Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
‘Zombiefied’ Angelina Jolie lookalike reveals she’s a total fraud

Sahar Tabar stunned the internet after her shocking Instagram selfies went viral.

A teen who claimed she had undergone 50 surgeries to look like her idol Angelina Jolie has admitted she faked the whole thing to “amuse” herself.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/zombiefied-angelina-jolie-look-a-like-reveals-shes-a-total-fraud/
And now she has been arrested:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49952543

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
That really is terrifying, both her appearance and the fact that she thought it was a good idea, or set of ideas, given that there's been 50 surgeries. What were the surgeons thinking, other than $$$$$$$$?
Review the news ... There weren't any surgeries. Allegations of cosmetic surgery were all part of the hoax.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
I need a new mirror!

There used to be a fresh-faced, happy-go-lucky, slim, fit and healthy face smiling back at me. Now, for some reason I can't quite fathom, there's a thinning-haired middle-aged-man who looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders!
ls he overweight with nostril hairs? lf so the bastard’s in mine, too!

maximus otter

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I'm no expert on Socrates, Pyrrho or Al-Ghazali, but the positions attributed to Descartes, Spinoza and Berkley are methodological stages in their arguments, not conclusions.

Descartes did indeed prove to his own satisfaction that he must himself exist, but he went on to feel that he had vouchsafed the existence of the world of his senses with recourse to clear and distinct ideas guaranteed by the nature of God; Spinoza reconceptualised reality as being essentially monistic: God, man, himself and the universe were one; Berkeley utilised the omniscience of God to grant persistent existence to all the 'things' of the world (though he finds no empirical data for physical matter, only ideas), in line with his view that 'to be is to be perceived'.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
So I wake this morning about 6, usual time, listen to radio for 10 minutes start to get up and as I do there’s a very white bright flash of light, it appears to be about the middle of the road and down low, looked out immediately but nothing, no one all the house lights were out no vehicles, not a clue but 100 per cent it happened, very strange.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Maybe someone peddled past on a bike and the Sun caught something on it and it caused the flash. Ok ok i know its a bit far fetched, but it is all i got

pandacracker

Ephemeral Spectre
So I wake this morning about 6, usual time, listen to radio for 10 minutes start to get up and as I do there’s a very white bright flash of light, it appears to be about the middle of the road and down low, looked out immediately but nothing, no one all the house lights were out no vehicles, not a clue but 100 per cent it happened, very strange.
Faulty street light?

RaM

Justified & Ancient
It was pitch dark so no sun, did think of a dying st light but the flash appeared to come from
to low down and the lamp is out of our vision but when they come on tonight I will
look see if they seem normal. There is a pervert down the road but he is only interested
in kid's and not long out on licence so I cant imagine him risking going back to prison
or a introduction to the Lancastrian art of Ecky Thump for a sneak pic of a 70 odd year
old wrinkly.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Could be someone, specially at that time, and probably on the next street, backing out their car to go to work, and the headlamps just flashed you as they turned out their drive

RaM

Justified & Ancient
First thought was the car next door but it wasn't there and it's quiet round here I can hear people walk down the st,
there was no noise, a car from across the st would have been a possibility but I would have heard it
and I was looking out the window so quick I should have seen something.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
A minor mystery from Youtube, which has had me scratching my head.

I clicked on this slightly-random file of Edison recordings this morning, while browsing Youtube on my tablet.

To my surprise there was a button, which gave me the option to save it. I did. It is on the tablet.

Chrome and Android together conspire to make downloading from Youtube as difficult as possible, even when the material is so long out-of-copyright. I have never been able to install any 3rd-party downloaders or properly visit their sites.

I wondered if Youtube had now enabled free downloads of agèd material. Returning to the Mac Mini, there was certainly no button in Safari or Chrome. I returned to the tablet and could no longer find the button there.

Only the existence of the saved file testifies that I found a mysterious button and used it this morning! This was a download and not a mere link to the video. I have now managed to send the 81.6 Mb file to the Mac via Bluetooth. :dunno:

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Have you got Avast running there's a version of Chrome that has Avast built in and that version
seems to be happier to download stuff from U-tube.

michael59

Look up. Change your world perspective.
It was pitch dark so no sun, did think of a dying st light but the flash appeared to come from
to low down and the lamp is out of our vision but when they come on tonight I will
look see if they seem normal. There is a pervert down the road but he is only interested
in kid's and not long out on licence so I cant imagine him risking going back to prison
or a introduction to the Lancastrian art of Ecky Thump for a sneak pic of a 70 odd year
old wrinkly.
One time I was sleeping and an extremely bright flash of light woke me up. I didn't think anything of it and settled back down to go back to sleep. It happened again. I got up and searched all the windows and saw nothing and no one. Went back to bed and it happened 2 more times.

The next day I found out that the corner convenience store had been robbed and it was the police going through peoples yards searching for the robber using a strong flashlight/torch. lol

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Had a look last night and all the st lights are on but I noticed there is a new car
about 6 houses down on the opposite side that has something very reflective
on the front and it is angled perfectly to bounce light just were I saw it, so
maybe it was a reflection from something further down the st I could not see.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
I'm not a happy bunny .. some prick of a delivery driver has just hammered the f--k out of my front door until I answered to receive something the Mrs has ordered .. and I mean hammered the f--k. I was deciding if I should chin him or not but he looked at me half naked then dashed off without asking me to sign his digi pad.

DING DONG SLAM SLAM SLAM .. DING DONG SLAM SLAM SLAM .. DING DONG SLAM SLAM SLAM all within the time frame of only about ten seconds. The only time someone should ever do that is during a genuine emergency .. prick

.. and I had a member of staff who I had to look after this morning because I found her on the floor with her legs shaking. She's lovely but she's an alcoholic in recovery. ffs

Last edited: