Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A video which is just some good fun and thought maybe worth a mention:

The closing sequence, when guy is told who had a crush on him...

...and he seemingly never knew...

'Aw man, seriously... :wtf:

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
I seem to have just discovered the Gay Bigfoot meme... had no idea it had got that much traction! Google image search goes on for bloody pages.

Not sure if this story was the start of it or just a cash in.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I seem to have just discovered the Gay Bigfoot meme... had no idea it had got that much traction! Google image search goes on for bloody pages.

Not sure if this story was the start of it or just a cash in.

I wish to know more of the long tongued couple and what became of them after their divorce.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
On Saturday outside Tesco a man in a bit of a sorry state asked me "can I ask you a question?" I couldn't work out at first what the question was but he was obviously after some money. He said he'd just got out of prison 'on life parole' or somesuch after 19 years inside. I eventually twigged that what he was asking me was to tap out a tenner from the cash machine & he'd give me all the change he'd collected - a motley handful of shrapnel amounting to about 7 quid, so he could get an oyster card to get him somewhere.

I said no, sorry I'm not doing that but gave him all the change I had - probably about a couple of quid in various change.

I asked him what he was inside for - he said his little sister was raped & he'd murdered the guy.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Any instinct as to whether this was true?
Not really - could've been a cock & bull story but I could believe he'd just been released from prison. Would you just make up something like that?..

..I suppose what I'm saying is my inclination would be to believe it.

Last edited:

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
Got up this morning to find this dumped on the step at the end of my garden path.

With cat for scale.

Best guess is stolen then dumped when they unboxed and decided it wasn't as nice as they'd though... dunno though.

Tried reporting it on the local fuzz 101 Livechat where I gave up after I figured out it wasn't actually live, operator had buggered off.

Still not sure what to do with it, brought it inside so it didn't get rained on.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Got up this morning to find this dumped on the step at the end of my garden path.

With cat for scale.

Best guess is stolen then dumped when they unboxed and decided it wasn't as nice as they'd though... dunno though.

Tried reporting it on the local fuzz 101 Livechat where I gave up after I figured out it wasn't actually live, operator had buggered off.

Still not sure what to do with it, brought it inside so it didn't get rained on.
Charity shop if it's in good nick, though the won't take the lovely-looking little lynx on the right...

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Police don't deal with lost/found property nowadays so unless it's been reported stolen they won't be interested. What is it, an audio player of some sort?

EDIT Just zoomed in. A bargain basement record player....chazza shop!

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
A house near my own has stood empty for the last few years since the owner died. There's a temporary fence put up to stop people getting in after the place was vandalised (tiles missing, widows broken, etc). As I waited across the road this morning for the bus to take me to work, I saw a car pull up, a lady get out and stick a little bit of plastic onto the fence, so when I arrived home this afternoon, I checked to see what it was. A business card for timber floor restorations - this house needs more than its floors restored, it needs knocking down! I don't know why anyone would think that house needs restoration when it is clearly in need of demolition! Wishful thinking on the part of the company...

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
Police don't deal with lost/found property nowadays so unless it's been reported stolen they won't be interested.
Do they not? So failing a post on local FB groups or a trip down the charity shop, it's finders-keepers, is it?

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Reaction score
Police don't deal with lost/found property nowadays so unless it's been reported stolen they won't be interested. What is it, an audio player of some sort?

EDIT Just zoomed in. A bargain basement record player....chazza shop!
From our local Police (I assume it's UK wide) >
Found property will continue to be accepted and recorded by police, but will only include the following items:
  • Items capable of containing data e.g. mobile phones, computers, tablets.
  • Cash within wallets that are identifiable.
  • Cash – no owner identified
  • Firearms and ammunition
  • Weapons/knives.
  • Drugs
  • Explosives
  • Chemicals
  • Passports
  • Bank cards
  • Identity cards
  • Personal documentation such as. Benefit books, cheque books. (Prevent fraud)
  • Birth, marriage and death certificates
  • Driving Licences
Changes to Lost Property

Ogdred Weary

Noeth Ac Anoeth
Reaction score
The lovely little lynx is going nowhere!

Curled up on my bed upstairs at the moment.
I saw a very similar looking cat in terms of size and markings a few months ago, only it was sort of silvery grey and black, very striking. I did a double take as I've never seen a cat with those colours before. I don;t know if it was a special breed or some kind of mutation.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
If you can remain in the circle whilst grabbing the $100 bill off the side of the bull, it's yours. Or potential death. The participant are said to have to sign a waver not to sue for any death or injury..

(no sound during the intro to this vid)

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
From our local Police (I assume it's UK wide) >
Found property will continue to be accepted and recorded by police, but will only include the following items:
  • Items capable of containing data e.g. mobile phones, computers, tablets.
  • Cash within wallets that are identifiable.
  • Cash – no owner identified
  • Firearms and ammunition
  • Weapons/knives.
  • Drugs
  • Explosives
  • Chemicals
  • Passports
  • Bank cards
  • Identity cards
  • Personal documentation such as. Benefit books, cheque books. (Prevent fraud)
  • Birth, marriage and death certificates
  • Driving Licences
Changes to Lost Property
Anything not on the list - the assumption is that the' finder will take reasonable steps to find the owner'.

So, post it on a few local Facebook groups and if nobody claims it I guess it's yours.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Anything not on the list - the assumption is that the' finder will take reasonable steps to find the owner'.

So, post it on a few local Facebook groups and if nobody claims it I guess it's yours.
So "theft by finding" will not apply?

Timble2

Imaginary Person
Reaction score
Our local cop-shop seems to be operating a similar policy. There's a rash of bike theft round here, apart from the fifteen that they found in a raid, (with load of other stuff) most seem to find their way back via Facebook (even the police publicised the 15 they'd found on Facebook), they really don't seem to want you turning bikes in.

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Reaction score
If you can remain in the circle whilst grabbing the $100 bill off the side of the bull, it's yours. Or potential death. The participant are said to have to sign a waver not to sue for any death or injury..

(no sound during the intro to this vid)

$100? They must be very desperate or mad or stupid ...

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Had a call from my mum yesterday:
"Can you hear me ok?"
"Yes"
"That's because I've got my new hearing aids in."
:dunno:
The bloke who used to write Eric and Ernie’s material said that he got his sense of the ridiculous from his family. He said that, during WW2, his mother kept her wireless tuned to Radio Berlin “to drain the Germans’ power”.

maximus otter

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
People have been mentioning 'energy vampires' lately here so I present .. customer who enjoys disrupting everyone's lunch break .. a two parter ..

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Poor thing :( what did she do that was so bad that she gets spread everywhere?