Things That Make You Go... WTF?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I was watching the documentary on BBC Four about Orson Welles, and Mark Cousins (the director) filmed some of it in Chicago, Welles' old haunt. During that bit, I thought, what's the raised railway system from The French Connection in New York doing in the Windy City? Then I twigged they had one in both cities. It'll be on iPlayer if you want to check it out, around 20 minutes in I think.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
I was watching the documentary on BBC Four about Orson Welles, and Mark Cousins (the director) filmed some of it in Chicago, Welles' old haunt. During that bit, I thought, what's the raised railway system from The French Connection in New York doing in the Windy City? Then I twigged they had one in both cities. It'll be on iPlayer if you want to check it out, around 20 minutes in I think.
The bridge was the thing that got me.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
‘I’ve just had some Botox done down Superdrug.’
‘Are you mad?’
‘Funny, that was the first thing they said.’

Mental Health: Tougher checks before Superdrug Botox

High street retailer Superdrug is to introduce tougher mental health checks before performing cosmetic procedures, following criticism by the NHS.
Prof Stephen Powis, the medical director of NHS England, said the injections risked fuelling mental health disorders - and the health service was left to pick up the pieces.
Superdrug started offering Botox and dermal fillers last year.
The retailer said it was "fully committed" to the issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46921769
What next.... breast implants at Poundland for a quid each?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
What next.... breast implants at Poundland for a quid each?
Hey! Fifteen months ago on this august forum l mentioned my regret at not having bought £1 vajazzles from a local Pound Shop.

The next thing might well be value-priced boob jobs, though:

“What do you think of me new bangers, Shazza?”
Mint! Latex or saline implants?”
“Bernard Matthews...”

maximus otter