Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
The handbrake wont have stopped it, would have locked the back wheels up, but would have slowed it down a little, I would at least have turned the wheel, and maybe the wipers were automatic, still funny as hell when they came on

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
This is a very major WTF of the most morbid kind. What the hell is the world coming to?

Girl, 16, kills herself after Instagram poll to decide between life or death

Police say the 16-year-old jumped off the roof of a building after 69% of respondents picked "death" in her poll.

Authorities in Malaysia have launched an investigation after a teenage girl was found to have taken her own life after starting an Instagram poll asking users to vote for life or death.

The unnamed 16-year-old posed the question to users on Monday, saying: "Really important, help me choose: D/L."
https://news.sky.com/story/girl-16-...poll-to-decide-between-life-or-death-11720670

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Satirical college magazine, The Harvard Lampoon, apologises after printing a mock photo of Anne Frank in a bikini to show how hot she would have looked had she not died.

Caption: "Add this to your list of reasons why the Holocaust sucked"

There's almost humour there, almost, but ultimately it falls on the side of child sexual-exploitation, extreme bad taste and trivialising genoicide.

Mad to publish it:
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...oshopped-image-of-anne-frank-bikini-holocaust

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Bet it can't do Tommy Cooper
Bet it could!

If...

...what exactly...?

Where did it learn these mimics in the first place...?

Keep going back to what late dad said, when I was around 16 and lamenting how life, the universe springing up from nowhere, et al, didn't make any sense.

'The more you know, the more you realise you don't know'.

That includes the chameleon as well!

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Bet it could!

If...

...what exactly...?

Where did it learn these mimics in the first place...?

Keep going back to what late dad said, when I was around 16 and lamenting how life, the universe springing up from nowhere, et al, didn't make any sense.

'The more you know, the more you realise you don't know'.

That includes the chameleon as well!
A science lecturer at the place where I worked always said to a class of new students "The more we discover about the universe we live in, the more mysterious it becomes."

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
A science lecturer at the place where I worked always said to a class of new students "The more we discover about the universe we live in, the more mysterious it becomes."
Split the difference with you...

...it's just annoying as [email protected]&#...!

Great thing is though, we can express any such sentiments here, or in any other forum and the feedback is often seriously invaluable - helps place all manner of things in perspective!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
She must have been contemplating it, obviously the ones that voted yes, either, didnt think she would do it, or didnt give a shit, this wont be the last of it either :(

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Satirical college magazine, The Harvard Lampoon, apologises after printing a mock photo of Anne Frank in a bikini to show how hot she would have looked had she not died.

Caption: "Add this to your list of reasons why the Holocaust sucked"

There's almost humour there, almost, but ultimately it falls on the side of child sexual-exploitation, extreme bad taste and trivialising genoicide.

Mad to publish it:
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...oshopped-image-of-anne-frank-bikini-holocaust
Aren't the Harvard Lampoon notorious assholes anyway? They were back in the 1970s and 80s, anyway.