Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

A woman who licked a tub of ice cream before putting it back in a supermarket freezer could face up to 20 years in prison, according to US police.

Police are working to confirm the identity of a female suspect, seen outside a Walmart branch in Lufkin, Texas, around 11pm on 28 June, before issuing an arrest warrant on a charge of second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product.

That charge carries a sentence of between two and 20 years in prison, along with a potential fine up to $10,000 (£8,000), according to the Texas penal code.

Bizarre Story:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...upermarket-walmart-lufkin-texas-a8989706.html
We had a bloke at Morrisons years ago who used to come in and open the cheese overwrap and lick it. We didn't report him though. We just watched him and laughed and threw the cheese away after he'd left the store, he obviously had mental health issues .. and clearly really liked cheese ..

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Jerk is just a Jamaican style of food in which meat is marinated/coated in a particular mixture of herbs/spices, then barbecued. There's lots of jerk shops round my way.

RyoHazuki

Ephemeral Spectre
I love those - I can't think of any other 'official' sign that's so spectacularly pointless.

"Oh no Fred, there's no lines on the road, we must be on someone's giant driveway. Quick, reverse out at top speed!"
"It's OK Doris, look at the red sign telling us what our eyes can already see. Traffic pile-up averted!"

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
I love those - I can't think of any other 'official' sign that's so spectacularly pointless.

"Oh no Fred, there's no lines on the road, we must be on someone's giant driveway. Quick, reverse out at top speed!"
"It's OK Doris, look at the red sign telling us what our eyes can already see. Traffic pile-up averted!"

It's as bad as this one:

1562483561757.png

Which of course is thoroughly necessary because otherwise Fred and Doris would be pootling along, wondering why the road has changed to a field, because they haven't noticed the new curve in the road which takes it further to the right than they're used to.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
It's as bad as this one:

View attachment 18635

Which of course is thoroughly necessary because otherwise Fred and Doris would be pootling along, wondering why the road has changed to a field, because they haven't noticed the new curve in the road which takes it further to the right than they're used to.
There's this one

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Can't decide if the pilot was very skilled or very mad to even attempt that! :D

Bet the passengers were a bit queasy after that landing, but I suspect they gave a round of applause.
To quote the person who found this link ..

"It's a 757, landing during Storm Callum.
The TUI pilot was Captain Brenda Riepsaame Wassink."

Kudos Brenda :badge:

abrenda.jpg

Schrodinger's Zebra

My mind still replays a takeoff from Frankfurt in a Lufthansa 747 which was absolutely full and fuelled up for Singapore. There was very heavy rain and we went further and further and FURTHER down the runway before it staggered into the air.
Crikey... no wonder you haven't forgotten it!

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Coastguard reprimanded over use of own vehicle to take unconscious-through-alcohol teenager to hospital, leading to his resignation after 37 years! The article continues: 'Earlier this month two Devon coastguards, Ian Pedrick and Richard Clarkson, were sacked after using their own Land Rover to rescue a car which had rolled down a hill towards a cliff edge.' In the first case no ambulances were available as they'd been called to a more serious incident. Presumably they'd have been okay if they'd let him die from hypothermia!!!

Talk about not seeing the woods for the trees!? I was going to post this in political correctness gone mad (though it's more health and safety gone mad) but I see it's RIP to that particular thread. I didn't know.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ses-promise-review-after-anger-over-reprimand

Schrodinger's Zebra

Coastguard reprimanded over use of own vehicle to take unconscious-through-alcohol teenager to hospital, leading to his resignation after 37 years! The article continues: 'Earlier this month two Devon coastguards, Ian Pedrick and Richard Clarkson, were sacked after using their own Land Rover to rescue a car which had rolled down a hill towards a cliff edge.' In the first case no ambulances were available as they'd been called to a more serious incident. Presumably they'd have been okay if they'd let him die from hypothermia!!!

Talk about not seeing the woods for the trees!? I was going to post this in political correctness gone mad (though it's more health and safety gone mad) but I see it's RIP to that particular thread. I didn't know.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ses-promise-review-after-anger-over-reprimand
Why are people reprimanded for helping other people?

That's all I have to say.