Things That Make You Go... WTF?

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Plane successfully landing sideways at Bristol airport .. brown trousers

I once flew into Humberside from Aberdeen when it was rather windy and I could see the end of the runway out of my passenger window - that was scary but not as scary as some of the antics that the offshore chopper pilots got up to - when there was no wind they used to drop the chopper, nose first, off the edge of the helideck to gain airspeed then pull up at what seemed to be about 50 foot above the sea. Flying in storms was fun too - production was paramount and we had to get onto shutdown platforms to get production up again no matter what the conditions.
Things have changed somewhat nowadays.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
What's wrong with this country? It's one thing to be known for 'fair play' in sports etc (if we even are anymore), but we must be the laughing stock of the world on occasions like this.

A twenty three year old who steals a car and does EIGHTY THREE in a THIRTY, is by that age, only ever going to cause problems in society until the day they die.

Pre-emptive sterilisation so they can't breed anymore, (and they certainly can breed), is the only solution. We can't take the chances anymore-too many innocents have been killed. A four year old child for God's sake.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Pre-emptive sterilisation so they can't breed anymore, (and they certainly can breed), is the only solution. We can't take the chances anymore-too many innocents have been killed.
The remedy is worse than the disease.

I don't want any government with the power to sterilise me--next step is that they just cull us.

I know this is the Internet and the general public is dumb, but no more silly talk, please.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Do you know how that sounds?
“Violet-Grace died from “unsurvivable head, neck and pelvic injuries” after her family agreed to turn off life support.

Mrs French suffered spinal, rib, jaw and foot fractures. Most of her teeth were shattered and she remains in hospital. [She] has since had both her knees replaced, may need to have her right leg amputated and could never walk again.

When McAteer [a convicted burglar] was finally arrested he denied speeding, claimed witnesses were lying and suggested he “saw nothing and no-one in the road”.

Mr Hussey said: “He said he then decided to clear his head and ‘go to Amsterdam for few days and smoke some weed’.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/killer-aidan-mcateer-spend-same-13064002

Yes: it sounds like one small step towards justice.

maximus otter

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Yes: it sounds like one small step towards justice.

maximus otter
A proper prison sentence should put paid to any hopes of procreation.

I'm happy to throw away the key after a fair trial, but that is a world away from 'pre-emptive' punishment.

That is--I repeat--silly talk.

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
No one wants that. We will never eliminate human stupidity, selfishness, spite or greed, Unless we eliminate humans, something I'm all in favour of, how does that sound to you? Don't come back at me with "but I'm not a moron who killed a four year old (or a 94 year old* for that matter)", perhaps you will be in the future. Perhaps I might be too.

*No one needs to be 94 anyway.
I think my Grandmother would seriously disagree with you there.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
So... despite a soft steer about no more of such silliness as involuntary sterilisation for people that you don't like.... you carry on.

Thread very temporarily closed to allow for wrangling and reflection.

I've already said that closing PCGoneMad isn't a hint to find other places to post the same stuff.

edit: aaaaaaaand we are back in the room!

Frides

Last edited:
A proper prison sentence should put paid to any hopes of procreation.

I'm happy to throw away the key after a fair trial, but that is a world away from 'pre-emptive' punishment.

That is--I repeat--silly talk.
In many U.S. States drunk drivers who cause fatalities are charged with murder. Should be the same in RoI and UK.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I think my Grandmother would seriously disagree with you there.
My Grandma will be 100 very very soon (within this month) .. Eileen Swift .. I shall be posting pics of her here proudly when it happen and preventing her from being able to relax like the rest of her family when she undoubtably will be wishing we'd all just piss off that day instead and just leave her alone ..

Floyd1

Ephemeral Spectre
My Grandma will be 100 very very soon (within this month) .. Eileen Swift .. I shall be posting pics of her here proudly when it happen and preventing her from being able to relax like the rest of her family when she undoubtably will be wishing we'd all just piss off that day instead and just leave her alone ..
Ha! Good one Swifty. 'Happy Birthday' to Mrs Swift- here's to another hundred!

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
The remedy is worse than the disease.

I don't want any government with the power to sterilise me--next step is that they just cull us.

