Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Krepostnoi

Almost uniquely humourless
Reaction score
In Zebs' clip, as the drifting car goes past, it kicks up a cloud of debris, which travels from left to right as we watch the frame. After the car itself disappears from shot, there are a couple of odd yellow flashes which seem to move in the opposite direction. About 23" in, and again at about 53" during the replay. What are they?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
In Zebs' clip ... After the car itself disappears from shot, there are a couple of odd yellow flashes which seem to move in the opposite direction. About 23" in, and again at about 53" during the replay. What are they?
My guess is that they're reflections of the tow truck's (or maybe the police vehicle's?) flashers in the cloud of snow and ice kicked up by the sliding SUV. Their different elevations would be a result of different reflection angles as the cloud spreads and dissipates.

Edit to Add:
If you look at the tow truck's driver-side door as the driver opens it and enters the cab (circa :07 - :09) you'll see at least one yellow strobe / flash reflecting off the door's interior around the window.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
How to build a wooden mousetrap from scratch.

Not suitable for mouse-lovers!

Sounds a bit dull but this is a project inspired by an unusual design from 1869. It is essentially a wooden model of a mouse with a trigger on the front for bait. When a mouse steps on it, spring-loaded razor-sharp harpoons emerge from the wooden mouse's eye-sockets and skewer the victim's brain! Bizarre and horrible but very nicely-crafted as a device and as a video!

We are spared the carnage by a cardboard tube but the corpse is fed to the local wildlife at the beaver dam. :clap:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Manchester: Police arrest driver who was six times the limit - and had no front tyres

A man was arrested after driving while nearly six times over the limit and with no front tyres on the M66.

Source: Sky News Online
Date: 1 January, 2020

A driver in Manchester was stopped by police after officers noticed the car had no front tyres.

Greater Manchester traffic officers said they spotted the vehicle on the M66 southbound, towards Junction 2, and saw that it was "struggling to drive".

Sharing the pictures of the tyreless car on Twitter in the early hours of New Year's Day, officers added: "No surprise when the driver was arrested after providing a roadside breath test of 196!!"

https://news.sky.com/story/manchest...mes-the-limit-and-had-no-front-tyres-11899378

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
This old Reddit request made me snort. If genuine, it offers more proof that some people are barking mad.

View attachment 22369

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/50jt64
This old Reddit request made me snort. If genuine, it offers more proof that some people are barking mad.

View attachment 22369

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/50jt64
He has been stung for long enough, he deserves some honey.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Nice to know we're still needed somehow Cheryl but I think I'll pass thanks all the same .. as generous an offer as that is and all ..

acheyrl.jpg

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
There was an 'artist' featured on some TV clip over a decade ago who's 'art' consisted of filling a very large (large enough to swim in) glass tank full of human semen .. unsurprisingly, I didn't enthusiastically chase up the progress of his project but he was offering to accept jizz donations from the public .. I'll see if I can re find this 'spunk Damien Hirst' online unless anyone can find it first ..

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
There was an 'artist' featured on some TV clip over a decade ago who's 'art' consisted of filling a very large (large enough to swim in) glass tank full of human semen .. unsurprisingly, I didn't enthusiastically chase up the progress of his project but he was offering to accept jizz donations from the public .. I'll see if I can re find this 'spunk Damien Hirst' online unless anyone can find it first ..
You'd have to wank yourself into oblivion to achieve this on your own. Probably for several years. Maybe he got an Arts Council grant to cover expenses whilst doing so.