Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Vardoger

Don't stand, don't stand, so close to me...

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Oddly my only experience of MOD food was there.

An open day for the Auxilary Air Force...Sadly my health didnt allow me to join.

And yes I did have the brekfast; I recall the Black pudding was very good.

Krepostnoi

Almost uniquely humourless
I think egg/bacon banjos are named so by the services.
I was initially surprised to see egg banjoes listed under that name on cafe menus in Malaysia. And then I thought about it a bit more, and wasn't surprised any longer.

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
When I posted that for the enjoyment of railway staff nobody was surprised and some mentioned their own such antics involving hot drinks, muffins etc and even pizzas and curries.
A man in Carstairs Junction told me a story about the pub there (sadly closed) where they would line up a set of half pints for when the mail train would come through. The staff would rush up, neck the half pint and rush back to the train!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
A man in Carstairs Junction told me a story about the pub there (sadly closed) where they would line up a set of half pints for when the mail train would come through. The staff would rush up, neck the half pint and rush back to the train!
Hahaha, brilliant! When I worked nights on the Royal Mail part of the job entailed loading sacks of mail on trains.
We'd pop across from the station to the pub for Last Orders between trains. Happy days.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
A Victorian Belt for Everything.
1585340536233.jpeg

DURING THE VICTORIAN ERA, OR THE “Electric Era,” as it was referred to in many advertisements of the time, new inventions like the electric telegraph and electric lights were quickly changing day-to-day activities for the general public. But beyond these practical household devices were the rather more dubious electrotherapeutic inventions that tried to harness that thrilling buzz for the sake of beauty and health.

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
A Victorian Belt for Everything.
View attachment 24558

DURING THE VICTORIAN ERA, OR THE “Electric Era,” as it was referred to in many advertisements of the time, new inventions like the electric telegraph and electric lights were quickly changing day-to-day activities for the general public. But beyond these practical household devices were the rather more dubious electrotherapeutic inventions that tried to harness that thrilling buzz for the sake of beauty and health.
Is that like the modern-day TENS machine?