Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
oh. oh.

Angry Bagel Guy Fight Promoter Angered by No-Show ... You Cost Us $100k!!!
Chris Morgan surprised everyone involved with his scheduled boxing event Saturday night in Atlantic City by announcing on Twitter hours before that he'd fooled them all ... and had no intention of showing up to get beat up.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/30/angry-bagel-guy-chris-morgan-lawsuit-bailing-celebrity-fight/

Wow. Whodathunkit. He came up short on his deal. Won't get a girlfriend that way, little man. That's the height of bad form.

Guy needs a friend.
Guy famous for being mostly mouth flakes out. Who'da thunk.
Seems like eleven minutes of fame was sufficient for him.

On the other hand, my heart bleeds peanut butter for the "promoters" who got stiffed.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Gwyneth Paltrow's foofoo apparently smells of "geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed", and you can share the joy by buying her latest product:

Yes, it's a genuine product, and only costs $75 for a whiff of celeb clacker.

maximus "Biting tongue until it bleeds" otter

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Gwyneth Paltrow's foofoo apparently smells of "geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed", and you can share the joy by buying her latest product:

This doesn't make scents!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

No thanks but thanks anyway.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
I'd go WTF on this roller coaster in Taiwan .. NSFW, swearing

There is no amount of money you could pay me to get on that thing!

Years ago Mr Zebra and I went to Disneyland Paris, first time we'd been to a theme park, we tried Space Mountain... dunno how I survived that one. We think of it as "we've done that, we've tried it, no need to do it again". I can barely handle the ruddy teacups thing.

It's the whole 'what if' factor, what if the rails don't connect correctly one day .. mechanical fault .. maintenance engineer with a hangover one day ..
Yes, that's certainly a big part of it. And just the... I don't know, out of control feeling, I think?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
It's the whole 'what if' factor, what if the rails don't connect correctly one day .. mechanical fault .. maintenance engineer with a hangover one day ..
There are fascinating videos on YouTube about the Alton Towers accident of a few years ago. There'd been a minor problem that held held the ride up so the operators laid on an extra train to help reduce the queue WITHOUT TELLING THE ENGINEERS.

So when the problem was sorted and a test train was sent through it collided with one full of passengers.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
There are fascinating videos on YouTube about the Alton Towers accident of a few years ago. There'd been a minor problem that held held the ride up so the operators laid on an extra train to help reduce the queue WITHOUT TELLING THE ENGINEERS.

So when the problem was sorted and a test train was sent through it collided with one full of passengers.
Have you got a link to that please?

Now that's what I call drunk!

A driver who was reported as being in cardiac arrest after falling from the cab of his lorry was actually over the drink drive limit, police have said.

Warwickshire Police said it was called after the man ended up lying in lane one of the M6 northbound at junction two, Coventry, on Saturday night. The motorway was closed and an ambulance was called, police said. The man was later arrested. In a post on Facebook, the Operational Policing Unit said it "beggars belief".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-51082515

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I'd go WTF on this roller coaster in Taiwan
It's scary just to watch it on the sofa! To be fair, a lot of the paying customers wimp out of the full impact of the experience by shutting their eyes or averting them from the drop. I did that myself, when I was once persuaded to go on a ride that visited Manchester - one of those where a horizontal spinning-doughnut is raised until it becomes vertical! I saw nothing of it but felt like a lucky cat emerging from a spin-dryer. :hungo:

Schrodinger's Zebra

Eight pounds ten in the biscuit tin
Walking alone through the afternoon traffic...
Now that's what I call drunk!

A driver who was reported as being in cardiac arrest after falling from the cab of his lorry was actually over the drink drive limit, police have said.

Warwickshire Police said it was called after the man ended up lying in lane one of the M6 northbound at junction two, Coventry, on Saturday night. The motorway was closed and an ambulance was called, police said. The man was later arrested. In a post on Facebook, the Operational Policing Unit said it "beggars belief".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-51082515
What an idiot. He's lucky he wasn't squashed.