Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
If I had only a month to go, I’d be tempted to do Xmas early.
After all.... the stuff should already in the shops. It can’t be that hard to make a selection box, can it?

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
This news has rocked me to the core. Entirely unexpected but has so many implications as we head towards the winter months.

Strictly's Katya and Neil Jones SPLIT: Professional dancers announce they are divorcing following 11 year relationship... 10 months after Seann Walsh kissing scandal.

It’s going to be an uncomfortable watch this year. She’s not that pretty and he’s ginger. Plus Kevin’s affair with last year’s winner Stacey Dooley. And Claudia Winklehuman has to deliver more than a few shit jokes to justify her paycheck.

This could be the year Strictly starts losing the audience.

LymeswoldSnork

Junior Acolyte
The Amazon reviews on this item of sartorial elegence are a work of art and almost worthy of a thread to themselves. I am particularly fond of this one, however many will have you rolling on the floor guffawing (just don't be wearing your wolf shirt at the time, lest you soil it).

''This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.''

More here: https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-Wolf-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A
And one of the top reviews is, quite possibly genuinely, from George Takei.

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
The Amazon reviews on this item of sartorial elegence are a work of art and almost worthy of a thread to themselves. I am particularly fond of this one, however many will have you rolling on the floor guffawing (just don't be wearing your wolf shirt at the time, lest you soil it).

''This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.''

More here: https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-Wolf-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

even the questions and answers are funny

Will this shirt's magic still work if I have 3 nipples?

Answer:
Yes
By shane duncan on February 19, 2015
It will have 50% more magic
By Steven on July 26, 2017
Only three nipples? Hmm...I'm working with 4, but 3 might work.
By Therese Barth on September 5, 2015
Yes
By Laura on February 19, 2015
I have only one testicle and when I put this shirt on, it's like I have 3, so I'd say it definitely works.
By T-Rex on October 4, 2017
Yes
By Shawn Mahoney on February 19, 2015

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
"I hope you make it to Christmas" ?
Bradford city centre Oxfam had a christmas window display during the July heatwave! Which seemed to co-incide with the furnite BHF shop (there are 4 BHF shops is central Bradford!) having some funny stuffed toy in santa hats out.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
two game dev express unpleasant opinions ion fury get review bombd and the game is going to be censored. I'm still going get ion fury and the game should not be censored and I've watched review video of it by lgr and there was no mention of any offensive speech in the game so I gess 3d realms have lost their spine by censoring it to appease the baying Internet mob and these people remind of the Borg in Star Trek tng and know is one forced to by the game but censoring the games content to keep others happy was bad move so whats next book burning.

Last edited:

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
There are homophobic jokes and graphics in Ion Fury. That's why it's being censored, not because of the sexist and transphobic tweets made by the devs.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...or-sexist-and-transphobic-comments-from-staff
This from who is part of the lgbtq community.
danieldeitermann 2 hours ago

@michaelrand
No, I don't think so. I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community and yes, this is offensive. But mildly so. Let's reserve the big words for the actual and truly heinous act of homo- and transphobia. Otherwise you are muddying the waters and feed into the right's snowflake narrative where you call someone a Nazi and the world just shrugs because they assume all that happened was something trivial.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient

titch

Justified & Ancient
Rammstein was holding a concert in Oslo a couple of kilometers away. The effects made me think it was lightning at first. Couldn't really enjoy the music as bass was the only thing you could hear.
The young lad I work with saw them play milton Keynes, he said at times it looked like the stadium was on fire.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
That esteemed science publication, The Beano has been carrying out valuable research into one of the most important issues of the day
Formula for ‘world’s funniest fart’ revealed
by Press Association
August 21, 2019, 12:03 am

The “world’s funniest fart” has been revealed by scientists in a specially commissioned study.
The Flatulence Report, for The Beano, has worked out a mathematical formula that was tested for 176 different noises ranging from low to high pitch, short to long, dry to wet and from loud to squeaking.
Components in the formula included a fart’s intensity, length, social embarrassment and the number of children present divided by the age and gender of whoever hears it.
etc
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2019/08/21/formula-for-worlds-funniest-fart-revealed/

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Dunno if this the right thread for this - it's certainly wtf.

Public lynchings in Mexico

“It is truly alarming,” said Elisa Godínez Pérez, a Mexican anthropologist who studies lynchings. “There are regions like Puebla where the situation is practically out of control.”

Godínez, a postdoctoral fellow at the National Autonomous University of Mexico, said police inefficiency, a failing justice system and the rapid spread of organised crime had created the perfect “breeding ground” for vigilante justice in marginalised communities such as Tepexco.

Preyed on by criminals, ignored by the state and with little recourse to justice, residents of such areas felt “exposed and shaken” – and felt they had little option but to take the law into their own hands.

“They have forgotten us here,” complained Jesús Vargas, a local councillor, during a tour of Tepexco’s decaying infrastructure.

Locals accuse security officials of abandoning them too, and complain of a wave of kidnappings, robberies and murders targeting local farmers and ranchers that the government has failed to prevent.

This month’s lynching was in response to a recent attempted abduction.

“We have a government that doesn’t work, that has forgotten us – that is why the citizens enforce justice with our own hands,” said Muñoz. “Because we no longer believe in the justice system. We no longer believe in the authorities … that is why this happened. It’s not that we are evil.”
Reportedly 42 killings this year so far. More grisly details at link.