Things That Make You Go... WTF?

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
You can now, apparently, buy a scented candle that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina!?!

Pussy galore? I would say that words fail me but I can never resist a cheap gag... More seriously, it makes me think that the human race doesn't deserve to survive. Hey ho. I'll drink my Australian riesling, watch The Thing From Another World and try not to think of Ms Paltrow's pussy...

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...ing-a-candle-that-smells-like-her-vagina-goop
That actually surprised me. I've always thought of her as a bit of a "Little Miss Goodie Two Shoes."

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You can now, apparently, buy a scented candle that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina!?!

Pussy galore? I would say that words fail me but I can never resist a cheap gag... More seriously, it makes me think that the human race doesn't deserve to survive. Hey ho. I'll drink my Australian riesling, watch The Thing From Another World and try not to think of Ms Paltrow's pussy...

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...ing-a-candle-that-smells-like-her-vagina-goop
Just don't turn the candle to face the other way, as the smell is less appealing...

Vardoger

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Without internet for a whole day and a few hours. It was worse than having a day without caffeine. Not too many withdrawal symptoms luckily.
Yesterday the cable modem stopped working and I needed to get a new from my internet provider. At first it started with internet coming and going, then no internet while the modem was blinking, a few hours later no lights at all from the modem. The internet provider wasn't open until today morning.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Jeez - they're £58 - for a candle. It's amazing the shit people will buy. We only have her word it smells like her vagina, which I'm inclined to doubt. Could we start a class action lawsuit for misselling?

pandacracker

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Jeez - they're £58 - for a candle. It's amazing the shit people will buy. We only have her word it smells like her vagina, which I'm inclined to doubt.
There is a way of verifying whether it does, in fact, have the odour of Ms Paltrow's genital paraphernalia.

But I'm not volunteering.

Swifty?

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope it's not a candle :)
No, it's whatever I find in the wee drawer on my desk that is too small to be useful but which is always and unaccountably full of stuff.

Today you win... a wine bottle cork with a 20p piece wedged into it. I think it's an apotropaic itrm.

Enjoy

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
No, it's whatever I find in the wee drawer on my desk that is too small to be useful but which is always and unaccountably full of stuff.

Today you win... a wine bottle cork with a 20p piece wedged into it. I think it's an apotropaic itrm.

Enjoy
That could be a modern art masterpiece

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I'll tell you who's sold out: Gwyneth Paltrow. I used to excuse her "eccentricities" but now she's basically a snake oil saleswoman making other women paranoid about their health and selling them useless products that fuel that fear and increase her bank balance. Shame on Netflix for allowing her to promote this shite. And shame on her for this anti-scientific crap.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I'll tell you who's sold out: Gwyneth Paltrow. I used to excuse her "eccentricities" but now she's basically a snake oil saleswoman making other women paranoid about their health and selling them useless products that fuel that fear and increase her bank balance. Shame on Netflix for allowing her to promote this shite. And shame on her for this anti-scientific crap.
I'm sorry GNC but I have to disagree .. the humorous promise of the smell of her vagina is exactly what society needs to keep smiling at the moment and I, for one applaud her for that. I'm sure it wasn't just a publicity stunt.

Vardoger

Antediluvian
Reaction score
There must have been a drunken brainstorming session one night where everyone played a game of suggesting the worst product they could come up with and make the suckers pay for.
One can only imagine. "Paltrow to her team: "- I think my vagina smells lovely. Let's make a perfume or scent out of it.", pulls down panties and ask her team to smell it." :D

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I'm sorry GNC but I have to disagree .. the humorous promise of the smell of her vagina is exactly what society needs to keep smiling at the moment and I, for one applaud her for that. I'm sure it wasn't just a publicity stunt.
And what if someone who needs a doctor decides to buy one of her fake medicines? Still funny then?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
And what if someone who needs a doctor decides to buy one of her fake medicines? Still funny then?
I hadn't thought that far ahead GNC .. I was too busy showing off and being flippant just for effect.