Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Tigerhawk

Resistance is futile!
Neither had I ... More surprising is the fact this sort of 'goat-backpack' motif isn't unique ... Here's an image excerpted from a YouTube video. It apparently shows a scene in Haiti.

YouTube Video: ******* youtube.com/watch?v=fEWmVBsfLl4
I have this terrible urge to sing "Lonely Goatherd" from the Sound Of Music!

And Bigphoot2, I am sorry for your loss.:loveyou:

Crankyoldgit62

Junior Acolyte
Bloody banging outside, apparently it's from the railway line near us, putting pylons down. It feels as those it's going through our house!!!!

Crankyoldgit62

Junior Acolyte
More like a cups tea, VE. Found out on internet, that it's work going on to extend local railway line to new housing estate. Would've been nice to be contacted before hand!!!!!

Bad Bungle

King of the Trilobites

I always wondered if this was a fiction as coming from a working class family the dad would always clean up before eating.
I know this is an old post, it takes time to go through the back-log of stuff I haven't read.
3 things immediately made me go WTF: is that chap in the picture on the wall trying to peer around the socks to see the photographer ? Is the chap on the hanging satchel trying the same thing ? If that mug on the table contains Dad's tea, why hasn't it got sooty prints on it

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
A truly horrible account of so-called Honour Killings in Pakistan.

"The 18-year-old boy knew what was coming. Less than 24 hours earlier, the neighbour’s 15-year-old daughter Bakhtaja, with whom Ghani had tried to elope from Ali Brohi Goth, their poor neighbourhood of Karachi, had been tied down and electrocuted.

"His father finished dinner, then returned. With the help of an uncle, he strapped his son to a rope bed, tying one arm and one leg to the frame with uncovered electrical wires.

"Bakhtaja had endured 10 minutes of searing electrical jolts before she died. The boy took longer, and eventually the uncle stepped in and strangled him. The couple were buried in the dead of night . . . "

It is believed these "Honour Killings" are on the rise as conservative values and alternative justice-systems flourish in poor communities. :(
Now an opponent of "honour killings" has been murdered.

Pakistani activists are calling for a high-level judicial inquiry into the murder of a whistleblower who exposed "honour killings" in the country.

Afzal Kohistani had warned for years his life was in danger after he brought public attention to the apparent killing of women seen clapping and singing in a video of men dancing. A day after his murder, his family were shocked by the arrest of his nephew. They say he was protecting Mr Kohistani and fired at his attackers.

Mr Kohistani was shot dead on Wednesday in the city of Abbottabad, in north-western Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. He first emerged into the public eye in 2012 by calling for justice in a case involving his family in remote Kohistan district. Two of his younger brothers were seen dancing in a wedding video that also showed four women singing and clapping. The four women, along with a fifth, were later killed for "breaching the honour" of their family, it is alleged.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47497096

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Police: Man Arrested For Choking Driver Who Wouldn’t Stop Singing Christmas Carols
By Amy Wadas March 8, 2019 at 1:06 pm

EAST DEER TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A man is behind bars at the Allegheny County Jail after accusations that he choked another man for singing Christmas songs.

It was around 9 a.m. Monday when a state trooper was waved down and told about a possible medical emergency on Route 28 just before the Exit 13 on-ramp, heading south in East Deer Township. When he got to the scene, investigators say the trooper spotted a Chrysler Town and Country minivan parked on the shoulder, and two men on the other side of the guide rail. According to the criminal complaint, the victim told the trooper he was driving the minivan with his passenger, 25-year-old Clayton Lucas. The victim told the trooper Lucas reached around his seat while he was driving and began choking him.

When the state trooper tried to handcuff Lucas, he said Lucas wouldn’t listen, and after several verbal commands, he ended up having to sweep Lucas’ legs out from under him to gain control of the situation.

CONTINUED:
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/03/08/clayton-lucas-arrested-christmas-songs-choking/

Christmas songs in March, you say?

Not guilty.

Last edited:

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
It can get to some peeps, push them over the edge cause the other person is happy, and they aint. To be honest I think you should sing them anytime you want, its a song, i was singing Christmas songs in Feb one year, we were knee deep in snow, it looked pretty as we were indoors