Things That Make You Go... WTF?

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
So what is the 'Flu Test' these days ? It used to be £50 in an envelope stuck to a post in the middle of a field next to your house - all you had to do to get the money was roll out of bed and grab the envelope (If you got out of bed - it wasn't flu). Would £85.00 be tempting enough ?
I read it as a way of getting time off work, though why you'd voluntarily get a cold or flu when you could just lie I don't know.

Appeals to the ethical lead-swinger whose conscience won't allow them to take time off without actually being sick.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
a) It wouldn’t be very stressful to undergo a process that you knew would end up going nowhere.

b) A lot.

maximus otter
Maybe they could be charged with 'wasting police time' and they should be made to pay for some proportion of the court's costs, state's costs and the costs of the falsely accused?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Maybe they could be charged with 'wasting police time' and they should be made to pay for some proportion of the court's costs, state's costs and the costs of the falsely accused?
In my case, I'd have agreed to that .. not enough to ruin the person's life or anything but enough to have what they did recorded somewhere .

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
In my case, I'd have agreed to that .. not enough to ruin the person's life or anything but enough to have what they did recorded somewhere .
Yes - they'd have to get a criminal record of some kind, it'd only be fair.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
OED says can be spelt either way for either meaning. Also apparently means a toilet in Kiwi.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
This is fucking unbelievable.

Rob Dyke has had to legally change his name because youtube were demonetising his videos because of his surname.

That is just downright ridiculous.