Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 20.26.32.png

Full article:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20190909-why-flight-shame-is-making-people-swap-planes-for-trains

Why on earth should I feel ashamed? Shame implies guilt; guilt implies having chosen a morally bad option.

I pay for the flights, the cost includes environmental taxes and there is literally no other viable way of making the trips.

Give me a timely and affordable alternative and then we have a moral question.

This growing resistance to aviation has reinvigorated rail travel, with some rediscovering the attraction of night trains...
Ha-ha-ha.

London & South Eastern can't reliably get me to London and that's an hour away.

Let me know when they have a viable service to East Asia...

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I suppose it is nice if you have the time to do it, but most peeps with families want to get there straight away and enjoy the full two weeks. I suspect it is a ploy to get all the kids off of planes :p

GNC

King-Sized Canary
In Glasgow Ikea, police were called to prevent a huge game of hide and seek this weekend:
Horrendously formatted and advert-ridden news story

Apparently this is a "thing" across the world, but Glasgow cops were having none of it (well, large gatherings have not gone well here, recently). Anyway, this was news to me. I couldn't play hide and seek now, what if I was just left in my hiding place for the whole day?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
In Glasgow Ikea, police were called to prevent a huge game of hide and seek this weekend:
Horrendously formatted and advert-ridden news story

Apparently this is a "thing" across the world, but Glasgow cops were having none of it (well, large gatherings have not gone well here, recently). Anyway, this was news to me. I couldn't play hide and seek now, what if I was just left in my hiding place for the whole day?
It’s a sad state of affairs when you can’t even take your family out for a nice lunch of horse meatballs without being annoyed by overstimulated Weegies.

maximus otter

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Anyway, this was news to me.
I think I must move in different circles to the hide and seek people!

It’s a sad state of affairs when you can’t even take your family out for a nice lunch of horse meatballs without being annoyed by overstimulated Weegies.
:mattack::axem:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
.... so about 3 months ago, I was walking past a local woman's house I'm friendly with but not mates with as such. We just get along. She's got a daughter in her late teens, her Mum's very pretty, so is her daughter, in fact some people mistake them for each other.

**** (the daughter) standing in her front garden struck up some small talk with me which ended with " .. so would you mind getting me a bottle of wine?"

"I won't be getting you a bottle of wine sorry no. I'm friends with your Mum. Are you OK because I can lend you a fiver but I'll need to tell her when I see her again?"

"Thanks. I'll be in the house .. if you need me"

fuck.that.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
.... so about 3 months ago, I was walking past a local woman's house I'm friendly with but not mates with as such. We just get along. She's got a daughter in her late teens, her Mum's very pretty, so is her daughter, in fact some people mistake them for each other.

**** (the daughter) standing in her front garden struck up some small talk with me which ended with " .. so would you mind getting me a bottle of wine?"

"I won't be getting you a bottle of wine sorry no. I'm friends with your Mum. Are you OK because I can lend you a fiver but I'll need to tell her when I see her again?"

fuck.that.
Just walk away. Hassle you don't need.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

fuck.that.
Reminds me of the story someone told me about a woman he knows who's a hopeless drug addict.

A couple of years ago he bumped into her in town and they chatted, and she suddenly said 'I could do with twenty quid if you need a woman!'
After he finished nearly choking from the shock, he mumbled er no ta y'er all right luv and rolled his wheelchair away.

Next time he saw her she was feeling better and apologised profusely.

Kryptonite

Stanley Unwin enthusiasty. Deep joy!
Reminds me of the story someone told me about a woman he knows who's a hopeless drug addict.

A couple of years ago he bumped into her in town and they chatted, and she suddenly said 'I could do with twenty quid if you need a woman!'
After he finished nearly choking from the shock, he mumbled er no ta y'er all right luv and rolled his wheelchair away.

Next time he saw her she was feeling better and apologised profusely.
I used to work in a building that was in a red-light district many years ago. A colleague of mine left work late one night and took a shortcut up a side-street to the train station. As he walked past a doorway, he saw a woman crouched down defecating.

A mere couple of minutes later, he realised he'd left something in work and turned back. As he got to the doorway, the same woman, with her tights now pulled up, propositioned him.

(He says he said no)