Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I'd like to think this man did what he did to get back at the bubble-wrap-popper, because that would provide grounds for considering him as something more than a complete moron ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/e72560d8255a2fb3ee3fb469241b1ef6
If Nelson Gibson's in a room on his own and the standee doesn't interfere with the staff's ability to work, it shouldn't be a problem. If he's sharing his treatment room with a mixture of Democrats and Republicans, I could see his life size standee potentially causing problems.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
So a supply teacher wanders into the staff base. First thing he tells us is he knows nothing about science. Fair enough, no problem. He then proceeds to try to tell us all how the periodic table works. By us all I mean a room full of science teachers...

Swifty

Reaction score
So a supply teacher wanders into the staff base. First thing he tells us is he knows nothing about science. Fair enough, no problem. He then proceeds to try to tell us all how the periodic table works. By us all I mean a room full of science teachers...
We had a 17 year old waitress last year explain to our 2 Michelin star chef the difference between high risk and low risk food. He replied with "Thank you for the basic food hygiene lesson."

The same waitress asked me why our pot washer used such hot water ..

"The hot water mixed with the detergent dissolves food off plates faster and more thoroughly"

.. the sassy little cow fixed me a look ..

"Do you explain that to all your staff?"

"No because no one else has been daft enough to ask me that before."

She's at Uni now studying law or something. I hope she doesn't come back on her break.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I was standing next to a hotel, let's say the Salford Quays Hotel.

A man walked up to me and asked if I knew where the Salford Quays Hotel was.
I said 'Yeah, it's right over there!'

He looked at the sign, sighed and said 'That's the Holiday Inn Express Salford Quays Hotel.'
I said 'Yep, that's the place.' He replied 'No, that's the Holi-day Inn Exp-ress Sal-ford Quays Ho-tel', stressing each syllable to show me how wrong I was.

Realising I was talking to a moron, I walked off. Techy then arrived so the bloke started accosting him instead.
I said 'C'mon Techy, don't let him waste YOUR time as well!' and dragged him away.

The bloke's probably still there asking for directions to the hotel across the road.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
We had a 17 year old waitress last year explain to our 2 Michelin star chef the difference between high risk and low risk food. He replied with "Thank you for the basic food hygiene lesson."

The same waitress asked me why our pot washer used such hot water ..

"The hot water mixed with the detergent dissolves food off plates faster and more thoroughly"

.. the sassy little cow fixed me a look ..

"Do you explain that to all your staff?"

"No because no one else has been daft enough to ask me that before."

She's at Uni now studying law or something. I hope she doesn't come back on her break.
Also, see a keen trainspotter conversing with a member of train crew, telling them 'I shouldn't use the terms 'up' and' down' lines to you because you won't understand them!'

('Up' in England means 'towards London' and 'down' means 'away from London'.)

Swifty

Reaction score
Also, see a keen trainspotter conversing with a member of train crewe, telling them 'I shouldn't use the terms 'up' and' down' lines to you because you won't understand them!'

('Up' in England means 'towards London' and 'down' means 'away from London'.)
I would have replied "What's a line?" ..

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I was standing next to a hotel, let's say the Salford Quays Hotel.

He looked at the sign, sighed and said 'That's the Holiday Inn Express Salford Quays Hotel.'
I said 'Yep, that's the place.' He replied 'No, that's the Holi-day Inn Exp-ress Sal-ford Quays Ho-tel', stressing each syllable to show me how wrong I was.

Realising I was talking to a moron, I walked off. Techy then arrived so the bloke started accosting him instead.
I said 'C'mon Techy, don't let him waste YOUR time as well!' and dragged him away.

The bloke's probably still there asking for directions to the hotel across the road.
A bit like the old ( Max Miller ? ) joke: some body asked me where the other side of the road is, I said "it's over there" he said " I was just over there and some body told me it was over here" !

Swifty

Reaction score
I used to love chip butties :dinner:
I had an idea where you could get a sausage but put it in a long sausage shaped bun and put ketchup and mustard on it, maybe even some fried onion as well but I couldn't think of a name for it so I fucked the idea off mate.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I had an idea where you could get a sausage but put it in a long sausage shaped bun and put ketchup and mustard on it, maybe even some fried onion as well but I couldn't think of a name for it so I fucked the idea off mate.
Yeah, that'd never catch on.

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Reaction score
How about sausage bun ?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Techy bought some bizarre 'mushy peas burgers' a few years ago, made of, well, battered and deep-fried mushy peas. They arrived frozen. He cooked them like beef burgers.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
A fast-food business and a way of dealing with Cromer's ageing population...
burgervan.jpg

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Some crazy food visionary has designed an amazing new burger idea for Burger King although they're trial-ing it first, I can't see it catching on, it's too out there for me .. wow

In Australia, Burger King is called Hungry Jacks (for legal reasons) bur recently advertised on t.v is this similar wonder, the Cheesy Bacon Chip Butty:
cheesybacon.png

See it in it's full glory here: https://www.hungryjacks.com.au/menu/what-s-new/cheesy-bacon-chip-butty

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score

I did that same thing (almost the same thing) when shopping at the local Safeway grocery store a couple months ago.

I asked one of the employee's if she could point out where the sour dough rye bread was. She said "It's right there." and using her finger to point at the bread less than a foot in front of me, I couldn't stop laughing at my own stupidity. :D