Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Gwyneth Paltrow's foofoo apparently smells of "geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed", and you can share the joy by buying her latest product:

Yes, it's a genuine product, and only costs $75 for a whiff of celeb clacker.

maximus "Biting tongue until it bleeds" otter
This doesn't make scents!

pandacracker

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
"vagina candle" means something else in the pandercracker household.

Also, I misread it as ambrette swede.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Gwyneth Paltrow's foofoo apparently smells of "geranium, citrusy bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed", and you can share the joy by buying her latest product:

Yes, it's a genuine product, and only costs $75 for a whiff of celeb clacker.

maximus "Biting tongue until it bleeds" otter
No thanks but thanks anyway.

Swifty

Reaction score
I love roller-coasters, but I hate gravity-drop rides.

I'd have to seriously think about whether to go that or not.
It's the whole 'what if' factor, what if the rails don't connect correctly one day .. mechanical fault .. maintenance engineer with a hangover one day ..

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
I'd go WTF on this roller coaster in Taiwan .. NSFW, swearing

There is no amount of money you could pay me to get on that thing!

Years ago Mr Zebra and I went to Disneyland Paris, first time we'd been to a theme park, we tried Space Mountain... dunno how I survived that one. We think of it as "we've done that, we've tried it, no need to do it again". I can barely handle the ruddy teacups thing.

It's the whole 'what if' factor, what if the rails don't connect correctly one day .. mechanical fault .. maintenance engineer with a hangover one day ..
Yes, that's certainly a big part of it. And just the... I don't know, out of control feeling, I think?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
There are fascinating videos on YouTube about the Alton Towers accident of a few years ago. There'd been a minor problem that held held the ride up so the operators laid on an extra train to help reduce the queue WITHOUT TELLING THE ENGINEERS.

So when the problem was sorted and a test train was sent through it collided with one full of passengers.

Swifty

Reaction score
There are fascinating videos on YouTube about the Alton Towers accident of a few years ago. There'd been a minor problem that held held the ride up so the operators laid on an extra train to help reduce the queue WITHOUT TELLING THE ENGINEERS.

So when the problem was sorted and a test train was sent through it collided with one full of passengers.
Have you got a link to that please?

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Now that's what I call drunk!

A driver who was reported as being in cardiac arrest after falling from the cab of his lorry was actually over the drink drive limit, police have said.

Warwickshire Police said it was called after the man ended up lying in lane one of the M6 northbound at junction two, Coventry, on Saturday night. The motorway was closed and an ambulance was called, police said. The man was later arrested. In a post on Facebook, the Operational Policing Unit said it "beggars belief".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-51082515

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I'd go WTF on this roller coaster in Taiwan
It's scary just to watch it on the sofa! To be fair, a lot of the paying customers wimp out of the full impact of the experience by shutting their eyes or averting them from the drop. I did that myself, when I was once persuaded to go on a ride that visited Manchester - one of those where a horizontal spinning-doughnut is raised until it becomes vertical! I saw nothing of it but felt like a lucky cat emerging from a spin-dryer. :hungo:

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
Now that's what I call drunk!

A driver who was reported as being in cardiac arrest after falling from the cab of his lorry was actually over the drink drive limit, police have said.

Warwickshire Police said it was called after the man ended up lying in lane one of the M6 northbound at junction two, Coventry, on Saturday night. The motorway was closed and an ambulance was called, police said. The man was later arrested. In a post on Facebook, the Operational Policing Unit said it "beggars belief".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-51082515
What an idiot. He's lucky he wasn't squashed.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Ooo i went on one of those and loved it, i ran round and got on again, the donut one, not that horror that Swifty showed us, i would not trust that at all, i tended to go on things high in my yoof, even tho i hate heights, i do not do it anymore

Swifty

Reaction score
Ooo i went on one of those and loved it, i ran round and got on again, the donut one, not that horror that Swifty showed us, i would not trust that at all, i tended to go on things high in my yoof, even tho i hate heights, i do not do it anymore
I popped my roller coaster cherry at Alton Towers .. I was terrified of the idea of them until my best mate talked me into going on the Black Hole. The park was quiet that day for some reason so we went on it about 5 times, straight off the ride and back onto the ride. The Corkscrew was cool as well but my favourite was The Cobra at Drayton Manor .. a few of us went on it after dropping acid a few years later.

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Reaction score
I stay away from those type of rides but I went on a Coxwains course for a free fall lifeboat >
Youtube Video > Schat Harding Freefall Lifeboat
We had to do it 16 times and I never got used to it.
The few seconds of silence while going through the air are quite unnerving and I found it impossible to keep my eyes open.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I stay away from those type of rides but I went on a Coxwains course for a free fall lifeboat >
Youtube Video > Schat Harding Freefall Lifeboat
We had to do it 16 times and I never got used to it.
The few seconds of silence while going through the air are quite unnerving and I found it impossible to keep my eyes open.
Did you Schat yourself?

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You can now, apparently, buy a scented candle that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina!?!

Pussy galore? I would say that words fail me but I can never resist a cheap gag... More seriously, it makes me think that the human race doesn't deserve to survive. Hey ho. I'll drink my Australian riesling, watch The Thing From Another World and try not to think of Ms Paltrow's pussy...

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...ing-a-candle-that-smells-like-her-vagina-goop