Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
I think this might be connected to a video I've watched earlier today of a Minneapolis police officer who's recently knelt of the back of the neck of a black fella until he slowly dies .. it's horrific to watch so I won't be sharing it on this board but we're talking Rodney King styles of riot potential .. the officer should receive the death penalty for it, his co worker should receive life for not stopping in happening .. it took around ten minutes for the man to slowly die, I watched the whole thing :mad:
I agree the shitbag should get the death penalty, but if it were up to me, I'd just toss him in prison. We all know how that goes for bad cops. Nobody likes a bad cop. Of course there are other shitbags defending the pig. I've been embarrassed to be an American for some years now. Starting to wonder if "human being" is a title to be proud of.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
I agree the shitbag should get the death penalty, but if it were up to me, I'd just toss him in prison. We all know how that goes for bad cops. Nobody likes a bad cop. Of course there are other shitbags defending the pig. I've been embarrassed to be an American for some years now. Starting to wonder if "human being" is a title to be proud of.
Perhaps we should wait for the trial and, you know, hear all the evidence from both sides?

maximus otter

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Perhaps we should wait for the trial and, you know, hear all the evidence from both sides?

maximus otter
Trial? When we can hear Matthew Hopkins' boots crunching through the broken glass of Minneapolis neighbourhoods.
If any lawyer dares to present mitigating evidence, the violence will redouble, with cries of whitewash.
In any case, the hang-em-high brigade are likely to be disappointed, as Minneapolis has no death penalty.

Ogdred Weary

No Lives Matter
Reaction score
Only starting to wonder? All you humans are dreadful.

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
There's never been a veneer of civilisation. Just the same mob rule and unending barbarianism ad nauseam...
Untrue. Look around you. Certainly rationality is being given a strong test at this time, But we would never have achieved the (relatively) fair society we currently have without people being prepared to act for the interests of those other than themselves.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
The shit has it the fan in the USA so much police brutality going on and there's list a on sub Reddit.
Yeah, it's terrible how the police are rioting, and burning buildings and cars.

I think we need to assemble a special anti-riot squad composed of journalists, social media influencers, religious spokesmen etc., and put them in charge of restoring order.

maximus otter

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I think we need to assemble a special anti-riot squad composed of journalists, social media influencers, religious spokesmen etc., and put them in charge of restoring order.

maximus otter
People are angry so there lashing out but let's completely forget the fact a black man was murderd just for being black.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Plenty of folk in the US get murdered for being white...or anything else.

(But we dont see the SJW getting worked up over that)

Arent there still natives at war with other tribes?

(And the SJW dont worry either)

Ogdred Weary

No Lives Matter
Reaction score

Arbitrary killings are monstrous, whatever the reason and whoever the victim, it's particularly concerning when it's the authorities doing it.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

That's because sjw/slacktivists are pre occupied with being outraged at fictional media instead of actually helping oppressed people.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Yup. The protests in London are full of rent-a-mob protesters who will go and join a crowd of people to protest against anything. Climate change, Poll Tax, Anti-Brexit, or even if someone looks at their sandwich.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yup. The protests in London are full of rent-a-mob protesters who will go and join a crowd of people to protest against anything. Climate change, Poll Tax, Anti-Brexit, or even if someone looks at their sandwich.
The 2011 London riots serve as a warning to how rapidly demonstrations can turn to extreme violence.

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This man broke up with his high-school girlfriend a decade ago. Three years later, he met and married another woman.

Today his wife found this letter to him in their family mailbox.

View attachment 26685View attachment 26686
Since him rapidly aging 49 years and her getting 49 years younger is the requested judgement, I'm pretty sure God's gonna judge him not guilty.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
It's been prohibited all along by default though hasn't it? You're not allowed to go to each other's house if you live apart.

monkeyfudger

Open minded with healthy scepticism.
Reaction score

maximus otter
Depends how one defines "rioting". If the term includes:

Pepper spraying;
Attacking with batons;
Driving into;
Shooting rubber bullets at;

lawful bystanders...or firing paint canisters at people standing on their own front porch...

Then some police officers are indeed rioting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...94/police-violence-peaceful-protesters-images

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...0-05-30/la-reporter-tear-gas-police?_amp=true

Ogdred Weary

No Lives Matter
Reaction score
This came up as a recommended YouTube vid, Andy Milonakis has a condition where he never went through puberty but is in his 40s, he does comedy rap and related stuff. I don't know if the guy is a paedo or simply insane. Both is entirely possible though.

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score

maximus otter
Would they have the same kill rate as the US police though?? I don't think they would.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Duuuude - Where's your conscience?!? ...
Police: Florida man lets 12-year-old drive Jeep 85 mph

A Florida man is facing felony charges after police said he let a 12-year-old girl drive his SUV and told her to speed because he wanted to be a “cool father” — even though he is not her dad.

Shaun Michaelsen, 41, told the arresting officer Monday he is friends with the girl’s mother and that the girl and her friend were staying with him for a few days, according to court records.

He said the girl had asked earlier in the day if she could drive his Jeep, so he thought “it would be cool” and that he was trying to be a “cool father,” the police report said. Michaelsen also told officers he had been drinking.

Jupiter Officer Craig Yochum said in his arrest report that he spotted the Jeep make an illegal U-turn and then speed away at about 12:10 a.m. Monday. He followed and the Jeep reached speeds of 85 mph (135 kph) in a 45 mph (70 kph) zone before he was able to pull it over. He said that when he asked the 12-year-old why she was driving so fast, she said Michaelsen told her to. ...

Michaelsen is charged with child neglect, allowing an unauthorized person to drive and causing a minor to become a delinquent for buying the girls vape pens — he says they requested, according to authorities. ...
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/990a098dd2714c7a5548e1ccc431339f

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Update for Closure ...

The man who sued his dry-cleaner for $65,500,000...
This bizarre case evolved into such a circus it got its own Wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_v._Chung

... and it repeatedly surfaced on this forum for a couple of years:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/things-that-make-you-go-wtf.26340/post-710350
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/things-that-make-you-go-wtf.26340/post-718349
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/things-that-make-you-go-wtf.26340/post-725069
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/is-this-litigation-gone-mad.4565/post-718376
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/is-this-litigation-gone-mad.4565/post-725486
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/things-that-make-you-go-wtf.26340/post-827432

Over a decade later, it's finally run its maximum conceivable course, resulting in a 90-day suspension for the administrative judge who was the pants plaintiff.
$54 Million Lawsuit Over Missing Pants Ends With Suspension

It’s rare that a court case that fails to touch upon core constitutional principles manages to get its own Wikipedia page. But Pearson v. Chung is one of those exceptions. Pearson, a former administrative law judge, sued his dry cleaners for losing a pair of his pants that he claimed were worth over $1,000. Over time, his demands ballooned, peaking at a $67 million claim before retreating to a more restrained $54 million.

After failing to prevail on his claims, and consistently losing disciplinary proceedings against him, the Court of Appeals has weighed in and outlined some issues with Pearson’s damage figures ...

Now, 15 years after Pearson lost his pants and 11 years after the underlying case concluded, the ordeal is finally over, with the Court of Appeals affirming the Board on Professional Responsibility decision suspending Pearson’s license for 90 days based upon findings of misconduct in both motion and discovery practice and seriously interfered with the administration of justice.

Sitting around for 90 days can be tough but with a little patience, Pearson can be back to the profession soon enough. So our message to him is… wait for it…

Just keep your pants on.
FULL STORY: https://abovethelaw.com/2020/06/54-million-lawsuit-over-missing-pants-ends-with-suspension/