Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Do you think telling passengers they are being sprayed with insecticide will go down well?

Coypu

Um 121 The element of confusion.....298.17
Reaction score
I got totally fumigated on a flight back from turkey, the overhead lockers were all opened and the cabin got very enthusiastically
sprayed. .It was supposedly to kill mozzies..:reap:

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I have travelled into and out of London during the pandemic for all but three weeks when furloughed, and the guys and gals have been great at the social distancing malarkey. When travelling on trains with windows that open people have tended to get on, open the windows nearest to them and ensured good ventilation. This morning everyone on the platform and on the train was wearing a mask or face covering. Until a young guy, possibly late teens, early twenties, obviously from a BAME origin got on the train; no mask, no face covering, systematically walked through the carriage closing every open window, then spent the whole journey giving it large on his mobile. He sat so close to one of the regulars on the train that the guy was compelled to get up and change seats. Given that it is the first train out in the morning it is used by shift workers, postal workers and construction workers and I thought the young lad was lucky to get away without being clumped.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I have travelled into and out of London during the pandemic for all but three weeks when furloughed, and the guys and gals have been great at the social distancing malarkey. When travelling on trains with windows that open people have tended to get on, open the windows nearest to them and ensured good ventilation. This morning everyone on the platform and on the train was wearing a mask or face covering. Until a young guy, possibly late teens, early twenties, obviously from a BAME origin got on the train; no mask, no face covering, systematically walked through the carriage closing every open window, then spent the whole journey giving it large on his mobile. He sat so close to one of the regulars on the train that the guy was compelled to get up and change seats. Given that it is the first train out in the morning it is used by shift workers, postal workers and construction workers and I thought the young lad was lucky to get away without being clumped.
And not one person said anything?

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
And not one person said anything?
Not a word. I’d like to think I would have objected but I was in the front quarter and he never ventured that far. He was in the middle half of the train.
In all fairness who needs agro at 5 in the morning?

pandacracker

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Do you think telling passengers they are being sprayed with insecticide will go down well?
It happened on a flight I was on once (from where to where I really can't remember) but the nice man over the tannoy explained exactly why they were doing it (killing potential death carrying insects)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
There is a chance though that it could be sheer bleedin incompetence followed by panic.
Reminds me of the woman who accidentally ran a man over with her car so that he was entangled in the front end, then drove home and left him to die in her garage. Her explanation was that she panicked.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
You have my deepest sympathy..:eek:
Before that I had a Citroen AX, at the time officially the most unsafe car in an accident on British roads. If you crashed it you'd be found lying dead surrounded by thousands of shards of shattered metal, like fallen leaves.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Havent they heard of the concept, of, hey maybe, eat the chicken?

When I get a chicken, it goes in my stomach, small bones, gristle, skin and all.

The only bits left over are the bigger bones

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
They do that when you fly to Australia - I don't think it bothered anyone much.