrical design.

Designer Ksenia Schnaider took to Instagram to unveil the "Asymmetric Jeans," which feature one fitted leg and one flared leg.

Schnaider said the jeans, which have sparked a wide range of responses online, will soon be offered for $377 on her web site.

"I was told the idea was too crazy and that nobody needs jeans like this, so I gave up on the idea for a couple of seasons, but in the end I decided to go for it" ...

SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/01/16/Asymmetric-Jeans-turning-heads-online/3241547661505/

Here (below) is the first thing that crossed my mind - an obvious source of demand, but a limited consumer base ...

clinical-research-foot-ankle-Asymmetrical-edema-hypertrophy-4-191-g001.png