Things That Make You Go... WTF?

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Well, nine-foot Sasquatches aside, @Stillill is thus far the only one to spot what I've spotted. :D

I want to think it's a car disappearing down a hill, but it doesn't appear that way to me. It really looks to me as if it just disappears. Which led me to wonder about some sort of suspect-video-editing (rather than anything paranormal).

Further thoughts? The disappearing car appears just before the drifting car appears, at about 9 seconds in.
Just an edit, watch the truck at the same time and it’s just an overlapping dissolve in and out to presumably remove time where nothing happened.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
I thought the skids in the snow were there previously as if it the manouvere had already been tried, and also the headlights disappearing weirdly in the background

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
I thought the skids in the snow were there previously as if it the manouvere had already been tried, and also the headlights disappearing weirdly in the background
Well spotted! S'ppose there could have been other cars skidding before that one, but I guess its my inherent distrust of news which tends to make me see things which may or may not be there...

Krepostnoi

Viva la Quinta Brigada
In Zebs' clip, as the drifting car goes past, it kicks up a cloud of debris, which travels from left to right as we watch the frame. After the car itself disappears from shot, there are a couple of odd yellow flashes which seem to move in the opposite direction. About 23" in, and again at about 53" during the replay. What are they?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
In Zebs' clip ... After the car itself disappears from shot, there are a couple of odd yellow flashes which seem to move in the opposite direction. About 23" in, and again at about 53" during the replay. What are they?
My guess is that they're reflections of the tow truck's (or maybe the police vehicle's?) flashers in the cloud of snow and ice kicked up by the sliding SUV. Their different elevations would be a result of different reflection angles as the cloud spreads and dissipates.

Edit to Add:
If you look at the tow truck's driver-side door as the driver opens it and enters the cab (circa :07 - :09) you'll see at least one yellow strobe / flash reflecting off the door's interior around the window.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
How to build a wooden mousetrap from scratch.

Not suitable for mouse-lovers!

Sounds a bit dull but this is a project inspired by an unusual design from 1869. It is essentially a wooden model of a mouse with a trigger on the front for bait. When a mouse steps on it, spring-loaded razor-sharp harpoons emerge from the wooden mouse's eye-sockets and skewer the victim's brain! Bizarre and horrible but very nicely-crafted as a device and as a video!

We are spared the carnage by a cardboard tube but the corpse is fed to the local wildlife at the beaver dam. :clap:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Manchester: Police arrest driver who was six times the limit - and had no front tyres

A man was arrested after driving while nearly six times over the limit and with no front tyres on the M66.

Source: Sky News Online
Date: 1 January, 2020

A driver in Manchester was stopped by police after officers noticed the car had no front tyres.

Greater Manchester traffic officers said they spotted the vehicle on the M66 southbound, towards Junction 2, and saw that it was "struggling to drive".

Sharing the pictures of the tyreless car on Twitter in the early hours of New Year's Day, officers added: "No surprise when the driver was arrested after providing a roadside breath test of 196!!"

https://news.sky.com/story/manchest...mes-the-limit-and-had-no-front-tyres-11899378

This old Reddit request made me snort. If genuine, it offers more proof that some people are barking mad.

View attachment 22369

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/50jt64
This old Reddit request made me snort. If genuine, it offers more proof that some people are barking mad.

View attachment 22369

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/50jt64
He has been stung for long enough, he deserves some honey.