Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I've seen that sort of thing done several times in shops. Laziness and inconsideration.
If I were the customer being shown up I'd have the person's job for it.
Fortunately the look on the customer's face wasn't one of horror and embarrassment so the woman doing the shouting might have got away with it? .. but yep, laziness and inconsideration.

I was waiting to pay for something at our local shop yesterday which was brought over to me .. and then a total stranger decided to dump her shopping next to and stand right next to me, she had two light items .. so I politely said "excuse me, could you step back a second until I'm finished" which was met with an uninterested face and no movement back in the que .. so I slotted my card in the machine, turned the machine away from her and popped my pin number in that way.

Some people are twats aren't they?

I felt like saying "If she gets any closer, I'm going to need some condoms as well" .. I chose the more sensible "I don't even know her!?" .. the shop assistant backed me up with a "Don't worry Swifty, we've both got your pin number now". I got a sympathetic smile from the shop owner anyway.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Swifty I think some people have no idea of personal space.
The other day I was unloading my groceries onto the belt from the trolley. A woman came behind, grabbed a divider and put her things right against what I had unloaded although I had half a trolley to finish.
I pushed the divider and her things back so that I could finish.

skinny

Antediluvian
We were in Sheringham yesterday and went into a chemist shop. The woman in front of us in the que had a quiet word with the assistant who proceeded to walk over to a locked glass case cabinet, turn back and shout "Do you want Canisten or own brand?" .. so now the whole shop knows this poor woman's got thrush. Nice work shop assistant!.
I'd 've shouted back "What the actual, you insensitive arsehole!". Is that what you did? You did. Good on ya, mate. That's the kind of arseholery it is worth causing a scene over. How could you not.

skinny

Antediluvian
The other day I was unloading my groceries onto the belt from the trolley. A woman came behind, grabbed a divider and put her things right against what I had unloaded although I had half a trolley to finish.
Right on, Iris.
Did you say what the fuck to the dickhead? Bet you did. Good on ya, mate. That bitch was just gagging for a verbal slapdown. Seriously.

skinny

Antediluvian
I felt like saying "If she gets any closer, I'm going to need some condoms as well" .. I chose the more sensible "I don't even know her!?" .. the shop assistant backed me up with a "Don't worry Swifty, we've both got your pin number now". I got a sympathetic smile from the shop owner anyway.
lol class act yerself, man. haha

Swifty

I'd 've shouted back "What the actual, you insensitive arsehole!". Is that what you did? You did. Good on ya, mate. That's the kind of arseholery it is worth causing a scene over. How could you not.
No mate I didn't. That would have only drawn more attention to the woman's embarrassment but I get and understand the feeling behind your post.

On a more amusing note though (wait for it) .. We had a ghost team meeting last month and a surprise guest of a new woman who's joining our team .. she'd never met any of us before but all was going well until she started laughing then did a loud fart .. everyone stopped and looked at her so I gallantly did the "THAT WASN'T HER .. THAT WAS ME!" thing .. I don't think anyone believed me because my farts are more 'girly' sounding but hopefully it worked.

Last edited:

Swifty

Respect fist bump thingy :cool:

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Several days ago we were out and about and stopped at a petrol station to buy a drink. I was waiting in line (Mr Zebra was in the car) and just as the person in front of me finished being served and I was about to pay for my drink, this old chap suddenly strode right up to the counter (without so much as an "excuse me") and proceeded to rant to the man behind the counter about the fact that one of the petrol pumps was out of order and why is he telling customers that they shouldn't move away from the petrol pumps, because (as he continued to rant) it stops the next customer from being able to buy their fuel.

The long-suffering chap behind the counter tried to explain to Mr Rant that customers shouldn't move away from the petrol pump until they've paid, because if they move and then go to the toilet or take ages in the shop, the next customer can't use the pump until it's been paid anyway.

Mr Rant then continued to repeat his rant several times while I stood there just wanting to pay for my drink, and the chap behind the counter continued to try to explain over and over again but Mr Rant clearly wasn't getting it. Finally (thankfully) Mr Rant gave up and left, and finally I got my drink. Chap behind the counter apologised to me; I told him it wasn't his fault and "some people just like the sound of their own voice."

