Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Most people at some stage in their lives make a decision about the person they want to be in the future- it might be a career decision, taking up a religion or just adopting a certain way of living.

But what I don't get is this: why have some people apparently decided to devote their lives to being a complete arsehole? And why do I usually end up sitting near them on a bus?
It's the Jasper Carrot 'nutter on the bus' phenomena ..

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Now I'm wondering what sort of halfway house this may be, such that a resident mail-ordered uranium ... ???? ...
Hazmat team responds when uranium delivered to halfway house

A hazmat team responded a halfway house in Pennsylvania this week after a resident received an order of uranium through the mail.

Authorities say no charges will be filed because the shipment was legal and poses no health threat.

Upper Darby police say the Harwood House resident ordered two grams of powdered uranium for $12 from a Michigan company. It was in powder form and sealed inside a glass vial within a cardboard box when it was delivered Monday afternoon.

The halfway house screens all incoming packages and found the powder. They notified authorities, who determined the substance was Uranium 238 — a material that can be shipped through the mail.

It’s not clear why the resident ordered the uranium. ...
SOURCE: https://www.apnews.com/08b64d88e5184b8ab61bae911d40ebfa

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
I had a girlfriend once I was around 15 at the time.it was a shame we split up we got on well no thanks to some one with a bad case of jealousy who said I was cheating on her and she believed the lies.lies that made her cry plus she told me she felt lonely because I wasn't there for her that was such a kick in in the gut finding that out.

I was not in school to defend myself I was down with the flu and that was not the end of it once I was back at school we didn't get along lots of shouting matches this went on for months plus people not minding their own business and getting involved and people turning her against me as a way to bully me plus I had problems at home so I had a hard time dealing with both of those things at the same time but we did become friends again in the end and I've been single since then but it doesn't bother me.i know this may sound weird but I regret allowing her to get so close to me because it seems it can come back and bite you in the ass.

Last edited:

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Alas, that's the gamble of the mating game, old chap.
I guess that's what happens when two people have something in common you end up getting close even though I only saw her at school but she did come up to my place once when it was during the school holidays so it was fun while it lasted and it's true love hurts.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
I'm not sure which aspect of this story carries the biggest "WTF?!?" factor - the object, the person attempting to carry it onboard an airplane, or the official / legal response.

gun-toilet-roller.jpeg
TSA finds gun-shaped toilet paper roller in bag at airport

Transportation Security Administration agents at New Jersey’s Newark Liberty Airport uncovered a more decorative than deadly item when they checked a passenger’s carry-on.

Agents on Tuesday thought there was a gun in the bag when they put it through the X-ray machine. However, a closer inspection revealed a gun-shaped toilet paper roller. The realistic replica gun was designed to spin paper instead of bullets.

Travelers are not permitted to bring real or replica firearms through security checkpoints.

TSA says it gave the man the option to place it in a checked bag, hand it off to a companion or surrender it. He decided to give it to TSA.
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/745c9bdaf31d41f68e9e663c43396552

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Funny review of Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4 from their website:

This hotel is disgusting. I stayed here for one night last night with my 6 year old and my friend. The bedding was filthy, when I requested clean bedding to change it myself, the new bedding was dirty. The radiator vents were caked in dust that looked months old. The sofa bed was broken and rock hard with stains and dirt on the mattress. The bath had multiple pubes in and there was a dead fly in the sink. I wouldn't stay here again under any circumstances. Avoid!

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
It's been on their own website* for over two months! They must edit that about as often as they change the sheets! :rollingw:

*I see "their own website" is an automated, corporate affair which simply connects to the most recent reviews on TripAdvisor.

More fool them!

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Hmmm.
You wonder if the crims are testing the security for future 'exploits'.
I’m pretty sure it’s just hyperparanoia. l distinctly recall a news story of an airline passenger being ordered to turn his Guns N’ Roses T-shirt inside out before he boarded, because “You can’t be too careful.”

Newsflash: Yes, you can.

maximus otter

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure it’s just hyperparanoia. l distinctly recall a news story of an airline passenger being ordered to turn his Guns N’ Roses T-shirt inside out before he boarded, because “You can’t be too careful.”

Newsflash: Yes, you can.

maximus otter
The passenger might have been attacked by music lovers.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
first one no work, second one is telling me its my fault, im offline, BS