Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Bet it can't do Tommy Cooper
Bet it could!

If...

...what exactly...?

Where did it learn these mimics in the first place...?

Keep going back to what late dad said, when I was around 16 and lamenting how life, the universe springing up from nowhere, et al, didn't make any sense.

'The more you know, the more you realise you don't know'.

That includes the chameleon as well!

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Bet it could!

If...

...what exactly...?

Where did it learn these mimics in the first place...?

Keep going back to what late dad said, when I was around 16 and lamenting how life, the universe springing up from nowhere, et al, didn't make any sense.

'The more you know, the more you realise you don't know'.

That includes the chameleon as well!
A science lecturer at the place where I worked always said to a class of new students "The more we discover about the universe we live in, the more mysterious it becomes."

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A science lecturer at the place where I worked always said to a class of new students "The more we discover about the universe we live in, the more mysterious it becomes."
Split the difference with you...

...it's just annoying as [email protected]&#...!

Great thing is though, we can express any such sentiments here, or in any other forum and the feedback is often seriously invaluable - helps place all manner of things in perspective!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
She must have been contemplating it, obviously the ones that voted yes, either, didnt think she would do it, or didnt give a shit, this wont be the last of it either :(

Ogdred Weary

No Lives Matter
Reaction score
Much like the recent Kyle related suicide, I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
There's almost humour there, almost, but ultimately it falls on the side of child sexual-exploitation, extreme bad taste and trivialising genoicide.
Also stupidity. Nobody even remotely connected with that issue or story will ever get a job with any Jewish organisation or employer.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
ok me and my dad just witnesst the answer machine in the front room turn it self on.

Last edited:

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Satirical college magazine, The Harvard Lampoon, apologises after printing a mock photo of Anne Frank in a bikini to show how hot she would have looked had she not died.

Caption: "Add this to your list of reasons why the Holocaust sucked"

There's almost humour there, almost, but ultimately it falls on the side of child sexual-exploitation, extreme bad taste and trivialising genoicide.

Mad to publish it:
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...oshopped-image-of-anne-frank-bikini-holocaust
Aren't the Harvard Lampoon notorious assholes anyway? They were back in the 1970s and 80s, anyway.

Verbal Earthworm

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
There will be a ghostly voice whispering "heavy metal is no good for you, start listening to proper music like take that and maddonna"
I should like to clarify that I gave you half a like. Whilst your post was humorous, I do not endorse the listening of heavy metal, take that or madonna.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Apparently some advertising agency has just been paid nine hundred thousand pounds to 'design' this new British Telecom logo .. ffs

aBT.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-to-match-transformation-to-national-champion

.. reminds me of the time some advertising agency was paid a similar fee to design that Conservative party tree logo and then were paid another fortune to have the colour of the tree only ever so slightly changed ..

Verbal Earthworm

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Apparently some advertising agency has just been paid nine hundred thousand pounds to 'design' this new British Telecom logo .. ffs

View attachment 17435

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-to-match-transformation-to-national-champion

.. reminds me of the time some advertising agency was paid a similar fee to design that Conservative party tree logo and then were paid another fortune to have the colour of the tree only ever so slightly changed ..
A case of "money for old trope"?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Well I suppose you have to have a hobby...

Someone Is Drawing Gargantuan Dongs Across Inner Melbourne Parks
If Art Attack taught us nothing else it’s that the ground is merely a giant flat canvas upon which heaving great creative works can be painted; works that look like utter garbage close up, but become stunning vistas upon zooming way out. To that end, some modern day Rembrandt has been slathering gargantuan dicks across the lawns of several inner-Melbourne parks, leaving local council officials absolutely baffled.
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/melbourne-parks-drawing-dicks/

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
The hobby horses correctly have no feet - it's tradition, innit. The legged horse is just weird, and the wean seems to be clenching her toes... I
A case of "money for old trope"?
:rollingw:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

View attachment 17435

They were conned.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Don’t know if this had been mentioned earlier in the thread but wasn’t it the Mayor of Hiroshima wha asked “WTF was that?”

Verbal Earthworm

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Don’t know if this had been mentioned earlier in the thread but wasn’t it the Mayor of Hiroshima wha asked “WTF was that?”
Not even slightly amusing.

"When the United States Army Air Forces dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Senkichi Awaya (Mayor of Hiroshima) was eating breakfast with Shinobu (his son) and Ayako (his 3 year old grand-daughter). All of them are believed to have died instantly."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senkichi_Awaya

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Not even slightly amusing.

"When the United States Army Air Forces dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Senkichi Awaya (Mayor of Hiroshima) was eating breakfast with Shinobu (his son) and Ayako (his 3 year old grand-daughter). All of them are believed to have died instantly."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senkichi_Awaya
Tell it to my late maternal grandfather, a military ambulance driver/medic who was a Japanese prisoner of war.

We all treasure his Burma Star.

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
Tell it to my late maternal grandfather, a military ambulance driver/medic who was a Japanese prisoner of war.

We all treasure his Burma Star.
What I don't understand is why the US simply didn't lay siege to Japan. By the time they dropped the A-bombs they had destroyed the Japanese navy and air force, and given they had at their disposal the US fleet and the UK fleet freed from the war in Europe they could simply have been starved out. It still seems like a war crime to me.