Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
I dunno though, I once picked up a can of cat food that seemed suspiciously light, ripped off the ring-pull top and tipped into the cats' bowl to reveal ONE SMALL CUBE of meat in an entire can of gravy.
Ooh and how about getting an all chocolate kitkat? Some mistakes are great. :)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I dunno though, I once picked up a can of cat food that seemed suspiciously light, ripped off the ring-pull top and tipped into the cats' bowl to reveal ONE SMALL CUBE of meat in an entire can of gravy. My several cats looked at it and at me with disgust, and I was hysterical with laughter for about an hour.

When I calmed down I sent the label and a polite letter back to the company, and received an apology and a hefty voucher for more Whiskas or whatever which I donated to the local cats' rescue. I'd had my fun!
That sounds like an 'end of shift on Friday' product.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
received an apology and a hefty voucher
Impoverished students would send word around that they had scored a load of goodies from companies, if they complained of being disappointed in their products. My flatmate decided to give it a try. He did genuinely find a hard lump of compacted pastry in the tinned pie and hoped this was his passport to many more of the same.

A fortnight of waiting for the hamper - or voucher - we were easy but a bit hungry.

What arrived was a short letter, informing us the High Street, Bethesda had a history of housing gourmets, who were very easily upset by some of the natural irregularities of mass-produced foodstuffs. They wished us well, when we graduated! :oops:

Edit 08.30 pm. Thinking of this again, I recall that we had high hopes of our Bethesda house with its own front door and street address. We had given up on getting freebies delivered to Halls-of-Residence under various made-up names. These were the days of the book & record clubs, who were supposed to send out stuff "on approval." Perhaps the early-birds snagged these but the address was soon regarded as a very bad risk for recruiting genuine buyers! :points:

Last edited:

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form

Crankyoldgit62

Devoted Cultist
My next door neighbour doing day at 8.30 this morning!!!! He's been at it for this last two years and had more builders than cups of builders tea!!!!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I'm 'liking' this to draw your attention to the fact that I'd do the same to her.

Reminds me of this court case - Man ordered film of pets being killed for kicks

A pub landlord who commissioned a film showing animals being tortured to death for his sexual kicks was jailed for nine months yesterday.

Brian McCann, 47, paid £1,500 for the home-made video, known as a "crush" or "squish" movie. The film showed a number of small pets being stamped on by women wearing high heels and short skirts, Snaresbrook Crown Court in east London heard. The footage included a scene in which a kitten was glued to the floor and killed by a woman with her stiletto heels.
This bit is particularly risible -

Clare Dobbin, McCann's counsel, said: "He has been visited by terrible shame and disgrace in respect of this. He is clearly a man struggling to understand why he has done what he has done."
Why did he do it? No mystery. It's because he's a twat. That's Brian McCann, erstwhile pub landlord. If he ran a pub near me I'd be sure NOT to drink there.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
On a lighter note, look what I found whilst my wife and I were grocery shopping this evening (no, I did not buy it). I even said out loud in the aisle ''WTF, who'd buy this?''
pork.jpg

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
I'm 'liking' this to draw your attention to the fact that I'd do the same to her.

Reminds me of this court case - Man ordered film of pets being killed for kicks

This bit is particularly risible -

Why did he do it? No mystery. It's because he's a twat. That's Brian McCann, erstwhile pub landlord. If he ran a pub near me I'd be sure NOT to drink there.
That meets the definition of a snuff film sadly the sick fuck.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Most probably the kind of person who shags there mum or sister if they had the chance since the guy has no morals.
I have neither love nor respect for the guy BUT unless you have evidence that will stand up in a court case don't use these forums to fling about unproven allegations.

Actually, even if you do have that evidence, don't post about it here.

Frideswide

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I have neither love nor respect for the guy BUT unless you have evidence that will stand up in a court case don't use these forums to fling about unproven allegations.

Frideswide
To be fair, the guy is unlikely to sue.
1. He won't want the attention.
2. He doesn't have a good name to be besmirched by cheap innuendo.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient

Frideswide
It wasn't an allegation it was A joke in bad taste.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 20.26.32.png

Full article:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20190909-why-flight-shame-is-making-people-swap-planes-for-trains

Why on earth should I feel ashamed? Shame implies guilt; guilt implies having chosen a morally bad option.

I pay for the flights, the cost includes environmental taxes and there is literally no other viable way of making the trips.

Give me a timely and affordable alternative and then we have a moral question.

This growing resistance to aviation has reinvigorated rail travel, with some rediscovering the attraction of night trains...
Ha-ha-ha.

London & South Eastern can't reliably get me to London and that's an hour away.

Let me know when they have a viable service to East Asia...

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I suppose it is nice if you have the time to do it, but most peeps with families want to get there straight away and enjoy the full two weeks. I suspect it is a ploy to get all the kids off of planes :p