The old man's rant was so nonsensical though - his point wasn't the out of order pumps (he just felt fit to mention that even though the chap behind the counter said it had been reported) - but rather that people had to leave their car at the pump until they'd paid.

When I told Mr Zebra he said he wouldn't have let the chap push in front like that. I didn't know what to do though.

Swifty

Several days ago we were out and about and stopped at a petrol station to buy a drink. I was waiting in line (Mr Zebra was in the car) and just as the person in front of me finished being served and I was about to pay for my drink, this old chap suddenly strode right up to the counter (without so much as an "excuse me") and proceeded to rant to the man behind the counter about the fact that one of the petrol pumps was out of order and why is he telling customers that they shouldn't move away from the petrol pumps, because (as he continued to rant) it stops the next customer from being able to buy their fuel.

The long-suffering chap behind the counter tried to explain to Mr Rant that customers shouldn't move away from the petrol pump until they've paid, because if they move and then go to the toilet or take ages in the shop, the next customer can't use the pump until it's been paid anyway.

Mr Rant then continued to repeat his rant several times while I stood there just wanting to pay for my drink, and the chap behind the counter continued to try to explain over and over again but Mr Rant clearly wasn't getting it. Finally (thankfully) Mr Rant gave up and left, and finally I got my drink. Chap behind the counter apologised to me; I told him it wasn't his fault and "some people just like the sound of their own voice."

When I told Mr Zebra he said he wouldn't have let the chap push in front like that. I didn't know what to do though.
You did the right thing.

I was in a que in an off licence with the Mrs about ten tears ago when a drunk tried to stroke her hair. I slapped his hand away, he moved to the back of the que instead ..

Swifty

haaaa great work, mate.

Cue the requests for description of what makes a fart sound girly. WTF?
Traditionally and stereotypically, women only do squeaky ones while it's only us 'beastly' males who do loud ones .. which as we all know is absolute bullshit and also possibly how the non problem situation of fart 'rape' came into being: 'If he does one louder than you just after you've done one? .. he's oppressing you!' ..

skinny

Antediluvian
I'd have stuck my face close to Mr Rant's and said loudly 'RIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH, NOW FUCK OFF!'
What could he do? Not a thing.
It was only then that Escargot noticed the 15 other grumpy old gits standing in line behind her awaiting their turn to vent their spleen on the hapless attendant were now all glaring at her, evil smirks sliding up their greasy faces like hungry molluscs.

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
Wish I could meet a guy like that.
I hope you do if that's what you want. In my case it was a female. The damage she could do with a pair of spiky heeled boots had to be seen to be cringed at.

Incidentally I'm not a violent person, but we were attacked on the street while walking home late at night.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
https://www.polygraph.info/a/fact-check-russia-metal-gear/30022159.html
On June 20, the Russian state news agency Interfax reported that Deputy Defense Minister Andrei Kartapolov, speaking during a parliamentary roundtable, cited the popular video game series Metal Gear as an example of projects of the U.S. Intelligence services to manipulate the “public consciousness and especially young people” against the Russian government.

Lol lol.

Ladyloafer

Ephemeral Spectre
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-woman-shot-manslaughter-charge-marshae-jones

A woman from Alabama who was shot in the stomach while pregnant – with the bullets killing the fetus – has been charged with manslaughter.
Marshae Jones was reportedly five months pregnant when she was shot by another woman in December outside a shop in Pleasant Grove, near Birmingham.
On Wednesday, Jones, 27, was indicted by a Jefferson county grand jury on a manslaughter charge and is expected to be held in Jefferson county jail on a $50,000 bond, while the woman accused of shooting her walked free, reported AL.com.
i, i have no words about this. what the actual f*ck alabama?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
It's stupid, I agree, but the logic (ropey though it is) is missing from the dodgy Guardian article.

The pregnant mother who was charged initiated the fight and the person who shot her was defending herself from the attack.

The woman wasn't charged because the state allows one to shoot in self-defence under defined conditions.

The argument, therefore, is that the five-month-pregnant mother acted recklessly and that her recklessness resulted in the death of the unborn child.

The argument, incidentally, was linked with the dead child's father.

Details here:
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2019/06/charges-in-marshae-jones-case-explained.html