I know this is the Internet and the general public is dumb, but no more silly talk, please.
Thats not silly talk that dangerous and disturbing talk oh and floyd1 please do me a favour and go educate yourself on ww2 and the old first they came for etc etc then they came for me basically careful What you wish for.
Ps sorry I don't remember all of it.

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
This guy seems to have configured his ride to receive the maximum number of citations, or perhaps the highest probability of being detained.
A traffic stop turns up whiskey, a gun and a rattlesnake, police say -- and that was before they found the uranium

When police officers pulled over Stephen Jennings in Guthrie, Oklahoma, on June 26, they searched the car and got a lot more than they bargained for.

Jennings was pulled over about 11 a.m. after an officer noticed that his car tags were expired, police say. He alerted the officers that there were a few other issues likely to arise: There was a gun in the vehicle, for starters.

His passenger, Rachael Rivera, was charged with possession of a firearm after a former felony conviction. ...

Then, police said, the officers found that the car had been reported stolen and began to dig a little deeper.

And their discoveries: one bottle of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey and one rattlesnake.

"So now he's got a rattlesnake, a stolen vehicle, firearm and somebody under arrest," Guthrie Police Sgt. Anthony Gibbs told CNN affiliate KFOR.

Then they found one more thing: a canister of radioactive powdered uranium.

"When that happens, of course, we call in a company that deals with that specifically, and it's taken safely into possession," Gibbs said. "The uranium is the wild card in that situation."

The rattlesnake, it should be noted, was happily stored in a terrarium in the back seat.

Jennings is charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and failure to carry a security verification form.

The Guthrie Police Department has not filed charges related to the uranium; officers are still looking into a potential motive.

The rattlesnake brought no additional charges.
SOURCE: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/us/rattlesnake-uranium-oklahoma-trnd/index.html

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
This has gone viral and is... a bit surprising.

Short man has anger issues owing to height / boss / parents / misogyny.

ALL NSFW OWING TO BAD LANGUAGE.

There are more out there, but this will suffice.

This 'short guys on dating sites' line seems to turn up every day on Reddit.
I have a little sympathy, but this isn't the way to deal with his problems!

I love the way that New Yorkers say 'coffee'.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
This has gone viral and is... a bit surprising.

Short man has anger issues owing to height / boss / parents / misogyny.

ALL NSFW OWING TO BAD LANGUAGE.

There are more out there, but this will suffice.

This 'short guys on dating sites' line seems to turn up every day on Reddit.
I have a little sympathy, but this isn't the way to deal with his problems!

I love the way that New Yorkers say 'coffee'.
I like that grinning Pakistani fella with the Burt Reynolds moustache .. he reminds me of Johnny Cash's guitarist and also looks proper hard.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
WOW this guy has some anger issues, but i see his point, to him, that is an offensive question, if everybody else can use that defense, why cant he?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
WOW this guy has some anger issues, but i see his point, to him, that is an offensive question, if everybody else can use that defense, why cant he?
Yes, he's got a point.
Maybe he needs therapy to help him work out some issues. But they can't fix his height, so he will always be a bit angry.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Yes, he's got a point.
Maybe he needs therapy to help him work out some issues. But they can't fix his height, so he will always be a bit angry.
I knew someone who worked as a bouncer and he said it was always the short guys who were the most trouble.

@Ogdred Weary
I am reading Earthly Powers because of your signature.

wtf...
Best opening line in all of literature.

Fun fact, there was a hardback copy of the book in my secondary school library, I picked it up assuming it was Fantasy/SF with that title, I read that line and assumed that a "catamite" was some sort of magical or futuristic device...

I'm not sure if I read much beyond that at the time. Cut to many years later and I become something of a Burgess buff and read EP to find that it's that book I picked up briefly one bored lunchtime and that a catamite is not some sort of fantastical device.

It's a great book, I hope you enjoy it.

Newt

Devoted Cultist
Lol. The day after I started reading it, we visited a church. An older man was pontificating to a much younger man about the architecture.

Inspired by the book I referred to them as 'The Intellectual and his Catamite' to my husband.

He said 'Why are you talking about cats again?'

I shrugged and pontificated about the architecture.