Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Vardoger

Like To Roam The Land
I daren't even watch it (does it have a happy ending?). Years ago I lived in a flat in Trowbridge and a mouse got in when we had scaffolding up – I spent age chasing one around the kitchen trying to trap it under a plastic container. In the end it jumped in a bowl full of water, from where I rescued it, taking it away and releasing it.
The ending wasn't really cute.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I daren't even watch it (does it have a happy ending?). Years ago I lived in a flat in Trowbridge and a mouse got in when we had scaffolding up – I spent age chasing one around the kitchen trying to trap it under a plastic container. In the end it jumped in a bowl full of water, from where I rescued it, taking it away and releasing it.
No it doesnt, do not watch, i had to stop after i saw what happened

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
No it doesnt, do not watch, i had to stop after i saw what happened
Thank you, and thanks for not saying what happened. We have two cats, the cutest of them (actually, the cutest-looking cat ever) is unfortunately a real hunter, and I regularly have to dispose of the corpses of teeny-tiny little rodents; it's heartbreaking.

Shady

Honey is the same and i try to grab them, mostly i succeed and i let them go while she is in the house thinking WTF

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Honey is the same and i try to grab them, mostly i succeed and i let them go while she is in the house thinking WTF
We've managed that a few times but usually it's a gift awaiting us in the morning. We keep her in a lot of nights, which tends to be her main hunting time.

Shady

Cant do that with Honey, she meows her head off until i do let her out, she doesn't bring them back a lot tho, I know her previous owner he was having a BBQ, and she had been gone for a while, she jumped over the fence into the garden and had in her mouth a huge pidgeon, dead, looks like she bought her own meat :O

Crankyoldgit62

Devoted Cultist
Just heard on the news of a young lad who went blind by just eating junk food and no fruit or veg!!! WTF????!!!! Let this be a wake up call to all the junk food companies and kids who see the story on the news. Let's hope he gets help with the rest of his life!!!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Last edited:

Tribble

Furry Idiot
Hot green steamy liquid bubbling up from the ground in Borås, Sweden!

(The district heating network sprang a leak and they added green dye to help trace the problem)

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/lackage-i-boras-orsakade-spoklik-stadskarna

Then the following day, same thing happened in Tuve (also Sweden).

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/v...hett-vatten-kommer-upp-ur-marken-vid-forskola

District heating is pretty popular in Sweden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating#Sweden

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Hot green steamy liquid bubbling up from the ground in Borås, Sweden!

(The district heating network sprang a leak and they added green dye to help trace the problem)

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/lackage-i-boras-orsakade-spoklik-stadskarna

Then the following day, same thing happened in Tuve (also Sweden).

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/v...hett-vatten-kommer-upp-ur-marken-vid-forskola

District heating is pretty popular in Sweden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating#Sweden
That looks like Ghostbusters 2.

Shady

That it does, Swifty, go put your suit on and get the particle thingymajig and go investigate

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I am not sure if you've understood what I was getting at:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/what-were-you-doing-five-minutes-ago.57514/page-190

Ignore me anyway. These things take us in different ways. Probably just me.
I didn't eat a diet of only potatoes and bread (and nothing else) to develop this condition. FYI, I inherited a gene that makes me more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. I haven't been that reckless with my food intake at all.

Shady

Mine was inherited as well, my mum, sister, and brothers have it and an uncle on my dads side, strangely enough

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I didn't eat a diet of only potatoes and bread (and nothing else) to develop this condition. FYI, I inherited a gene that makes me more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. I haven't been that reckless with my food intake at all.
He ate a lot of pigmeat too, which is not a good idea on a non-balanced diet. Mind you, too much of anything won't do you that much good.

Shady

That is so true, i like chips with tomato sauce, sometimes with american mustard, i like variety, tis the spice of life

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Let this be a wake up call to all the junk food companies...
Why? Nobody forces anyone to eat it, much less to eat nothing but junk food.

lf he’d refused to eat anything but toffee, and had accordingly become obese and diabetic, nobody would be wagging their fingers at confectioners.

maximus otter

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

Shady

Why should she be able to foist her views on others, ok, the banging balls on the metal walls, that should be stopped, but having a bbq, no, just no, trying to stop the rights of others to enforce your own, *sarcastic mode* that's not gonna come back and bite you on the ass, is it

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Think you know what a museum is? I did.

Old Definition:

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 11.51.27.png

Proposed New Definition:

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 11.51.39.png
I went to a cat museum once--it was great.

Tens of thousands of pictures, ornaments, statues and toys of cats, real cats walking around and sitting on everything and everyone.

Fur everywhere.

Not so much on planetary wellbeing and global equality. Also a little light on polyphony.

Source:
https://icom.museum/en/activities/standards-guidelines/museum-definition/

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Not only whacking hurricanes away in the name of God, but also information on the 'park' area of heaven, where tame T-Rexs may be ridden:

The banishing seems no different from witchcraft or shamanistic beliefs, with a bit of LOTR and the Wizard of Oz thrown in.

Also talking shite is hardly grounds for abuse. (yet I guess), or a diagnosis of mental illness that requires treatment. If that was the case my Granddad would have been banged up for years the crap he used to come out with.

I'm bored at everything being seen as some form of threat to children and the need to remove these "threats". I would put these same earnest Millennials as a threat because they are trying to remove everything that offends them. It's like living under Cromwell.

I agree she's a fruit loop but should she be locked up for posting online her beliefs?

He goes on about the hurricane "well people might have been killed if they listen to her" Yep they might but I'm guessing they are adults who have made an informed choice. People decide to do all sorts of crap and die but we don't ban it.

How many people have died because they listened to this woman? I'd say none. It's just the usual fear-mongering.

I mean ffs pick things that are a real threat like racism, intolerance of others, not some loopy old women with a stick - We used to persecute women like that in the past and that didn't work out too well did it?

Christ when I was 6 I think I had more understanding or what was right or wrong or real than a lot of these sententious Millenials do today.

Last edited:

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Sorry for being insensitive, but after saying WTF? this just made me laugh:
View attachment 19900
View attachment 19899
Thousands to attend BBQ outside home of vegan who sued neighbors over smelly meats

Cilla Carden made headlines this week for her legal beef, in which she claimed the odors from her neighbors’ barbecues had destroyed her quality of life, 9News reported.

Now more than 3,000 people are planning to attend a cookout outside her Perth home, organized on a Facebook page called “Community BBQ for Cilla Carden.”

“Don’t let Cilla destroy a good old Aussie tradition, join us for a community BBQ, and help Cilla Carden GET SOME PORK ON HER FORK”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/04/thous...f-vegan-who-sued-neighbors-over-smelly-meats/

:rofl2:

maximus otter

Zeke Newbold

Carbon based biped.
Yes, I do know that Mytho! - I have followed your story - and wasn't trying to make any such insinuation.

My beef was with the fact that people were jauntily discussing this affliction (regardless of causes) - in the `chat` section - when there was already a thread devoted to the news story about the unfortunate boy elsewhere.

I don't know, but if I had been in your position I might have found that a bit...disconcerting, what with coming so soon after your own news.

But-Whatever. If you're okay with it....